3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I had my medical in the philippines, i opted to have my vaccine in the US.

yesterday me and hubby went to his family doctor for a general check up. Doctor gave me flu shots, tetanus and dpt. arent those the shots i needed for my aos since i havent gotten my vaccines in the philippines. The thing is the doctor has no idea what to do with my vaccine chart the one given by st luke.... What forms do i need to make known that i now have my vaccines done here in the US?

What forms do i need to fill out for my adjustment?

My k1 expires february 25, 2015.. Thats why i need to accomplish everythjng this month.

Thanks to everyone who will answer my questions... :)

When I had my medical in the philippines, i opted to have my vaccine in the US.

yesterday me and hubby went to his family doctor for a general check up. Doctor gave me flu shots, tetanus and dpt. arent those the shots i needed for my aos since i havent gotten my vaccines in the philippines. The thing is the doctor has no idea what to do with my vaccine chart the one given by st luke.... What forms do i need to make known that i now have my vaccines done here in the US?

What forms do i need to fill out for my adjustment?

My k1 expires february 25, 2015.. Thats why i need to accomplish everythjng this month.

Thanks to everyone who will answer my questions... :)

The civil surgeon will know exactly what you will need. Download form I-693, page 5 is where the vaccination record section (http://www.uscis.gov/i-693). For me, I have my vaccination records from Philippines and US for Hepa A, Hepa B, Tetanus, MMR, Influenza . Then my doctor also indicated that I had Varicella (chicken fox) therefore i dont need that vaccine. The civil surgeon also indicated on I-693 that DT/DTP/DTap, Hib, Pneumococcal, Rotavirus and Meningococcal are not age appropriate and so I dont need them. The civil surgeon gave me IPV shot (pollio vaccine), I had it but no records so she just gave me a shot again.

Whatever you miss, the civil surgeon will give you the shot. But if you have insurance it is probably better/cheaper to get it from your doctor. The USCIS has the list of civil surgeons in your area (https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV).

08/20/2014 Application (I-130/I-485 concurrent filing) received at Chicago lockbox

09/04/2014 NOA (text and email) at 12:40 AM

09/05/2014 USCIS case status activated

I-485 is forwarded to Nebraska Service Center (dated 09/02/2014 for the fingerprint fee): Acceptance Status

I-130, I-131 and I-765 are all dated 08/20/2014 (all are at Initial Review)

09/08/2014 NOA hard copies received

09/12/2014 Biometrics appointment letters, scheduled on 09/24/204

09/24/2014 Biometrics done :)

11/08/2014 EAD in production (called USCIS 11/05/2014 and they put in a service request for me)

11/14/2014 Ready to be scheduled for interview! Hooray! :)

11/18/2014 Got my EAD/AP in the mail. ;)

12/06/2017 Received notice for interview (Jan 8) :D

01/08/2015 Interview, verbal approval

01/12/2015 New Card in Production!

01/17/2015 GC received!!! but not done yet, my name is "incorrect," I have not changed my last name yet and they change it in the card. The EAD and AP are correct though.

Your family Doctor may not be a Civil Surgeon. However, he needs to provide you with proof of the vaccinations that your were given, which you will need when you visit a Civil Surgeon for you I-693.

Only a civil surgeon can update your vaccinations that will be required for your AOS. You can go to the USCIS webpage and locate one if you haven't: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

A Civil Surgeon can be a Doctor but any Doctor is a Civil Surgeon, they have to be selected by USCIS to conduct medical examinations.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.