generousjido

Misplaced document at NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello everyone, nvc misplaced one of the document in the IV package sent to them and even after it has been reviewed they told us to resend it. The person i spoke with said that we should 'ATTENTION' then i didnt grab the remaining words then the call dropped, i tried calling back but proved abortive. She said with that written on the envelope, we wont have to wait another 60days but the document will be treated as soon as they receive it. Has anyone had this kind of experience with them? And what was she trying to tell us to write on the envelope? Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

hi;(! so u sent a doc to nvc and nvc misplaced it;(? my experience that cause the delay of my visa issuance is bcoz of these AOs cenomar and hkong police clearance that were sent to embassy Manila werent not in the packet where embassy received wth the rest of my documents;( My hubby called NVC about the missing docs in the packet and nvc said all forwarded to embassy Manila that nvc dont have anyleft document anymore with them , but on my interview it shocked me when this filpina staff pre interviewed me with my thick files she has infront of her insisted nvc didnt send them the missing docs except only the docs she got infront of us in that window:( so who takes responsible of the missing docs when nvc and embassy had different version of where those docs are now;( i almost cried when i learned my Hongkong clearance is nowhere to find;( they dont have the idea how har to get, how long did it tke for me to get that clearance from the hongkong police force;::('

So meaning applicants' docs arent properly and handled not carefully too?

Now how to locate those docs? no one accepts who is responsible to locate them,, this is another delay,,, sorry my friend hope no more applicant will experience this,,,,

really hard to wait wait wait;((( Gods help;)!

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

We had the same issue with NVC. They misplaced (or overlooked) my father-in-laws military document when we sent in the entire package last May. They reviewed the package in mid-June and said it was missing. My wife went back and forth with them. Finally got a supervisor on the phone three weeks after getting the first checklist. The supervisor said she would pull the file and see if she saw it. Got a call back a week later from the same supervisor saying the document was found and sending back to document review. My wife asked the supervisor when she originally spoke with her asking if they could expedite the request since it was their fault. The supervisor understood. Anyway after the file was sent back to document review (mid-July now) we were told by call center agents and other supervisors there is no way to expedite the process at NVC. The only way would be to contact the Embassy and request an expedite but it is up to the Embassy to approve or deny the request. So my wife sent an expedite request to the Embassy claiming her father was in ill health and NVC is unable to do their job.

We called NVC at least once a week to be told it is still in document review. Finally in mid-to-late August my wife called the Embassy to be told the visa services section doesn't take phone calls. Called NVC the same morning as soon as they opened... Embassy denied the expedite request, however, the case is marked as complete as of three days earlier. We got the case complete emails a week later. The interview letter came on September 11 for October 9. Based on the subject line of the interview letter email, I think someone changed the case complete date to June (when is should of been done if they didn't misplaced the document) so they were put near the front of the que.

More information is below in my signature.

Here is the information regarding the cases for my in-laws (wife, their daughter, is the petitioner under the IR-5 category, Parents of a USC):

Submit I-130 (2 petitions) to USCIS on May 30, 2013

USCIS approved the cases on March 10, 2014.

Received notice online from USCIS the cases were sent to NVC on March 17, 2014.

NVC received the cases on March 28, 2014

The case numbers were created on Monday, April 28.

We received the numbers by phone on Friday, May 2.

DS-261 became available on both cases late in the evening on Friday, May 2. Both DS-261 filed on Saturday, May 3.

Received emails to my wife regarding AOS at around 8am on Wednesday, May 7. At the same time received emails that were cc of letters sent to my in-laws. However, the date of all of the letters was Monday, May 5.

Received emails regarding the Immigrant Visa Fee at around 11:15am on Wednesday, May 7. IV fees became available online at around 1pm on Wednesday, May 7. Date of invoice was Tuesday, May 8.

Paid all the fees on Wednesday, May 7 at around 1:15pm.

All fees marked as paid and DS-260 become available sometime late on Friday, May 9.

Dropped off IV and AOS packages (in two different envelopes - 1 for AOS and 1 for IV documents) at the local post office at around 2pm on Saturday, May 10.

Submitted DS-260 (for both cases) around 10am on Sunday, May 11.

Both document packages received by NVC on Monday, May 12 (according to Post Office Tracking - one around 1pm and the other around 4pm. Don't know why they got separated.)

Received checklist email for both cases at 4pm on Thursday, June 12 regarding the IV civil documents

Wife called NVC in the afternoon of Friday, June 13 to inquire about the checklist. Told by a representative they are normal and automatic and not to worry. AOS under review. Call back after Tuesday, June 24.
Received a checklist for my father-in-law on Monday, June 16. NVC reviewed his AOS paperwork, but waiting for the documents the requested the week before.

Wife called NVC in the morning of Tuesday, June 17. Told by the agent they don't have the document requested for dad, and they don't have the AOS package for her mom.

Put in a request with our Senator to get more information. Response was mother-in-law is documentary complete and father-in-law was in document review for the military document.

Wife called NVC on the morning of Tuesday, July 1 and spoke with a supervisor regarding her dad's military document. Supervisor said she would look into it.

Supervisor called us and left a voicemail on the morning of Wednesday, July 9 and stated they have located my father-in-law's military documents. Case sent back to document review.

Per conversation with an agent, the expedited request originally requested by email on July 7, was sent to the Embassy on Thursday, July 10.

Received by postal mail on Thursday, August 21 from our Senator regarding the response of another inquiry. Still the same.

Early in the morning on Friday, August 22:

Wife calls the Embassy and was told the IV section doesn't accept calls, and was given a number in the states that turned out to be scheduling assistance for NIV interviews.

Called NVC as soon as they opened and was told the Embassy denied the expedite request, but the case was completed by NVC on Monday, August 18. Wife inquired about interview scheduling, and was given some good information.

At 5 PM on Thursday, September 11, received the interview letters. Interview is scheduled for the morning of October 9.

Mother-in-law approved. Father-in-law placed in Administrative Processing due to follow-up TB test.

CEAC stated ISSUED for my mother-in-law on October 15. DHL had the package for pick up on October 17 but called the wrong number. Package picked up on October 27.

On December 11 mother-in-law received a phone call from the Embassy that the medical is back for my father-in-law and to DHL his passport to them. Passport sent on December 12.

On December 18 CEAC updated to ISSUED for my father-in-law. My wife is happy!!!! Embassy said they gave it to DHL on December 19

Due to a DHL delay the package did not become available for pick up until December 24. USCIS Immigrant Fee paid the same day.

POE: JFK Terminal 1 - December 26, 2014 - They are finally here!!!

Took them to a local SSA office to get SSN on January 6, 2015. Cards received on January 10, 2015.

Green Cards received by priority mail on January 23, 2015 (four weeks after arrival).

Both went to motor vehicles and got state issued ID cards on April 11, 2015.

sorry to hear ur story too, thought i was jus the only victim;( so is there way here in visajourney who could assist us for those lost or missing docs? my case has bn requested for expedite for health reason and granted my hubby is expected to have his surgery las December 2014 when i did interview consul said submit these then i will approve ur visa, no choice than to comply to what embassy asked but consul also must consider that we have submitted all to nvc and nvc said all forwarde to embassy and now nowhere to find;(! plus the reason why we are in a hurry my husband is sick,, and doctors the risk of some part in the stomach might burst anytime if sevee pain attack him again as he complained every morning goin work he felt bloated and its been uncomfortable in his job working in machinery from a car making company,, I feel so tired thinking worrying, stressful, we feel authority doesnt prioritize health issues why needed expedited;(( God helps when no one can, just hope their mind will be lighten that health issue first than anything else,, we do this legally so please to whom it may concern,,, act with a heart;)!

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

sorry to hear ur story too, thought i was jus the only victim;( so is there way here in visajourney who could assist us for those lost or missing docs? my case has bn requested for expedite for health reason and granted my hubby is expected to have his surgery las December 2014 when i did interview consul said submit these then i will approve ur visa, no choice than to comply to what embassy asked but consul also must consider that we have submitted all to nvc and nvc said all forwarde to embassy and now nowhere to find;(! plus the reason why we are in a hurry my husband is sick,, and doctors the risk of some part in the stomach might burst anytime if sevee pain attack him again as he complained every morning goin work he felt bloated and its been uncomfortable in his job working in machinery from a car making company,, I feel so tired thinking worrying, stressful, we feel authority doesnt prioritize health issues why needed expedited;(( God helps when no one can, just hope their mind will be lighten that health issue first than anything else,, we do this legally so please to whom it may concern,,, act with a heart;)!

We submitted our expedite request through NVC. NVC then email us back asking for two foreign phone numbers where the applicant can be reached. After that they just forwarded the original expedite email request with the contact information to the Embassy.

Another way to request an expedite is to contact the Embassy directly.

IF the Embassy approves your expedite request then they tell NVC to send the file as is. Once they receive it they should contact you or the visa applicant and advise them of what is still needed. In this case the remaining processing steps and the interview scheduling is done by the Embassy.

Here is the information regarding the cases for my in-laws (wife, their daughter, is the petitioner under the IR-5 category, Parents of a USC):

Submit I-130 (2 petitions) to USCIS on May 30, 2013

USCIS approved the cases on March 10, 2014.

Received notice online from USCIS the cases were sent to NVC on March 17, 2014.

NVC received the cases on March 28, 2014

The case numbers were created on Monday, April 28.

We received the numbers by phone on Friday, May 2.

DS-261 became available on both cases late in the evening on Friday, May 2. Both DS-261 filed on Saturday, May 3.

Received emails to my wife regarding AOS at around 8am on Wednesday, May 7. At the same time received emails that were cc of letters sent to my in-laws. However, the date of all of the letters was Monday, May 5.

Received emails regarding the Immigrant Visa Fee at around 11:15am on Wednesday, May 7. IV fees became available online at around 1pm on Wednesday, May 7. Date of invoice was Tuesday, May 8.

Paid all the fees on Wednesday, May 7 at around 1:15pm.

All fees marked as paid and DS-260 become available sometime late on Friday, May 9.

Dropped off IV and AOS packages (in two different envelopes - 1 for AOS and 1 for IV documents) at the local post office at around 2pm on Saturday, May 10.

Submitted DS-260 (for both cases) around 10am on Sunday, May 11.

Both document packages received by NVC on Monday, May 12 (according to Post Office Tracking - one around 1pm and the other around 4pm. Don't know why they got separated.)

Received checklist email for both cases at 4pm on Thursday, June 12 regarding the IV civil documents

Wife called NVC in the afternoon of Friday, June 13 to inquire about the checklist. Told by a representative they are normal and automatic and not to worry. AOS under review. Call back after Tuesday, June 24.
Received a checklist for my father-in-law on Monday, June 16. NVC reviewed his AOS paperwork, but waiting for the documents the requested the week before.

Wife called NVC in the morning of Tuesday, June 17. Told by the agent they don't have the document requested for dad, and they don't have the AOS package for her mom.

Put in a request with our Senator to get more information. Response was mother-in-law is documentary complete and father-in-law was in document review for the military document.

Wife called NVC on the morning of Tuesday, July 1 and spoke with a supervisor regarding her dad's military document. Supervisor said she would look into it.

Supervisor called us and left a voicemail on the morning of Wednesday, July 9 and stated they have located my father-in-law's military documents. Case sent back to document review.

Per conversation with an agent, the expedited request originally requested by email on July 7, was sent to the Embassy on Thursday, July 10.

Received by postal mail on Thursday, August 21 from our Senator regarding the response of another inquiry. Still the same.

Early in the morning on Friday, August 22:

Wife calls the Embassy and was told the IV section doesn't accept calls, and was given a number in the states that turned out to be scheduling assistance for NIV interviews.

Called NVC as soon as they opened and was told the Embassy denied the expedite request, but the case was completed by NVC on Monday, August 18. Wife inquired about interview scheduling, and was given some good information.

At 5 PM on Thursday, September 11, received the interview letters. Interview is scheduled for the morning of October 9.

Mother-in-law approved. Father-in-law placed in Administrative Processing due to follow-up TB test.

CEAC stated ISSUED for my mother-in-law on October 15. DHL had the package for pick up on October 17 but called the wrong number. Package picked up on October 27.

On December 11 mother-in-law received a phone call from the Embassy that the medical is back for my father-in-law and to DHL his passport to them. Passport sent on December 12.

On December 18 CEAC updated to ISSUED for my father-in-law. My wife is happy!!!! Embassy said they gave it to DHL on December 19

Due to a DHL delay the package did not become available for pick up until December 24. USCIS Immigrant Fee paid the same day.

POE: JFK Terminal 1 - December 26, 2014 - They are finally here!!!

Took them to a local SSA office to get SSN on January 6, 2015. Cards received on January 10, 2015.

Green Cards received by priority mail on January 23, 2015 (four weeks after arrival).

Both went to motor vehicles and got state issued ID cards on April 11, 2015.

expedited granted nvc moved my case to embassy, medical done, interview done but found out lady staff who did pre reviewed my docs, she said no AoS, no cenomar no hkong police clearance lol, hubby called nvc n nvc said all forwarded to embassy;( stressful;(! all these we submitted to NVC before and now embassy asked me to submit them again, easy for the AoS cenomar but whT about my foreign police clearance dont they have the idea how long and how hard to gather requirements to get copy for them? this foreign police clearance i can get my own copy lol, when i asked for it before police directly sent to nvc and i got proof nvd had it accordingto the police gave me tracking no.date sent n received by nvc lol;(! now nvc n embassy had different version so where were those docs, and plus the letter for the expedited grabtes submitted to embassy to but they dont consider it as this case is for emergency reason,, my hubby is complaining of bloated stomach, with the request letter sent to nvc that nvc geantes we included my hubbys doctor and the surgeons' letter and i submitted agAin in embassy but still no consideration as what is ur reason,,

but the fact that no one wants to take responsible of my lost docs that were in their hand:(( and this killing us, the tewatment for my hubby has bn delayed and theres a risk if hes not treated as soon as possible, he was scheduled last december but he doesnt like to do without me in his side:(!

we called embassy no way for a customer service to decide what to do, all embassy said submit no other choice but timenis so precious to us,, my husband is sick;( how? mind to tell me an embassy officer whom to call directly what embassy u are anyway im from the Phil,, thanks

we called embassy no way for a customer service to decide what to do, all embassy said submit no other choice but timenis so precious to us,, my husband is sick;( how? mind to tell me an embassy officer whom to call directly what embassy u are anyway im from the Phil,, thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.