PattyRR

questions about I-130 and Affidavit support

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm in the process to do the I-130 for my parents, I have some questions"

1- The documents need to be originals or can be copies?

2- I read in another post about DS-260, what is the difference?

3- the affidavit support need to be send at the same time as the 1-130?

4- I'm going to bring my parents because I'm citizen but they are going to live with my sister who is a resident, so I believe I have to put her address as the address they are going to live, but what about the affidavit? should i put her information also as financial support or mine? I'm not sure about this because also I don't work, only my husband, but as a familiy our income is higher than my sisters..is the income level a big factor in the approval process?

Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

read the guides, you'll find answers there

it is an i130 for each parent, parents are filed separately, so you will need copies of documents, the originals will be needed at the NVC stage with the DS260 and the i864 affidavit of support

the NVC or National Visa Center comes after the i130s are approved

it doesn't matter where they live, you are the petitioner, you are the primary sponsor, your husband can be your co sponsor

you will file an i864 for each parent, and your husband will file an i864A for each parent

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, my Brother who is a US Citizen has filed 1-130 form(without I 485) for my mother while she is in US on B1/B2 visa. Her return flight is on January 8, 2015. Can she extend her stay if I-130 gets approved? Do we need to do anything/inform anywhere that she is extending her stay because her I-130 got approved. We are planning to file I-485 alongwith the affidavit of support once I-130 gets approved but not sure if my mother can extend her stay or if she needs to come back to India if a) I-130 gets approved b) decision on I-130 is still pending. Any help would be greatly appreciated.TIA

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.