LibCampFireClub

Cops shoot stabbing suspect inside prominent synagogue

60 posts in this topic

Hey G,

You might want to remind Exexpat to make his titles match his articles/videos. Someone might take offense to the blatant racist overtones. Since we don't want a double standard where folks start saying white killer uses gun to kill people. Either it's all ok or none of it is.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Ow lord. Are you going to post every crime committed by a black person now? Should we have a competition and start posting every crime a white person does to? I have a feeling we will be here all night.

Ow lord. Are you going to post every crime committed by a black person now? Should we have a competition and start posting every crime a white person does to? I have a feeling we will be here all night.

Don't you dare. You're better than that.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey G,

You might want to remind Exexpat to make his titles match his articles/videos. Someone might take offense to the blatant racist overtones. Since we don't want a double standard where folks start saying white killer uses gun to kill people. Either it's all ok or none of it is.

Exactly. I've been away for awhile. Now I remember why I left.

Filed: Other Timeline
Here's a story that provides more details about the black man who stabbed a man in the head in an NYC Synagogue:
Graphic Video Captures Police Standoff After Intruder Stabs Man in the Head at NYC Synagogue: ‘I Want to Kill the Jew!’

New York City police fatally shot a man they said stabbed an Israeli rabbinical student in the head inside a prominent Brooklyn synagogue during a late-night prayer session.
WABC-TV in New York reported that the 23-year-old victim was stabbed on the left side of the head by the suspect, identified as Calvin Peters, 49, just before 1:45 a.m. Tuesday morning. The Associated Press reported that the stabbing victim’s name was Levi Rosenblat.
Dramatic cellphone video of the incident first posted on an Israeli news site showed police trying to convince the suspect to drop his knife. One of the worshippers actually took on the role of negotiator, also pleading with the suspect to drop his knife and at the same time pleading with police not to shoot the intruder.
The video culminates with audio of a police officer shooting one bullet that killed the suspect. (Warning — graphic content):
The NYPD confirmed to WABC that an officer shot the man once in the torso.
During the standoff seen in the video, a police officer had his gun drawn while the suspect held his knife several feet away, asking those around him, “Want me to kill you?”
One of the religious Jewish worshippers urged the man to put down his knife and then told the police officer, “He wants to eat” and “no, no, no, don’t shoot.”
The police officer repeatedly said, “Put down the f***ing knife.”
The man eventually said, “I’m cool” and agreed to put down the knife, which he did.
The tense moment appeared to have been defused, and the officer even placed his gun back in the holster. But then man picked up his knife again.
The end of the standoff was filmed from behind a partition, but audio conveyed police repeatedly saying, “Put down the f***ing knife” followed by the sound of one gunshot.
Hours after the incident, the suspect’s motives were still unclear.
A spokesman for Chabad told Israel’s Army Radio that the attack was likely not connected to terrorism or anti-Semitism.
“There is a 98 percent chance that this wasn’t a hate incident or a nationalistically motivated incident,” Rabbi Moni Ender of Chabad in Israel told Army Radio, according to the Times of Israel.
He said that many “borderline homeless” people came to the synagogue to escape the cold.
The New York Post described the suspect as “a disturbed man” who according to police sources had asked for a Bible before stabbing the Israeli man.
But eyewitnesses speaking to the Associated Press and the New York Daily News suggested a possible anti-Semitic motive.
The Daily News quoted a witness who said he heard the attacker yelling as he entered the Jewish center, “I will kill the Jew! I want to kill the Jew!”
The AP reported that the attacker was heard saying repeatedly “Kill the Jews,” according to Chaim Landa, a spokesman for Chabad-Lubavitch.
Edited by ExExpat

Hey G,

but pointing out M browns and TM race, in every sentence ever published is not racist. Got it

Double Standard

but pointing out M browns and TM race, in every sentence ever published is not racist. Got it

Double Standard

With blacks committing over 70% of crimes and representing less than 20% of US population, the odds are that any crime committed in the US was committed by a black man. The race baiters have scared the hell out of the media to omit a perpetrator of crimes skin color. Bringing up this statistic is always met with some blacks attacking the one who states it and being called racist. It's looking more and more like those days are coming to an end.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Double Standard

Again, it's perfectly fine to bring race into the conversation when black folks are the victims. Do it when you're discussing criminals, and you're a racist bigot.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Double Standard

Since you asked, show me the thread where I use race in the title that ISN'T there. Go ahead I'll wait.

Double Standard

You mean how you do in your thread like this?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/526229-a-man-attacks-a-police-officer/

Unarmed Black man beats police officer Unconscious

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Since you asked, show me the thread where I use race in the title that ISN'T there. Go ahead I'll wait.

Virtually every topic you touch in this forum receives your personally prescribed measure of race baiting. It's your fun. It's your life. Don't worry. No one is going to steal your life joy. Just go right on ahead. Everyone knows your agenda dude.

You mean how you do in your thread like this?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/526229-a-man-attacks-a-police-officer/

Unarmed Black man beats police officer Unconscious

Don't hold your breathe.

organizing your own 'break the internet' event?

Look who's talking. :rolleyes: