dmahr

Want to see if anyone is going throught the same steps as me

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm in the military stationed in Osan, South Korea. My wife is 100% Japanese and lives and works in Germany. Since she lives and works in Germany, has a resident card for Germany but not for Japan anymore(since she does not live there anymore). We do not have any children as of right now, we got and filled out all the paperwork and plan on sending in our I-130/G-1145 and G-325(for me and her) along with our timeline for how we met and what we have been doing (visiting me in korea, traveling around europe and so on), copies of passports, letters that we sent to each other, our passport pictures that we have made, a check for the filing fee of $420, my birth certificate, marriage certificate. Ok, now my question. After we send all of this information in, how long does the process take for us to hear back from USCIS? Does it normally take longer if we have children or not? Since i'm in the military will they expedite the process or not especially when I will be PCSing from here in about 6 months to my new base? Or do they even care that I'll be PCSing and still take their time? My coworkers been going through this process for about two years but his situations different, he and his wife have two children but her two children were from her ex husband and of course different last name....and information would be helpful!!!

hey

well you can talked to the military helpline. I'm pretty sure they'll help you . As of the expedite process, I think just a coming up deployment counts as a reason. But since you're overseas, I'm not sure how that works you could do Dcf maybe but since you both reside in different countries so I don't really know cause usually DCF is really quick. You better talk to the military helpline they're familiar with that. Here is the forum it might help too http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/152-military-immigration-related-discussion/

Good luck on your journey

Edited by Nadeshda

I'm in the military stationed in Osan, South Korea. My wife is 100% Japanese and lives and works in Germany. Since she lives and works in Germany, has a resident card for Germany but not for Japan anymore(since she does not live there anymore). We do not have any children as of right now, we got and filled out all the paperwork and plan on sending in our I-130/G-1145 and G-325(for me and her) along with our timeline for how we met and what we have been doing (visiting me in korea, traveling around europe and so on), copies of passports, letters that we sent to each other, our passport pictures that we have made, a check for the filing fee of $420, my birth certificate, marriage certificate. Ok, now my question. After we send all of this information in, how long does the process take for us to hear back from USCIS? Does it normally take longer if we have children or not? Since i'm in the military will they expedite the process or not especially when I will be PCSing from here in about 6 months to my new base? Or do they even care that I'll be PCSing and still take their time? My coworkers been going through this process for about two years but his situations different, he and his wife have two children but her two children were from her ex husband and of course different last name....and information would be helpful!!!

Her current legal residence is what matters on where she will be having her eventual interview, not her ethnicity unless she was originally from a high fraud country (which she's not.)

Make sure you are only sending photocopies to the USCIS, do not send them any originals except forms. (Including marriage certficate.. it's hard to get originals back from the USCIS and they only require copies.)

You should hear from the USCIS within 2 months of sending the I-130. Keep an eye on when the check is cashed. The procedure should not take longer with children, the likely issue with your co-worker is parental consent to move.

The only benefit right now for you as active military is you only have to make 100% of the poverty guidelines vs 125%. Unless you're getting deployed, that's about as good as it gets.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Thank you Canada!!

Lol. Canada is where I'm from. My user name is NLR. ;)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.