Sunshine1311

Can i be denied??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone. I got married in Jan 2014 and my hubby filed my CR1 petition in February 2014.

I have my interview due in the next month.

I had applied for a student visa in the year 2012 which i was refused.

Can i be interrogated/denied on the basis of that??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why were you denied? If people are denied due to having committed and been convicted of a major crime or trying to commit visa fraud in the previous application by providing false information, then you might get denied again since that conviction has not change. If you were denied due to a technical error in the application. it might be a different story and something that might not affect this application at all.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Timeline

Why were you denied? If people are denied due to having committed and been convicted of a major crime or trying to commit visa fraud in the previous application by providing false information, then you might get denied again since that conviction has not change. If you were denied due to a technical error in the application. it might be a different story and something that might not affect this application at all.

Not a serious issue like you stated. The reason they stated was that i dint show proper ties to my home country and i might not return after my study. That was a temporary denial.

Why were you refused a student visa?

They called it the 221g temporary denial. And said i could try again.

Timeline

You will most likely be asked about that visa request, but it shouldn't be a reason for a denial or your CR visa. Two separate issues. Good luck.

I was denied thrice lol. The first tym they said i dint have gmat scores. I appeared for gmat and appeared again. Now Rest of the two times they dint state a reason. Im an educated 24 yr old lady. No issues like being arrested or fraud. A genuine case.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If the reason for their denial was lack of ties with you home country that will not hinder your K-1 process. Don't worry. They may bring up your past attempts to get a student visa but the denials alone won't be an issue.

I was denied thrice lol. The first tym they said i dint have gmat scores. I appeared for gmat and appeared again. Now Rest of the two times they dint state a reason. Im an educated 24 yr old lady. No issues like being arrested or fraud. A genuine case.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Thank you for the guidance :)

VJ ppl are so damn helpful :)

If the reason for their denial was lack of ties with you home country that will not hinder your K-1 process. Don't worry. They may bring up your past attempts to get a student visa but the denials alone won't be an issue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.