nursejennyc

Coming to America

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey VJ family my mom is coming to the state on the 26th. She is traveling from Haiti. She does not speak any English. JetBlue just sent me an email about a Gate pass. Any one of you's here ever heard of that? Getting a bit nervous about her arrival and not knowing what to do at the airport. Any ideas? Appreciate all your help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

You can write her in a paper useful questions in English she could use to ask help around!! She can always point the paper "where is baggage claim" "where is...."

First times I came visit my boyfriend to the states when we were dating years ago my English was very limited and he used to write directions and things like that for me to follow :) that would make me feel a bit better.

Is a gate pass the thing that allows you get inside the aiport without a ticket?? My husband would get those too when I was leaving to he would wait with me until I got in the airplane..

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Timeline

You can write her in a paper useful questions in English she could use to ask help around!! She can always point the paper "where is baggage claim" "where is...."

First times I came visit my boyfriend to the states when we were dating years ago my English was very limited and he used to write directions and things like that for me to follow :) that would make me feel a bit better.

Is a gate pass the thing that allows you get inside the aiport without a ticket?? My husband would get those too when I was leaving to he would wait with me until I got in the airplane..

Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply. I think that's a great idea about the useful needs in a piece of paper. I will write them tomorrow and email it to her. And yes I think that's what the gate pass is. Not sure if they allow it in JFK tho. The lady on the phone from JetBlue td me it's up to the airport. And JFK being in NY, I won't get my hopes up. Tanx again IRIScv

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

You are welcome.

My husband used it in Atlanta a few times and sometimes they would say it's only for army people other times they would let him.... I think it depends who is working that day. I hope you have luck, and wishing she has a good flight!

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.