racheal&david

Petiton Sent, when will we get our NOA1?

25 posts in this topic

I just checked the tracking and it was signed for this morning but now my fiancé has just told me that he forgot to include a copy of his US birth certificate!!! I'm a bit worried now. Will they send the whole package back to him or just send a RFE for the birth certificate? Everything else that is needed for the petition is included but he forgot that one thing. The whole process of filing the petition makes us both overthink everything, silly mistake. So I'm hoping it won't be a huge issue?

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

I just checked the tracking and it was signed for this morning but now my fiancé has just told me that he forgot to include a copy of his US birth certificate!!! I'm a bit worried now. Will they send the whole package back to him or just send a RFE for the birth certificate? Everything else that is needed for the petition is included but he forgot that one thing. The whole process of filing the petition makes us both overthink everything, silly mistake. So I'm hoping it won't be a huge issue?

While I can't answer 100% for sure, I'm sure he'll receive an NOA1 with an RFE.

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

From what I have learned you will receive NOA1 just like anyone else, but when the time comes in the service center to process your petition you will get RFE, after you send in the missing copies and whatever else they need they approve pretty fast.

Legal Permanent Resident since 09.15.2015

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.22.2017 package delivered to Laguna Niguel PO box

06.23.2017 check cashed

06.27.2017 NOA-1 received dated 06.22.2017

07.14.2017 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 06.30.2017

07.19.2017 Biometrics appointment 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

While I can't answer 100% for sure, I'm sure he'll receive an NOA1 with an RFE.

Not exactly. You'll get NOA1, the file goes to some undisclosed location where it waits, and then at some point an adjudicator will begin reviewing your file. If something is missing at that point, they will send an RFE; otherwise you'll likely be approved.

I mailed mine overnight USPS on January 2. It was delivered this Monday the 5th, signed even though I did not ask for a signature. I got 4 identical text messages and emails yesterday that it was received, along with the WAC number, which already works on the USCIS case status page.

The check appears to have cleared my bank account in the last 12 hours.

Timeline

Did you receive your NOA-1?

Edited by Ksenia1985

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.23.2017 check cashed

Timeline

We received the hard copy of our NOA-1 in the mail January 9th, a week after the text and e-mail (Jan 2).

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.23.2017 check cashed

We haven't received a text/email yet. Our tracking said it was signed/delivered to USCIS lockbox on Jan 7th, so I'm anxiously awaiting our NOA1....

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

We haven't received a text/email yet. Our tracking said it was signed/delivered to USCIS lockbox on Jan 7th, so I'm anxiously awaiting our NOA1....

Hello!

Mine arrived on the same day and I haven't received any notification yet either (no NOA1 or check cashed).

There is a thread for January 2015 filers if you want to join. There I saw someone whose application was delivered on the 6th and she received her NOA1 text/email on the 8th! Let's hope for tomorrow (Monday the 11th).

Here's the January 2015 filers thread if you want to follow = http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/529593-january-2015-k1-visa-petition-filers/

Good luck!

P.S. we're both from Georgia, @Racheal17! :dancing:

Edited by AllyandRigo

Hello!

Mine arrived on the same day and I haven't received any notification yet either (no NOA1 or check cashed).

There is a thread for January 2015 filers if you want to join. There I saw someone whose application was delivered on the 6th and she received her NOA1 text/email on the 8th! Let's hope for tomorrow (Monday the 11th).

Here's the January 2015 filers thread if you want to follow = http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/529593-january-2015-k1-visa-petition-filers/

Good luck!

P.S. we're both from Georgia, @Racheal17! :dancing:

Hey, thanks. I've followed! Yes, hoping my fiancé gets our NOA1 tomorrow.

Go Georgia ??

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.