flyingvee

Embassy requested I travel to Greece for interview, +phone records

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello all. I Live in Orlando and my fiance is in Athens Greece. We applied for the K-1 visa and the I-129F was approved and it moved to the interview stage at the embassy in Athens. They were quite not satisfied and requested more documents, (she was born in Albania but has had legal residence in Greece for the last 21 years). Thus they need more background checks on her, (police records from Albania also showing her name when she was briefly married 20 years ago), she just had th eone with he rmaiden name.

Bu they also requested that I appear in person and provide proof of our relationship. She had previously been in the US for 3 months 1 1/2 years ago and visited her this past March. we have some photos but we're not photo crazy. Who knew we'd fallin love and document our relationship growing? We do though have over 12,700 message son facebook and i have been calling her everyday 2-3 times a days for the past year and a half. (I do have unlimited international) Problem is the phoen compnay will not give me a copy of my phone records to show this. I can only get the last three months. They say I need a court subpeona. For that I need to hire a lawyer. I am at wits end because that is probably the most important piece of evidence I can show. I cant afford a lawyer. So what can i do. Anyone else ever experince this problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Are there any red flags that we should know about? Things like a large age difference, having known each other since childhood, or anything else that might make them suspicious that the relationship is not legitimate.

I have no idea if this is common at the Greek consulate or not, so you might post in the appropriate regional forum for more help.

Timeline

13 year age difference. I'm 52 she 39. And not to toot my own horn, but I do not look 52 at all. No flags other than the fact that she resides in Greece but was born in Albania

Timeline

13 year age difference. I'm 52 she 39. And not to toot my own horn, but I do not look 52 at all. No flags other than the fact that she resides in Greece but was born in Albania

Hi, I live in Greece and my american fiance and I have our case at the US embassy in Athens, Greece as well. living in Greece for so many years I know that for people from Albania it can be tricky to get official documents since there has been a lot of corruption in their country and documents used to be fake. as for proof of your relationship : couldn't you copy some of the FB chats ? not all but some that could proof your relationship...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.