1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Thank you very much sandran... I have learned so much from you in this group. U are indeed remarkable. And thank u mamaof3. For being so informative. ????

Thank you very much sandran... I have learned so much from you in this group. U are indeed remarkable. And thank u mamaof3. For being so informative. ????

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Survivor one You do not need to have a lawyer to file VAWA, it's up to you, most people here filed without hiring an attorney.

Is your husband American? if yes you do not need a visa number to become available, just spouses of Green card holders.

Do you have family or friends that witnessed the abuse you suffered? I need to know more details about the years of abuse in order to see if just your affidavit will be enough for your Vawa case. If you are coming to the meet up we can discuss your case a bit(in private)

Timeline

Survivor1 in your case you can ask USCIS to transfer the earlier visa priority date to the I-360 self-petition, even though the I130 was approved, withdrawn or revoked ok.Many Immigration Officers do not know about it then you should explain in the cover letter about transferring the earlier priority date ok,that being said you can file form I-485,I-765 etc, along with the I-360. If you need help to review your I-360 let me know.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you, sandranj! I wished i live closer because it is just tough. No family or friends around.

I got the transcripts! Hopefully it will be enough! I have some friends who can witness jealously, bad temper, controling!

Timeline

lafayettestrong ask your friends to give you an affidavit, it must state their names, address, date and place of birth, how and when they met you, when and how they met your husband, how many times they visited you and saw your husband there, describe in details what they saw or heard when they were in your house.If they are your friends before you got married then they can describe your courtship, what they know about it, about the wedding etc. If you need help to review the affidavits just let me know ok.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Today has marked 90 days that my I360, I485 and I765 has been received... I sure hope some changes soon. No RFE's and updated. Have done my fingerprints and gotten my Prima Facie... Anyone else?

Today has marked 90 days that my I360, I485 and I765 has been received... I sure hope some changes soon. No RFE's and updated. Have done my fingerprints and gotten my Prima Facie... Anyone else?

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Mamiof2

Just for your reference see my timeline below. I received my RFE about 90 days after all applications received. Its nerve racking but be patient. I received the RFE with no online status update so just check the mail. Good luck.

3/10/2015 - Package mailed with I-360, I-485, I-765
03/11/2010 - Package received & signed for by INS at VSC

3/16/2015- received NOA for all apps

4/2/2015 received Prima Facie

4/11/2015 received biometric appointment for 4/20/2015

4/20/2015 Biometrics completed

5/26/2015 resubmitted I-765 using eligibility code c-9 and sent notarized letter for address change

6/2/2015 online address changed completed for I-485 and I-765

6/16/2015 received I-360 RFE notification waiting for letter

6/19/2015 received RFE for Good faith marriage and proof for battery/cruelty

7/8/2015 Received notification for I-765 has been approved

7/15/2015- received EAD in the mail- than you Jesus

7/16/2015- applied for social security card- still waiting almost 4 weeks :(

I got my letter yesterday for my AOS interview. I'm so :idea: . The funny thing is last week they called to say they could not expedite my case as I was in the process of getting my Travel document/Work Permit, then a week later I get my interview letter.

The lady did say that my local office is not as busy as Orlando or Miami but couldn't say how long the process could take.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

I got my letter yesterday for my AOS interview. I'm so :idea: . The funny thing is last week they called to say they could not expedite my case as I was in the process of getting my Travel document/Work Permit, then a week later I get my interview letter.

The lady did say that my local office is not as busy as Orlando or Miami but couldn't say how long the process could take.

Lucky you))) I am still waiting for the interview letter. Can you please share your timeline. What is your local office and when is your interview

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Mamiof2

Just for your reference see my timeline below. I received my RFE about 90 days after all applications received. Its nerve racking but be patient. I received the RFE with no online status update so just check the mail. Good luck.

5/26/2015 resubmitted I-765 using eligibility code c-9 and sent notarized letter for address change

Thank you for your timeline! Hope soon I get some news!

Mami of 2 it's time to file an e request regarding your I-765.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

Sandranj I sure will, thanks!

*Forever&Always*​​

Hi Dodgertown.

I filled out the timeline stamp but not sure why it doesn't display like others. Anyways can't remember all the ins and outs but this is it basically.

Oct 6 received notification of receipt of I360

I think it was December I got RFE, had to submit police check from my country

April 16 Vawa approved

May Submitted I485, I765 and I131

May 4 NOA received for AOS

May 11 NOA sent

June 8 Biometrics

June 9 Case transferred to Lee MO

July 24 EAD and Travel Doc Approved

July 29 my daughter received her EAD card. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

July 31 Infopass tried to expedite I485

Aug 5 call from USCIS denied my expedition request

Aug 8 letter sent from USCIS for appt

Aug 31 Interview

Local office Jacksonville Fl

Hi Mamiof2

Hi Coolbeans, you started your journey around the same time as me. I have my interview at the end of the month. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.