DC-Jackal

HELP!!Possible NO SHOW or Couldnt Reschedule Interview Date

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, My interview (K1) is due on the 10th of December and with the typhoon here right now and flights cancellation, I tried rescheduling it on the 17th as there was an opening. I clicked on the 17th and it said "error, try again" so I clicked on it again. The confirmation page appeared and when I checked the date it is on the 9th. I am so right now. I might not make it to Manila for the interview on the 9th considering the flight cancellation, and I can not reschedule an interview anymore.

1. what happens if I can not make it on the interview date?

2. I tried sending feedback but it said that will reply on 1-2 business days and today is Saturday.

what will I do? I am really worried

DC-Jackal, on 06 Dec 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:DC-Jackal, on 06 Dec 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

Hi, My interview (K1) is due on the 10th of December and with the typhoon here right now and flights cancellation, I tried rescheduling it on the 17th as there was an opening. I clicked on the 17th and it said "error, try again" so I clicked on it again. The confirmation page appeared and when I checked the date it is on the 9th. I am so right now. I might not make it to Manila for the interview on the 9th considering the flight cancellation, and I can not reschedule an interview anymore.

2. I tried sending feedback but it said that will reply on 1-2 business days and today is Saturday.

Unfortunately it will be a few days or a week until you receive a reply. You may try calling the Embassy but with everyone else trying to do the same thing you are, you will run into a lot of challenges in resetting your appointment.

As to your rescheduling the appointment please read below what the instructions are:

Restrictions to Changing Appointments

Please be reminded that even though nonimmigrant visa fees are valid for one calendar year, options to schedule an appointment are limited. The U.S. Embassy in Manila schedules hundreds of thousands of nonimmigrant visa appointments each year and must accommodate requests both for new appointments and for those applicants who need to reschedule their appointments for whatever reason. Applicants are only allowed to reschedule twice (not including the initial appointment) without penalty. If the second rescheduling attempt is canceled, an applicant will only be allowed to reschedule a new date after a waiting period of 90 days. Please plan your visa application accordingly to avoid problems securing an interview appointment.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call the embassy, but expect very busy phone lines because of all that is going on.

Contact info in my link below, follow the flashing arrow

ATTENTION: U.S. embassies and consulates are currently experiencing technical difficulties that may result in delays in visa processing and receiving and sending communications. Additionally, applicants who have interviews for student and exchange visitor (F/M/J) visas scheduled for this week should bring proof of payment of the SEVIS fee. U.S. citizens may also experience delays in sending and receiving communications. U.S. citizens requiring emergency assistance should contact the Embassy at (02) 301-2000 and ask to speak with the American Citizen Services section. After regular business hours, U.S. citizens with an emergency call (02) 301-2000, press 0 and ask to speak with the Embassy Duty Officer

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

what if I don't make it on Tuesday? if I would be a no show? an I'm on my last reschedule already? it's still windy and rainy here. our house sustained miniml damage though. I m afraid we still got no flights till tomorrow

Timeline

typhoon might be in manila area too around Monday or tuesday, how do I know if the embassy is open or close on Tuesday? is their a site that we can check? and what's their process of rescheduling? thanks in advance

Timeline

You can watch the main page for the embassy.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/index.html

Currently it has this info:

ATTENTION: U.S. embassies and consulates are currently experiencing technical difficulties that may result in delays in visa processing and receiving and sending communications. Additionally, applicants who have interviews for student and exchange visitor (F/M/J) visas scheduled for this week should bring proof of payment of the SEVIS fee. U.S. citizens may also experience delays in sending and receiving communications. U.S. citizens requiring emergency assistance should contact the Embassy at (02) 301-2000 and ask to speak with the American Citizen Services section. After regular business hours, U.S. citizens with an emergency call (02) 301-2000, press 0 and ask to speak with the Embassy Duty Officer

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

thanks for your replies.... I think I cant make it anymore. flights are cancelled from tacloban as well as ports, too, in northern samar if I go by land. :( can I make an appeal to the embassy to cinder our situation here being hit by the typhoon?

*consider

DC-Jackal, on 07 Dec 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

thanks for your replies.... I think I cant make it anymore. flights are cancelled from tacloban as well as ports, too, in northern samar if I go by land. :( can I make an appeal to the embassy to cinder our situation here being hit by the typhoon?

*consider

From the last storm the Embassy accommodated all who were effected for the days that USEM was closed due to the Typhoon. They will do the same thing for this storm. Sit back and relax and worry about the "now" as you and your family need to be safe. There will be more information posted from the US Embassy and the Philippines Embassy websites and Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/manila.usembassy

http://manila.usembassy.gov/

To all that are effected by the storm with your interview dates, don't rush to the phone or email the Embassy enquiring about rescheduling your interview. They are going to be super busy when they open. Follow the different locations for information and they will update as soon as they institute the "game plan". You will have your interview and they will communicate what your steps to a new interview date will be. Most of all BE PATIENT.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

EMBASSY CLOSURE - DECEMBER 8, 2014 (MONDAY)

NOTICE TO NIV APPLICANTS SCHEDULED ON DECEMBER 8, 2014

Due to inclement weather conditions, the Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) Unit will not process visa applications on Monday, December 8, 2014.

Applicants scheduled on this date are advised to reschedule their appointments. Applicants may reschedule online through www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or by contacting the Embassy call center at (02) 976-8500, (02) 976-8501, and (02) 976-8502. The call center is open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., excluding U.S. and Philippine holidays.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

EMBASSY CLOSURE - DECEMBER 8, 2014 (MONDAY)

NOTICE TO NIV APPLICANTS SCHEDULED ON DECEMBER 8, 2014

Due to inclement weather conditions, the Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) Unit will not process visa applications on Monday, December 8, 2014.

Applicants scheduled on this date are advised to reschedule their appointments. Applicants may reschedule online through www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or by contacting the Embassy call center at (02) 976-8500, (02) 976-8501, and (02) 976-8502. The call center is open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., excluding U.S. and Philippine holidays.

Is K1 non immigrant?

I went to US embassy a while ago. I talked to the gurad and he said NO INTERVIEW FOR NON IMMIGRANT AND IMMIGRANT.

Im confused. :(

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

Timeline

Well here is the deal, the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa that is processed as an immigrant visa. Confused yet? Welcome to the club. For the most part in regards to processing at the embassy think of your process as an immigrant process.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Im already right now travelling to cebu via boat due to cancelled flights in tacloban airport till the 16th. Hopefully i can get a ticket to manila this midnight at the airport. Family's safe in Tacloban aside from minor damages again to the house. Havent got a decent rest yet since before the typhoon and upto now. Hopefully USEM would be close tomorrow also so I can rest. :)

Timeline

Finally made it here in Manila despite of the cancellations, waiting and rerouting. I'll just have a quick shower then off the the embassy. :)

Timeline

Finally made it here in Manila despite of the cancellations, waiting and rerouting. I'll just have a quick shower then off the the embassy. :)

We Liked the USEM Facebook page and received the update in Newsfeed.

https://www.facebook.com/manila.usembassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.