NAM3

Don't have written REF document in the mail !!!

26 posts in this topic

We're in the exact same boat...

"On January 24, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case."

Over one week later and there's still no sign of it. :(

Well, in a way this is comforting because I was thinking it was a problem with our address. We live in a building where the mail is very unreliable, but, maybe it is some dumb thing on their end...where they send the email before it is acutally sent???

I'll let you know what happens at infopass.....

martinez,

At the infopass interview they might indeed tell you to wait 30 days for the letter to arrive but they might also tell you what the RFE is actually for, you never know. Then you can get on the case before the letter comes. That's the frustrating thing, not knowing or being able to find out what the RFE is actually for until you get it in the mail. Fortunately we have an inkling on what our RFE may be for.

Edited by Science

martinez,

At the infopass interview they might indeed tell you to wait 30 days for the letter to arrive but they might also tell you what the RFE is actually for, you never know. Then you can get on the case before the letter comes. That's the frustrating thing, not knowing or being able to find out what the RFE is actually for until you get it in the mail. Fortunately we have an inkling on what our RFE may be for.

Yes, I figured it was worth the trip, even if they do tell us to wait. I want to be pro-active. Also, I am driving myself crazy wondering what it is..... I wish they would just email a copy of the letter that they say they sent. :wacko:

Our RFE notice arrived this afternoon and it was for what we expected. I looked at the envelope and it was postmarked January 25th. I hope you get yours soon or that the immigration officer at your infopass appointment lets you know.

Edited by Science

Our RFE notice arrived this afternoon and it was for what we expected. I looked at the envelope and it was postmarked January 25th. I hope you get yours soon or that the immigration officer at your infopass appointment lets you know.

Wow, I know that is a relief for you! Well, our email said that it was sent on Jan. 20, but, the odd thing is, that was a Saturday. I didn't think anyone would be working Saturday. Also, I saw online that our case was touched on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and I would have thought for sure no one from government would be working that day....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow, I know that is a relief for you! Well, our email said that it was sent on Jan. 20, but, the odd thing is, that was a Saturday. I didn't think anyone would be working Saturday. Also, I saw online that our case was touched on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and I would have thought for sure no one from government would be working that day....

Hi Science,

Thats good news for you. I have exactly the same email, "on 24th of Jan" etc.... up until now I haven't received the RFE in the mail!!! 'Science' which service center you are in?

'martinez30'

I would still recommend that you go ahead with your infopass. I belive that the local service center can help find out what your RFE is about. Good Luck!

love.

Send the application on 3/13/2010

Arrived on 3/15/2010

Cash Withdrawal 3/15/2010

USCIS Received the App undate on the UCIS portal 3/15/2010

NOA (I-797C) received 3/29/2010

Bio Metrics apprionmetn letter received 4/6/2010

Bio Metrics done 4/26/2010

Interview letter received 5/6/2010

Interview appt 6/10/2010

Oath ceremony appoinment letterreceived 7/13/2010

Oath 8/10/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

they said the sent RFE on 01/30/2007. hopefully i received them quick. i double check my package i mail my in. i shouldn't have any problems. My case by the way is in Missouri Service Center ,

I-129F Sent : 4/23/2006

I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 05/04/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 06/23/2006

Approved 7/26/2006

VISA APPROVED FINALLY 10/16/2006

Married on Dec 19th 2006......

AOS-starts Jan 18th 2007

NOA1 received on 01/24/2007

Fingerprint schedule 02/09/2007

RFE sent to me 01/30/2007

RFE received 02/12/2007, Case resumes

AOS interview scheduled 04/25/2007 and APPROVED

Welcome notice mailed 04/26/2007

Welcome Notice received 04/30/2007

Card production ordered 04/30/2007

Card received 05/06/07

Removing Condition

I-751 mailed 1/26/2009

Check cashed 1/29/2009

I-751 NOA1 (Receipt) : 02/02/2009

Fingerprint letter received on 02/04/2009

Fingerprint schedule 02/13/2009 (Completed in 20 minutes)

NOA touched 2/13, 2/16 , 2/17

RFE issued 03/28/2009

RFE received 04/01/2009

RFE sent 04/04/2009

I-751 Approved ( decison made ) 04/24/2009

Appproval letter received 04/30/2009

Card production ordered 06/16/2009

10 Year Green Card received 07/02/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Science,

Thats good news for you. I have exactly the same email, "on 24th of Jan" etc.... up until now I haven't received the RFE in the mail!!! 'Science' which service center you are in?

'martinez30'

I would still recommend that you go ahead with your infopass. I belive that the local service center can help find out what your RFE is about. Good Luck!

love.

Hi,

I got the RFE in the mail today(03-Feb-07). The RFE dated on 01-24-2007, it took such a long time !!!!!

I think they need more supporting documents for I-864.

'martinez30' let me know your status.

love.

Send the application on 3/13/2010

Arrived on 3/15/2010

Cash Withdrawal 3/15/2010

USCIS Received the App undate on the UCIS portal 3/15/2010

NOA (I-797C) received 3/29/2010

Bio Metrics apprionmetn letter received 4/6/2010

Bio Metrics done 4/26/2010

Interview letter received 5/6/2010

Interview appt 6/10/2010

Oath ceremony appoinment letterreceived 7/13/2010

Oath 8/10/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I got the RFE in the mail today(03-Feb-07). The RFE dated on 01-24-2007, it took such a long time !!!!!

The date the RFE email is sent to you is usually the date they figure out they need something. Then they still need to order a printout of your actual RFE, get it to the mailroom, get it to postage and get it in the mailbox. It seems it takes about 7-10 days for that to happen, and then you have to allow for actual US postal service delivery time. (I had an RFE email dated June 23 that arrived on July 9).

Good idea to count on about 14 days from receipt of the email to the physical RFE receipt date. If it takes longer, call the service center to have it resent.

Hi Science,

'martinez30'

love.

Hi,

I think they need more supporting documents for I-864.

'martinez30' let me know your status.

love.

:thumbs: Glad to hear you got your RFE. Ours still hasn't arrived and we have our infopass appointment tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow will be 14 days. Watch us go to the appointment, get back home and find it in the mail. Either way, I can't just sit back and wait. I want to be proactive. I'll let you know what happens..

The date the RFE email is sent to you is usually the date they figure out they need something. Then they still need to order a printout of your actual RFE, get it to the mailroom, get it to postage and get it in the mailbox. It seems it takes about 7-10 days for that to happen, and then you have to allow for actual US postal service delivery time. (I had an RFE email dated June 23 that arrived on July 9).

Good idea to count on about 14 days from receipt of the email to the physical RFE receipt date. If it takes longer, call the service center to have it resent.

That does give some insight and makes me feel better, but, I figure since we already made our infopass appointment, we will take a chance and go. Tomorrow will be exactly 14 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.