cloud9gt

Question about the affidavit of support, pls help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ!!! Hope some of you can help us here....

I have ran into a problem....

Im trying to get my i-134 complete for my fiance to set an appointment for his interview in Manila embassy but I can't complete it due to the fact that I have no tax records from the IRS due to the fact that I was living in the Philippines from 2005-2014. I arrived in California last April and got a job last July. The thing is, is that I havent been here long enough to have taxes filed. Do we have to find a co-sponsor or is there a way around it? Although I do make good money and its way over the poverty line.

Thanks and hope to get an answer soon.

I-129F Sent : 2014-08-19

I-129F NOA1: 2014-08-26 Never received the hard copy...

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy: 2014-11-01

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

Im trying to get my i-134 complete for my fiance to set an appointment for his interview in Manila embassy but I can't complete it due to the fact that I have no tax records from the IRS due to the fact that I was living in the Philippines from 2005-2014. I arrived in California last April and got a job last July. The thing is, is that I havent been here long enough to have taxes filed. Do we have to find a co-sponsor or is there a way around it? Although I do make good money and its way over the poverty line.

What matters is your current income. If your current income is above the 125% of the poverty guidelines (2014) then you do NOT need a co-sponsor. Make sure you include other evidence too: last 6-12 paychecks/paystubs, employment letter, bank statement, etc. and proof that you worked and lived in the Philippines.

Timeline

so I dont really need any records from the IRS about me paying taxes recently?

Thanks for the quick response

not recently but for the past 3 years?

I-129F NOA2: 2014-10-27 As of USCIS website status... 2014-10-28 As of Hard Copy in the mail...

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

so I dont really need any records from the IRS about me paying taxes recently?

Thanks for the quick response

not recently but for the past 3 years?

As supporting evidence for the Form I-134 you only need to show past year's W2 & Form 1040 OR IRS tax Return Transcript, not past 3 years.

Showing the past 3 years tax papers would be needed only if you filed for spousal visa (CR-1).

Timeline

Thanks for the help KCcouple!!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to have verifiable income showing you meet the 125% requirement of the I-864P to get the K-1 visa approved. Using a co-sponsor with the K-1 is difficult at best. Too bad you didn't get married while living in the Phils, no issue with a co-sponsor with the IR/CR-1.

Best option is to wait on the interview until you have filed your tax return for 2014 (end of January at the earliest), even if it is for only half a year. Then. You for sure will need an employment letter stating gross yearly income, plus it would be good to include copies of pay stubs.

Embassy instructions letter only asks for your most recent tax return & W2, not 3 years.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.