Miranda&James

CSC Processing Dates for Family AOS

43 posts in this topic

Katie - honestly, I get really pissed when I see these approvals in a month or two and people freaking out when they've waited a week and heard nothing. Usually I say nothing because I know it isn't right to not be happy for them (in the case of fast approvals) but sometimes I do. It's just normal to be mad when you feel like you are getting ignored and others are getting attention and there is no reason (at least no reason given) for the disparity. I think I will probably wait another month or two and at that point I'll probably try the congressman route as well. I know that greencards used to take a year or two so me waiting 6 months isn't much but the way I see it, if they are able to process cases in 1-2 months, and this is an established pattern of speed of processing, then I (and everyone else) have a right to know why my case isn't following this timeframe. I don't expect an approval from inquiries, I just expect some answers.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh but don't you know that all you need is optimism? ;)

Those of us 'stuck' aren't allowed to say anything about our situation out loud. If we do it looks like we are crapping all over somebody else's good fortune and we get flamed.

I for one will continue to post our story here to the bitter end. And I don't do that to try and poo all over the others who pass us bye, or to draw attention to myself, or just to generally whine.

I do it and will continue to do it as a reminder to all that this process is never one that should be taken for granted nor abused. All anyone has to do is look at our case and they will see reasons they should file for EAD or AP, reasons they should track their case status online (not hourly but at least every few days) and reasons why they should learn about the process. IMO this is immigration - it's a VERY SERIOUS matter. It's not like buying a car or ordering a pizza. You need to be informed and know the process. You need to know how to bail your butt out of trouble if you happen to hit a bump. And you have no right in the world to expect zippy-quick microwave service. It's a serious process with a seriously understaffed and overburdened agency. You better have your ducks in a row.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I try not to check the USCIS website too often but, since the touch on the 15th that didn't pan out to anything for me (but seemed to for others, sigh), I started checking the site every few hours, wondering if my touch was a mistake or if there is an RFE or *something* on the way to us. Sadly, still nothing.

It is very hard to keep mustering enthusiasm for approvals, particularly when you look at the timelines and some people barely had time to dry the ink on their applications before the green card gets approved and shipped out to them. All dialogues we have had with USCIS and with our congressman have only told us we are pending - it was the liaison at USCIS that told us we were stuck in the FBI Name Check. For a CSC transfer, we're pretty lucky to know this is a fact, even though it still doesn't really help us.

I have sent emails to the top 10 national news agencies in the USA (there was a list on one website, very handy) about the plight of those of us in FBI Name Check limbo, as well as random newspapers and online news sites, and emailed more than one person per company to get maximum opportunity for feedback, and only one journalist got back to me. After a few weeks of waiting for him to process the info after I told him the plight of those on VJ who have been waiting months without word and know they are stuck in the FBI Name Check, and gave him sources for legislation, USCIS updates and all else I could think of, I am now stuck again because he wrote back to me at the end of January to tell me:

I'm sorry, I've been inundated with other stories and have not been able to explore the situation with regard to the FBI namecheck, other than to talk with some immigration lawyers and confirm it is, indeed, a problem.

I wish I could devote more time to it, but I don't see it happening in the next few weeks. But check back, I think it's something we might be able to deal with at some point.

I'm sorry I don't have better news, or more time.

I also got a reply today from Mr Terminator himself (or rather, his aid, bit it's the thought that counts) and it says:
Subject: Re:FBI Name Check limbo for Green Cards

Thank you for your correspondence to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. The Governor appreciates the comments of people like you who care about the future of our great state.

The issue you have written about is federal in nature and not under state jurisdiction. We suggest that you contact your United States Senator, Dianne Feinstein, at the following address:

The Honorable Dianne Feinstein

One Post Street, Suite 2450

San Francisco, California 94104

(415) 393-0707

http://feinstein.senate.gov

In addition, you may wish to contact your United States Congressional Representative. To find out who your local Representative is, please visit www.house.gov/writerep.

Sincerely,

Office of Constituent Affairs

Done it and done it.

I get the feeling sometimes that the only people who care are those in the same boat, and you can find them all on VJ. But it still sure makes the wait very lonely.

Anyway, that's my rant, though it's not so much a rant as a sad sigh. Here's hoping that tomorrow fairs better with news and feedback.

Annie

Edited by WifeOHunkyJohn

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Ok, I just tried my luck at calling the misinformation line and for once had a relatively pleasant experience with a nice lady on the other end (it takes FOREVER to get to a real person, by the way :P). My whole reason for calling was just to see if I could get any tidbit of information on why there were no processing dates for family based I-485 applications at CSC. She told me that the reason they don't post them is because they (at CSC) are supposed to be working on them first, or as they get there. So, while this isn't much help to those of us who have been waiting there awhile, at least we have some vague idea on what is going on there. She also put in a service request for my case to see if we can find out what is happening but as well all know, those often do no good and get no response, but I will hassle them once again if I don't hear anything in 45 days. Seeing as how some people get approved so fast from CSC it seems that the actual processing of the cases must not take long, so namechecks are still my only guess as to why some sit there longer than others. Just wanted to pass on the info :)

processing time for Atlanta I-485 is still on July 17, 2006 and they received yours on July 30th. They should start processing it within the next two days. Ours is dated as received on July 5th, but Newark is only on June 27th so we have about 9 days before they even start processing ours as well. Do not follow the CSC processing times because they are not correct. you must follow your local office processing time even if the file has been transferred to California.

Ok, I just tried my luck at calling the misinformation line and for once had a relatively pleasant experience with a nice lady on the other end (it takes FOREVER to get to a real person, by the way :P). My whole reason for calling was just to see if I could get any tidbit of information on why there were no processing dates for family based I-485 applications at CSC. She told me that the reason they don't post them is because they (at CSC) are supposed to be working on them first, or as they get there. So, while this isn't much help to those of us who have been waiting there awhile, at least we have some vague idea on what is going on there. She also put in a service request for my case to see if we can find out what is happening but as well all know, those often do no good and get no response, but I will hassle them once again if I don't hear anything in 45 days. Seeing as how some people get approved so fast from CSC it seems that the actual processing of the cases must not take long, so namechecks are still my only guess as to why some sit there longer than others. Just wanted to pass on the info :)

Sorry, I mean they should start processing yours in about two weeks.

Late November 2004 Sent out I-129 package

December 8, 2004 NOA2 approved

February 2005 Receives Pakcage 3

Late April, 2005 Sent back package 3

Early August 2005 Receives package 4

November 2, 2005 Medical

November 8, 2005 Interview... success!

November 9, 2005 Received Visa at 9am by courier

May 2 or 3,2006 He arrives in the USA

May 13, 2006 Wedding

July 3, 2006 Sent out for AOS, EAD, and AP

July 13, 2006 Received NOA's for all three

Sep. 21, 2006 Received AP

Sep. 23, 2006 Received EAD. YAY!

February 15, 2007 Approved without interview!! Card ordered for production

February 16, 2007 Mail notice sent welcoming new permanent resident

December 23, 2008 Sent in I-751 to remove conditions

January 5, 2009 Received NOA

February 6, 2009 Biometrics appt.

now just waiting....

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Katie - honestly, I get really pissed when I see these approvals in a month or two and people freaking out when they've waited a week and heard nothing. Usually I say nothing because I know it isn't right to not be happy for them (in the case of fast approvals) but sometimes I do. It's just normal to be mad when you feel like you are getting ignored and others are getting attention and there is no reason (at least no reason given) for the disparity. I think I will probably wait another month or two and at that point I'll probably try the congressman route as well. I know that greencards used to take a year or two so me waiting 6 months isn't much but the way I see it, if they are able to process cases in 1-2 months, and this is an established pattern of speed of processing, then I (and everyone else) have a right to know why my case isn't following this timeframe. I don't expect an approval from inquiries, I just expect some answers.

I feel the same way Miranda. How can they proclaim that applications are processed "in the order they are received" when there have been several who mailed off AOS just a month or so ago and have already received their approval and GC while some of us are still waiting months. I really am glad for those already approved. I am, really. But that doesn't keep me from being just a tad frustrated as I watch my husband grow frustrated and wonder what's going on with his case.

BTW, we contacted our senator. We'll see if this helps. It may not but it can't hurt to try.

processing time for Atlanta I-485 is still on July 17, 2006 and they received yours on July 30th. They should start processing it within the next two days. Ours is dated as received on July 5th, but Newark is only on June 27th so we have about 9 days before they even start processing ours as well. Do not follow the CSC processing times because they are not correct. you must follow your local office processing time even if the file has been transferred to California.

Sorry, I mean they should start processing yours in about two weeks.

Processing times ARE stated to be July 17, 2006 BUT how would you explain the fast approvals of those who applied back in December or January compared to those of us who applied way back in 2006 and for those who haven't heard anything in at least a couple years? This is why I say we can't really go by those dates. USCIS has no rhyme or reason for how they process applications. If that were the case, these 45 day and 31 day approvals wouldn't have happened.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Yeah, I dunno about going for the processing dates of my local office. That wouldn't make sense and doesn't jive with what the lady on the phone told me (although I don't put much faith in the infoline). I agree with Karen, it doesn't explain why some people got approved in a few short weeks and others have waited months.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So when I came back from work I went and got my mail and there was a little letter from the USCIS regarding the service request that was sent out on dec 19th. It was dated yesterday and was sent from my DO which is St. Louis.

The letter says

"Additional information is needed to process your request for information on your application. Please make an infopass appointment with your local office and bring all your immigration documents and valid passport."

Now this has me freaking out a little because surley if it were due to name checks and the such wouldn't my letter say the status of my request is that I'm in background checks? What could my DO possibly want to see, all papers were apparently sent to CSC so what additional info are they after? I received an RFE in August but quickly responded and have received no further RFE's so I'm confused by the wording of "additional evidence". I'm starting to worry that my case was indeed lost in transit as I never received the infamous email saying that CSC have received it. Thankfully I could make an appointment for Friday at 2.20 so hopefully I'll finally get some answers.

wow Katie - I'm so sorry to hear about this :o I really hope your file hasn't been misplaced... take everything and the kitchen sink with you... you never know, they may be able to even approve you...

Wish you the best for Friday (F)

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Don't know why some people are getting their AOS package processed faster. Maybe they are giving certain countries preferential treatment to process faster. It wouldn't surprise me since it happens in our area within the communities.

Late November 2004 Sent out I-129 package

December 8, 2004 NOA2 approved

February 2005 Receives Pakcage 3

Late April, 2005 Sent back package 3

Early August 2005 Receives package 4

November 2, 2005 Medical

November 8, 2005 Interview... success!

November 9, 2005 Received Visa at 9am by courier

May 2 or 3,2006 He arrives in the USA

May 13, 2006 Wedding

July 3, 2006 Sent out for AOS, EAD, and AP

July 13, 2006 Received NOA's for all three

Sep. 21, 2006 Received AP

Sep. 23, 2006 Received EAD. YAY!

February 15, 2007 Approved without interview!! Card ordered for production

February 16, 2007 Mail notice sent welcoming new permanent resident

December 23, 2008 Sent in I-751 to remove conditions

January 5, 2009 Received NOA

February 6, 2009 Biometrics appt.

now just waiting....

Filed: Other Timeline
So when I came back from work I went and got my mail and there was a little letter from the USCIS regarding the service request that was sent out on dec 19th. It was dated yesterday and was sent from my DO which is St. Louis.

The letter says

"Additional information is needed to process your request for information on your application. Please make an infopass appointment with your local office and bring all your immigration documents and valid passport."

Now this has me freaking out a little because surley if it were due to name checks and the such wouldn't my letter say the status of my request is that I'm in background checks? What could my DO possibly want to see, all papers were apparently sent to CSC so what additional info are they after? I received an RFE in August but quickly responded and have received no further RFE's so I'm confused by the wording of "additional evidence". I'm starting to worry that my case was indeed lost in transit as I never received the infamous email saying that CSC have received it. Thankfully I could make an appointment for Friday at 2.20 so hopefully I'll finally get some answers.

That's an interesting message indeed. I hope you do get some answers. Come back and let us know what you find out - and maybe they want your passport to stamp the I551 in it!

Don't know why some people are getting their AOS package processed faster. Maybe they are giving certain countries preferential treatment to process faster. It wouldn't surprise me since it happens in our area within the communities.

If you look at the lists of transferrees as well as the lists of people stuck in namecheck, I think you can dispel that idea. I've seen just as many people from 'high fraud posts' get swift approvals without interviews as I have from other nations.

O goodness Katie! Although, lets hope this means that they are working on your case and perhaps this infopass can speed things up! Good luck!!

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The letter says

Maybe they need to inspect an original of some evidence doc so they can approve the case.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow. The suspense is killing me as to what this additional info is that they need to see, I do hope it's just something trivial and then things can start moving again, but who knows with the USCIS!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If they are actually processing them in the order they are recieved,,,,,,my childrens K2 were in the SAME package as mine and I have a card on the way and nothing for them........sad, as a family you would think they would notice that.

Timeline

So I went to my infopass appointment today and I really don't know what to think of it all :wacko: I spoke with a very lovely lady at the St. Louis DO. She looked up my file and told me that actually my file is in Lee's Summit MO. I showed her my receipt notice from CSC and she told me that she had seen that it was sent to Laguna Nigel and that they had then sent it to the National Records Centre in Lee's Summit and it's now "locked away in a vault somewhere."

Obviously I asked what this meant with my case. First she told me I'm the first case she's seen of a CSC transfer with no interview- and then her boss took her to one side and explained about CSC transfer. She then told me that as far as she can see it was most probably approved, but someone forgot to order the card. It was then sent back to Lee's Summit to be locked away. Strange as I've never heard of this. She then told me to reschedule an infopass for next Friday to give her 7 days to get my file, as she's sent a request to Lee's Summit asking to see my file.

I then asked her if I was in FBI namecheck and she said as far as she can see on the computer everything is fine with my namecheck, that's not what the hold up is. So now i'm all dazed and confused as to what's going on.

I guess I better go and reschedule my appointment and then grovell to my boss tp get another friday afternoon off work :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.