3 posts in this topic

I was going through some of the threads here, I found out that some of the people who recently gave interview were talking about 221g.

My question is when an individual give US visa interview, is that CO always ask an individual to fill 221g or if CO needs extra evidence at that time CO ask to fill?

What I understood from my reading is that, if CO needs some extra evidence after an interview from an applicant and hold an applicant in to the administrative process at that time CO ask to fill 221g?? or else its just a routine exercise??

221g is a piece of paper consule gave you if three is something wrong with your visa application like missing papers or haven't paid fee. It's a 50/50 chance of visa approval depending if missing something complicated or what.

Also 221g is a notice given if there is extra time needed to process your visa. In this case the 221g will only say "administrative processing." The Embassy must gather all necessary papers needed to make the sealed visa "packet" that goes along with you to your point of entry POE in USA, when you arrive at POE, you will present your passport with visa, and the sealed packet to the immigration officer of homeland security. It is not to be opened. It is confidential, and the immigration officer will need it to accept you into USA. This happens in many cases. It is no cause for worry, if your paper only says "administrative processing" just check your case status, and the Embassy will email/call you when your packet is ready, and visa is issued. Until then it's a waiting game. :clock: We've been waiting 7 months now. :crying::clock:

event.png

event.png

Thanks a lot for such a great explanation. I hope you guys goes through AP soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.