viktoriyardh

I-130 for parents and underage brother

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello there. I have a questions regarding I-130 petition. I am a US citizen and have applied for I-130 for my parents who live in Ukraine. The case is currently being reviewed by NVC but I am very concerned about my brother who is now 16 years old and lives with my parents also in Ukraine. I recently found out that he is not able to receive a green card automatically through my parent, even though he is only 16. What is the best and fastest way to bring him to United States? Will my parents have to leave him there alone? How long do they need to stay US to receive a green card and how often can they go back if he does need to stay alone in Ukraine? When can they apply for him? Any answers and advices would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for your time!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There is no way that your brother can immigrate with your parents...

Options :

- Student visa (Lesser chance for geting it but you can try)

- As soon as your parents becomes Green card holder you can file for for your brother for F2A as he is less then 21...currently petitions is going on for visa issuance for petiion filled on or Before 15-Apr-2013.. So he may migrate to US before he turns 21....

- This F2A will be convered to F2B as soon as he becomes 21...currently the processing date is 1-Apr-08...

So you can assume the wait periods..

Make sure that your brother doesn't get married before he moves to USA else his petition becomes Void...(both F2A -F2B as Green card holder can file ONLY for unmarried sons)

Edited by pink_niru

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

there are no derivatives on parent's petitions, when there is a minor usually one can file for one parent, and the other parent and child stay behind. as soon as the spouse enters he or she can file for spouse and child, it will take around 2 years of waiting

if they both come and one files, the wait is around 2 years, who will he live with over there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi pink

not true, the age isn't 18, it's 21

for immigration purposes, the age is 21, F2B is for children over 21,unmarried of a LPR

so he will always be an F2A as long as he is under 21 when he gets the GC

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi pink

not true, the age isn't 18, it's 21

for immigration purposes, the age is 21, F2B is for children over 21,unmarried of a LPR

so he will always be an F2A as long as he is under 21 when he gets the GC

Yes that's right...My bad...The age is 21 and NOT 18...

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.