Lukus

What happens after NOA 2?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ty FORGOTTENNOTES,

Will you happen to have a good number I can call NVC, because the one I have is always has a busy tone.

OUR JOURNEY

15th Day of September 2014 - Robert Brown excepted our case to help us

28th Day of October 2014 - Katie from Attorney Robert Brown LLC submitted i129f to USCIS

03rd Day of November 2014 - USCIS Received i129f packet

12th Day of November 2014 - Katie emailed me with the hard copy of the NOA 1

13th Day of November 2014 - We received hard copy of NOA 1 Notice Date read 05 November 2014

03rd Day of December 2014 - I spoke with Agent S53887 from USCIS Military Line and they submitted an additional Expedite request via their computer

06th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS Case Status requesting additional items for Expedite

08th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from NCSC, TSC stated request is under review

09th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS that expedite was approved, (NOA 2) and we shall receive information from NVC before the 9th of January 2014

16th Day of December 2014 - Received hard copy of NOA 2

18th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating our case was forward to the State Department for Visa Processing

07th Day of January 2015 - Called NVC and NVC stated the packet was sent to US Embassy on the 02nd of January 2015, and NVC gave me a MNL number and invoice number

13th Day of January 2015 - Received letter from U.S. Department of State. Stating the NVC received the approved I-129F. We will use for the HK Police Certificate

15th Day of January 2015 - Fiancee paid for the K-1 and two K-2 Visa Interviews, we are waiting to make appointment for the interview

10th Day of March 2015 - Had to have Psychologist Interview, (Psychologist was very rude)

18th Day of April 2015 - Kids and Fiance had Medical in Saint Luke's

11th Day of May 2015 - Everyone had the Interview in the US Embassy, (very difficult the Interviewer was very rude)

15th Day of May 2015 - Katie Russell from Robert Browns LLC sent out CRBA packet for our son

​18th Day of May 2015 - Consular's Office email us and told us we have an interview for our son's CRBA, US Passport in July 2015

19th Day of July 2015 - We got the Philippines Passport, (Fiance and the 2 Kids) with a USA Visa attached to the page and few envelopes that stated DO NOT OPEN!

23rd Day of July 2015 - Our Son received his USA Passport and CRBA Certificate

9th Day of August 2015 - Flights to America!!!!!!!!!

Ty FORGOTTENNOTES,

Will you happen to have a good number I can call NVC, because the one I have is always has a busy tone.

I had this problem- sometimes I had to redial up to 30 times before actually getting connected. You just need to be persistent. The best time to call is 7-8am EST or late evening.

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Friends

There is a mobile phone app that I use for redialing and it really helps.

In Google Play store search "Auto Redial" its the app with the red icon with phone in the middle.

I just run it and eventually it goes through after maybe 5-10 minutes. Beats hitting the redial button 100 times right?

I agree with Pheebs the best time for me is calling in the late evening. The operators are always friendly at NVC i find.

Hope it helps friends.

Edited by ForgottenNotes

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Timeline

Friends

There is a mobile phone app that I use for redialing and it really helps.

In Google Play store search "Auto Redial" its the app with the red icon with phone in the middle.

I just run it and eventually it goes through after maybe 5-10 minutes. Beats hitting the redial button 100 times right?

I agree with Pheebs the best time for me is calling in the late evening. The operators are always friendly at NVC i find.

Hope it helps friends.

I did speak with NVC today and they stated they did not have our packet at this time and to call back next week. Agent Ann was so very helpful and patient. I did get this in the mail is it a good sign?

NOA 2 i797C edited.pdf

OUR JOURNEY

28th Day of October 2014 - Katie from Attorney Robert Brown LLC submitted i129f to USCIS

13th Day of November 2014 - We received hard copy of NOA 1 Notice Date read 05 November 2014

03rd Day of December 2014 - I spoke with Agent S53887 from USCIS Military Line and they submitted an additional Expedite request via their computer

06th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS Case Status requesting additional items for Expedite

08th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from NCSC, TSC stated request is under review

09th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS that expedite was approved, (NOA 2) and we shall receive information from NVC before the 9th of January 2014

18th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating our case was forward to the State Department for Visa Processing

07th Day of January 2015 - Called NVC and NVC stated the packet was sent to US Embassy on the 02nd of January 2015, and NVC gave me a MNL number and invoice number

13th Day of January 2015 - Received letter from U.S. Department of State. Stating the NVC received the approved I-129F. We will use for the HK Police Certificate

15th Day of January 2015 - Fiancee paid for the K-1 and two K-2 Visa Interviews, we are waiting to make appointment for the interview

10th Day of March 2015 - Had to have Psychologist Interview, (Psychologist was very rude)

11th Day of May 2015 - Everyone had the Interview in the US Embassy, (very difficult the Interviewer was very rude)

15th Day of May 2015 - Katie Russell from Robert Browns LLC sent out CRBA packet for our son

​18th Day of May 2015 - Consular's Office email us and told us we have an interview for our son's CRBA, US Passport in July 2015

19th Day of July 2015 - We got the Philippines Passport, (Fiance and the 2 Kids) with a USA Visa attached to the page and few envelopes that stated DO NOT OPEN!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Today I called the NVC and they gave me a MNL number. Does any one know what to do next?

OUR JOURNEY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Today I called the NVC and they gave me a MNL number. Does any one know what to do next?

Hi Lukus,

Im still at the waiting stages but from a few websites I found and detailed reading throughout this forum this is what to expect now...

The NVC will assign a case number starting with the code for your designated embassy (in your case Manila) and they will send it to Immigrant Visa Unit at the US Embassy in Manila. Once this office has received your K visa case from the National Visa Center, the Immigrant Visa Unit (IV Unit) will send you a packet 4 instruction including a checklist of required documents. Once you have completed gathering and completing the information and forms required and we have received the corresponding copies from you, the IV Unit will schedule your final visa interview.

Not sure what all the packet 4 asks for but go to this website to get an idea of what basic documents you will need for sure...

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#5

hope this helps you out some.

Edited by bybbies

OUR LOVE HISTORY

10/02/12:It was love at first sight :wub:

10/14/12:I made the first move and we became an item :idea:

10/14/13:First year anniversary as a couple (L)

05/26/14:Engaged! :yes:

07/25/14:I returned to the states to start K-1 Visa process :cry:

10/14/14:2nd year anniversary as a couple :luv:

TIMELINE FOR OUR K1 -VISA

09/30/14:Sent the 1-129F package to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX

10/06/14:Received NOA1 via text and email :dance:

10/11/14:Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

05/01/15:Received NOA2 via text and email 9:01pm CDT :wow:

05/07/15:Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

05/27/15 Date NVC received case (I tracked my case on ceac website to approx. this date)

(I emailed them the day I noticed on ceac website my status was READY)

06/03/15:Received email from USEM with Packet 4 instructions. Immediately scheduled medical exam!

06/05/15:Date of Fiance's scheduled Medical Exams -- Passed with flying colors!

06/30/15:Date of Interview --APPROVED!!

07/11/15:Date received Passport with Visa at pickup location in hometown

07/16/15:Date of my travel to bring Fiance to USA

07/19/15:Fiance and I arrived in TX!!!

09/19/15:Date of wedding --

Timeline

Hi Lukus,

Im still at the waiting stages but from a few websites I found and detailed reading throughout this forum this is what to expect now...

The NVC will assign a case number starting with the code for your designated embassy (in your case Manila) and they will send it to Immigrant Visa Unit at the US Embassy in Manila. Once this office has received your K visa case from the National Visa Center, the Immigrant Visa Unit (IV Unit) will send you a packet 4 instruction including a checklist of required documents. Once you have completed gathering and completing the information and forms required and we have received the corresponding copies from you, the IV Unit will schedule your final visa interview.

Not sure what all the packet 4 asks for but go to this website to get an idea of what basic documents you will need for sure...

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#5

hope this helps you out some.

bybbies,

Thank you for the information, we did get the Case Number and we did call the NVC and the case was forwarded to the Embassy they stated. We are just awaiting for the Instruction Packet. We did call the number of the Embassy and the number is a call center that will make your appointment for the interview. But we are still awaiting the Police Certificate from Hong Kong PD because this is where my fiance worked last.

That's good to know that we will have to wait for the instruction packet. Do you know where will they send the packet, will it be to me in the USA or her in Philippines.

Thanks

OUR JOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.