trecs

Co-sponsors for K1 Visa

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wanted to post in this topic because the original posters situation is similar to mine.

Im applying from the UK and my fiance is on the borderline to qualifying for the financial requirements based on her taxed income in 2014, but if they do use discretion in London would the following help our case?

• I have my own small ebay business that brings in approx $250-300 per week i have records showing the taxes i filed on this business for the last 2 years this is a business that i would still be earning an income from.
  • I have bank savings in the region of $5,000 which will be more by the time i need to interview
  • I own gold and silver coins that have a market value of over $10,000 that i will bringing to the USA with me

Also my fiances income for 2014/15 will be more than the requirements as she will be licensed to do in home day care so i can bring those bank statements with me for 2015 to show her increase in income.

Im hoping if we are on the borderline to the 125% amount this sort of evidence can be used any advice greatly appreciated.

Timeline

Forgot to add my fiance also gets $400 a month in child support and although i know this cannot be used as her income number she does get it every month, could that also be used as additional evidence that she has enough?? with that extra $400 a month added she easily qualifies for the 125% poverty level.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Forgot to add my fiance also gets $400 a month in child support and although i know this cannot be used as her income number she does get it every month, could that also be used as additional evidence that she has enough?? with that extra $400 a month added she easily qualifies for the 125% poverty level.

Child support can be used. You need to supply a copy of the court order and bank statements or check stubs to prove the amount they actually receive monthly.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Child support can be used. You need to supply a copy of the court order and bank statements or check stubs to prove the amount they actually receive monthly.

Ok we were told by our attorney that it doesn't count but i was wondering if it could be used as additional evidence if we're very close to the 125% limit

from what i can gather London does use quite a lot of discretion which would be very helpful in our situation because i do have an income that would

travel with me to the USA and i also have savings and assets worth around $15,000+

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not sure why your attorney would tell you it cannot be used for an affidavit of support. It is even something mentioned in the I-864 instructions. Maybe if the children are older and the child support will not last much longer, but if they are younger and it will continue for a few years, then I do not see why it would not be counted if you can clearly prove you receive that income.

5. Current Individual Annual Income.

Enter your current individual earned or retirement annual income that you are using to meet the requirements of this
form and indicate the total on this line.

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that
submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to
submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official. For example, you
may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer's address and telephone number, and
indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stub(s) showing your income for the previous 6 months. If
your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source,
you may also include evidence of that income.

Yes, London is one that will allow self-sponsorship and so may take into account your income that will continue once you are in the US. You can also include your assets on the I-864 later for AOS. You will need to apply for AOS and get your EAD before you are legally allowed to work in the US though.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Not sure why your attorney would tell you it cannot be used for an affidavit of support. It is even something mentioned in the I-864 instructions. Maybe if the children are older and the child support will not last much longer, but if they are younger and it will continue for a few years, then I do not see why it would not be counted if you can clearly prove you receive that income.

ok thanks we've only just started the process so haven't got to the I-864 yet, if that's the case she will qualify in her own right so thats good news.

ok thanks we've only just started the process so haven't got to the I-864 yet, if that's the case she will qualify in her own right so thats good news.

Yes to everything you have mentioned will be considered for the I-134 in London. They don't even require a tax return so proof of an increase during 2015 will be counted if you can show it on paper. It is about current income, not last year's.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Yes to everything you have mentioned will be considered for the I-134 in London. They don't even require a tax return so proof of an increase during 2015 will be counted if you can show it on paper. It is about current income, not last year's.

Ok thats great.

• 4 weeks later...

Further to my previous posts: As of the 26th Jan we've had a raise in income which would mean we would have enough for the 125%. However this won't be shown on his tax return till next year.

Would proof from the employer be enough, saying how much he is currently earning?

May 2012 - Met Online Gaming

November 2012 - Started dating

June 2013 - He visited the UK

August 2013 - She visited the US - got Engaged!

Mar/Apr 2014 - She visited the US

June 2014 - I-129F Sent

June 2014 - NOA1 Received

June 2014 - She visited the US

Jun/Jul 2014 - He visited the UK

Oct/Nov/Dec 2014- He visited the UK

Dec 2014 - NOA2 Received

Dec 2014 - NVC Received

Dec/Jan 2014/15 - She visited the US

January 2015 - Consulate Received

March 2015 - Medical

July 2015 - Interview - Approved!

July 2015 - Visa Received

Further to my previous posts: As of the 26th Jan we've had a raise in income which would mean we would have enough for the 125%. However this won't be shown on his tax return till next year.

Would proof from the employer be enough, saying how much he is currently earning?

Of course.

As I already started, "They don't even require a tax return so proof of an increase during 2015 will be counted if you can show it on paper. It is about current income, not last year's."

Your proof is the employer letter.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 1 month later...

Of course.

As I already started, "They don't even require a tax return so proof of an increase during 2015 will be counted if you can show it on paper. It is about current income, not last year's."

Your proof is the employer letter.

Scratch what i said before, it still wasn't enough and we've been unable to find a suitable co-sponsor which apparently means i will not be invited to my interview.

So, i have no idea what we do now.

Thank you for your help.

May 2012 - Met Online Gaming

November 2012 - Started dating

June 2013 - He visited the UK

August 2013 - She visited the US - got Engaged!

Mar/Apr 2014 - She visited the US

June 2014 - I-129F Sent

June 2014 - NOA1 Received

June 2014 - She visited the US

Jun/Jul 2014 - He visited the UK

Oct/Nov/Dec 2014- He visited the UK

Dec 2014 - NOA2 Received

Dec 2014 - NVC Received

Dec/Jan 2014/15 - She visited the US

January 2015 - Consulate Received

March 2015 - Medical

July 2015 - Interview - Approved!

July 2015 - Visa Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.