United_JR

K1 visa I-129F

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know why form I-134 Affidavit of Support is not needed in the Original Submission package to go along with forms I-129F & G-325A?

They don't want to know about finances right now. However, they will ask at the embassy to make sure you are able to be responsible for you beneficiary when they arrive. It's just one of those least important aspect at this time in your journey! Good luck with everything!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone know why form I-134 Affidavit of Support is not needed in the Original Submission package to go along with forms I-129F & G-325A?

Welcome to the forum.

It is the procedure developed by the two federal bureaucracies, Department of Homeland Security and Department of State, so that they could administer their respective portions of the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act. Here is some light reading:

http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/act.html

In short, it is their ball game, their rules, their playing field, their equipment.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Embassy in Philippines as of the last couple weeks has tend to not want the I-134A form

It seems as if most of the people who have had their interview in the last couple of weeks have not been asked for I-134A and one interview the petitioner asked if they needed I -134A and was told it was not needed.

We are seeing if this is new trend at USEM, but for now it is best to have it, in case it is asked for......

The accurate answer is "The I-134 is not needed in the original submission because it is not listed as one of the required forms."

As for the reason it is not a required form in the original submission, I assume that USCIS is tasked with examining the evidence of a bonafide relationship and the I-134 is simply not a part of that process. If the I-134 is required, it will be during the interview process. As VOL has pointed out, a number of people attending their interviews in Manila recently have not been asked for this form at all.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Simply answer - YOU are petitioning for the authorization from USCIS for your fiancee to be allowed to apply for a visa, income is not a requirement at this time.

... ours is not to wonder why, our is just to ... git 'er dun!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.