Lewis

Top Chef finale

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't watch much reality style tv, but I have watched this one. The finale is tonight. Gotta go with Ilan for the win.

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef_2/finale/index.php

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh, definitely Ilan over Marcel.

I would have liked to have seen Elia or Sam win it, but no such luck.

Thanks for the reminder! I usually forget on Wednesdays and have to catch up when they do the marathons.

Filed: Timeline

I'm voting for Marcel, hahaha. The only reason why is the clips that they've shown don't show him to be as annoying as he's being portrayed & I don't think it's fair that he's been picked on so much. Plus, Ilan irks me for some reason.

But tell me he is not the spitting image of that guy from ####### Eye...when he was a guest judge, I was almost certain summat would be said about the resemblance, but alas it was not...

or edited out, hah

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah, that Marcel guy can be quite a brat but he has maintained his focus throughout the show as the others fell by the wayside. He's taken a lot of risks with his dishes also. I actually won a bet with my wife last time in favor of Marcel. Still going with Ilan though. Should be good tonight!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm hoping Marcel will whip up one of his amazing foams! It would be so soigne!!! lol

Though I'm not a fan of either chef, I am going with Ilan, just because. I really wanted Sam to win it! I think the 2 finalists are a fix cos they hate each other so much that Bravo thinks it will make for more interesting TV.

I am so hooked on Top Chef!!! Can't wait for tonight!

Yeah the foam is OTT.

I wanted Sam to win it originally, but he got on my nerves too....I think it was the whole Marcel thing. There are many people who can irritate you in the real world, but that doesn't give you the right to yell at their face. I think the bandwagon jumping got too much...I mean even Elia? Bravo didn't show what happened with the burners, but I don't think it'd be that implausible to yell out 'anyone using this?' or something to that effect.

But I personally would hate having to be in an environment where you knew everyone loathed you & was petty about it. And yet, lookit how fake they are to his face...grow a set, say 'I don't like you' and leave it at that...but they all get caught up in the 'love to hate him' thing

or it's just awesome editing...which I'm sure it is, hahahaha

Edited by LisaD

Timeline
But I personally would hate having to be in an environment where you knew everyone loathed you. And yet, lookit how fake they are to his face...grow a set, say 'I don't like you' and leave it at that...but they all get caught up in the 'love to hate him' thing

I think a lot of them were pretty up front about their dislike. Betty? Frank? Ilan?

I can't really muster up any sympathy for Marcel. He didn't care who hated him. As he said himself, he wasn't there to make friends. Mission accomplished! :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Oh....Hell no !

I will NOT be watching it tonight. After last week-It's not worth my time. I am really disappointed in the way this show presented itself in one way, and has evolved into turned into a "true" reality show complete with cat-fights and RIDICULOUS personality conflicts.

It became apparent to me last week that this show is not really about cooking, competition, or food-it's about ratings. Colicchio and his "sell-out posse" should be ashamed to walk into a kitchen. Last week was the last time I will tune in, as the only "Top Chef" in the lot was sent packing. I don't feel either of the remaining "competitors" are worthy of such a title.

I am going to watch MythBuster re-runs with my son.

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

But I personally would hate having to be in an environment where you knew everyone loathed you. And yet, lookit how fake they are to his face...grow a set, say 'I don't like you' and leave it at that...but they all get caught up in the 'love to hate him' thing

I think a lot of them were pretty up front about their dislike. Betty? Frank? Ilan?

I can't really muster up any sympathy for Marcel. He didn't care who hated him. As he said himself, he wasn't there to make friends. Mission accomplished! :lol:

I really meant when Ilan was sitting next to him on the plane. Yanno?

And Frank...I can't remember that whole situation, but having a grown old fat man standing in Marcel's face talking smack is just embarrassing. I cringed for Frank...what a t!t

Obviously Marcel had to do something to get under people's skin....but they're all adults...why snipe and yell and whatever? Just ignore him. I come into daily contact with people who omG I would LOVE to tell off. But it serves no purpose, so I just ignore it.

I guess I just don't understand everyone acting so childish when the competition is what the real focus should be. And bravo to Marcel for keeping his composure. When he's been yelled at and threatened and held down to have his head forcibly shaved...yet what's it's about for him? Cooking :)

GO MARCEL!!!

Timeline

While you do make some excellent points Lisa, I still don't want Marcel to win. But then, I really don't want Ilan to win either....sigh....I'll watch just the same. Regardless of the reality sellout, I am hooked!

While you do make some excellent points Lisa, I still don't want Marcel to win. But then, I really don't want Ilan to win either....sigh....I'll watch just the same. Regardless of the reality sellout, I am hooked!

Aww come on J, come over to the dark side :devil:

Here: I'll give ya this to ponder....if M was not a skinny younger guy and was in fact built like Sam...ya think big fat Frank would have had his ridiculous tantrum?

Come on, throw your support behind the underdog! :lol:

Timeline

Aww come on J, come over to the dark side :devil:

Here: I'll give ya this to ponder....if M was not a skinny younger guy and was in fact built like Sam...ya think big fat Frank would have had his ridiculous tantrum?

Come on, throw your support behind the underdog! :lol:

Lisa.....the peer pressure is killing me...I find myself inching towards the dark side :devil: Marcel really might be too soigne for a simple gal like me...I'll keep pondering the pros & cons!

Remember big fat Frank's ridiculous mush forest fantasy???? lol

I still miss Mikey, though...I thought he was gonna be the dark horse!

Yup I'm with you Lisa it's Marcel for me too - I have never ever found him to be as annoying as everyone else seems to think he is ..... he's there to work and win it's not a popularity competition and trying to shave his head was soooo OTT. My sisters first husband was a head chef and they are monsters in the kitchen, most of this crew wouldn't survive (can u imagine Gordon Ramsey with Michael in his kitchen ewwwwwww fun). I wanted Elia to win, no idea how Ilan has made it to the final (he played it so safe cooking what he knew last week with little Hawain style).

My only shame is that i got hooked on this after Project Runway ended pleeeeeeeeease someone turn off my TV before I can watch the design one they keep previewing :whistle:

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Timeline

I think it's the fact that Marcel is devoid of any modesty whatsoever that got to me the most. From the first episode he was so high on himself, and obviously without reason. I can't even remember how many episodes it took for him to win a challenge.

Julez, your transformation is almost complete. muahahahhaahha!!!!

I liked Mike too, btw...I thought he'd be in final 4.

Yup I'm with you Lisa it's Marcel for me too - I have never ever found him to be as annoying as everyone else seems to think he is ..... he's there to work and win it's not a popularity competition and trying to shave his head was soooo OTT. My sisters first husband was a head chef and they are monsters in the kitchen, most of this crew wouldn't survive (can u imagine Gordon Ramsey with Michael in his kitchen ewwwwwww fun). I wanted Elia to win, no idea how Ilan has made it to the final (he played it so safe cooking what he knew last week with little Hawain style).

My only shame is that i got hooked on this after Project Runway ended pleeeeeeeeease someone turn off my TV before I can watch the design one they keep previewing :whistle:

come on Widgie, you're watchin the design one....we can talk about it every Thursday...you know you wanna!

I think it's the fact that Marcel is devoid of any modesty whatsoever that got to me the most. From the first episode he was so high on himself, and obviously without reason. I can't even remember how many episodes it took for him to win a challenge.

Shouldn't someone in a competition have high opinions of his/her talents? Regardless of who wins each week, to think you are/can be the best...how is that a bad thing?