botlike

My fiancee got blue slip

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

a blue slip, note about AP, with no other reason or request for other documents?

if no request for other documents, you two just simply wait it out.

did she scan and email the blue slip to you? are you certain nothing more is 'ticked' on the boxes ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

a blue slip, note about AP, with no other reason or request for other documents?

if no request for other documents, you two just simply wait it out.

did she scan and email the blue slip to you? are you certain nothing more is 'ticked' on the boxes ?

right, neither any reason nor request for other documents, I carefully double checked up the copy my fiancee sent to me. we both were called later on, asked for a lot of details about our relationship.

Timeline

phone call weird, but ok.

I say make an email pattern on Thursdays - when the IV Unit is open, circa 09:00 AM Guangzhou time - EMAIL THEM.

Do that until you get some meaningful response back.

I'll step in later with some example wording for you...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

They just sent a email to my fiancee and cc to me. does this mean they have approved her visa? how long it will take then to get here passport visaed?

Immigrant Visa Unit, U. S. Consulate General, Guangzhou
美国驻广州总领事馆移民部

Our authorized partner, CGI Stanley, provides a number of services to visa applicants. If you haven’t already done so, please follow the instructions at http://ustraveldocs.com 移民签证信息页面上需进一步处理的申请

• For All Applicants: Please submit a passport (with at least 8 months validity) and two new visa photos taken within the past 6 months.
全部申请人:请提交护照(必须有至少8个月的有效期)和两张新的签证照片(最近6个月内拍摄)。

• Police Report(s) will expire on/无犯罪记录公证书将于此日过期:2015-10-19
If you cannot submit the requested documents one month before your Police Certificate expires, please renew and submit a new Police Certificate.
如果你不能在无犯罪记录公证书过期前一个月提交所有材料到领事馆,请提交新的无犯罪记录公证书。

• Medical Report(s) will expire on/体检报告将于此日过期:2015-05-09
If you cannot submit the requested documents one month before your Medical Report expires, please return to the panel physician with your passport for a new medical exam and Medical Report. Please do not submit the chest X-ray. Please note that we will not issue a visa with validity longer than the validity of your Medical Report. You must enter the U.S. before your Medical Report expires.
如果你不能在体检报告过期前一个月提交所有材料到领事馆,请携带护照到指定的体检医院重新体检并提交新的体检报告。请不要提交X光片。请注意,签证有效期必须被限定在体检报告过期日之前。在此情况下,你务必在签证到期前(即体检报告过期前)入境美国。

Please do not reply to this email. If you have any questions, please contact us at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html
请勿直接回复此电邮。如果你有任何关于移民申请的问题, 请通过此网站与我们联系:http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

WARNING: IF YOU FAIL TO TAKE THE ACTION REQUESTED WITHIN ONE YEAR FOLLOWING VISA DENIAL UNDER SECTION 221(g) OF THE IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT, SECTION 203(g) OF THE ACT REQUIRES THAT YOUR APPLICATION BE TERMINATED. IN ADDITION, APPLICANTS WHO WAIT MORE THAN A YEAR TO PURSUE THEIR CASE AFTER A 221(G) REFUSAL MUST REPAY THE IV APPLICATION FEE BEFORE PROCESSING OF THE APPLICATION MAY RESUME.
警告:如果你是根据移民国籍法221(g)项被拒签,在拒签之日起一年之内没有按要求办理,根据203(g)项,你的移民申请将会被终止。另外,在被拒签超过一年后才打算继续办理申请的签证申请人,必须重新缴纳移民申请费。

Sincerely, /此致
American Consular Officer/美国领事

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Timeline

huh. ok - lets dissect this a bit. please answer:

1. GUZ IV keep passport? yes or no.

2. police report handed over already?

3. medical exam handed over already?

4. 2 passport photos handed over already? yes? no?

5. turn in a document delivery coversheet on interview day? yes? no ?

6. CEAC status shows what, with what date / time stamp?

Edited by Darnell

huh. ok - lets dissect this a bit. please answer:

1. GUZ IV keep passport? yes or no.

2. police report handed over already?

3. medical exam handed over already?

4. 2 passport photos handed over already? yes? no?

5. turn in a document delivery coversheet on interview day? yes? no ?

6. CEAC status shows what, with what date / time stamp?

1.No

2.yes

3.yes

4.No

5.No

Case Creation Date: 07-Oct-2014 Status Updated Date: 01-Dec-2014

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed or available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing.In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

Timeline

ok - so the email is more movement - it smells like the IV Unit is ready to issue the visa but needs other stuff to be 'documentarily qualified' and/or 'documentarily complete'.

I say, via that delivery document coversheet (CITIC TO GUZ IV, see 'Application Pending Further Action' section on ustraveldocs.com/cn ) send out:

1. passport

2. 2 visa photos referenced

3. document delivery coversheet (GUZ IV to CITIC)

and I think that'll do it ! usually, if the Vice-Consul, on interview day, thinks a long AP, they return the passport.

Smells like she's almost there, submit that stuff this week and see what happens...

ok - so the email is more movement - it smells like the IV Unit is ready to issue the visa but needs other stuff to be 'documentarily qualified' and/or 'documentarily complete'.

I say, via that delivery document coversheet (CITIC TO GUZ IV, see 'Application Pending Further Action' section on ustraveldocs.com/cn ) send out:

1. passport

2. 2 visa photos referenced

3. document delivery coversheet (GUZ IV to CITIC)

and I think that'll do it ! usually, if the Vice-Consul, on interview day, thinks a long AP, they return the passport.

Smells like she's almost there, submit that stuff this week and see what happens...

yes, that's exactly what my fiancee did, now we are waiting with fingers crossed......

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds promising, good luck. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

back in CEAC? or ustraveldocs ?

doesn't matter - a K-1 is a K-1 - technically a non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent.

Timeline

that's cool - the date is moving - why cool ? each time it changes, it implies that a human touched the casefile.

I'll guess, and say that on 11 DEC - the stuff sent in was added to the casefile.

But that's just a guess.

try to keep a log of this stuff, aye?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.