TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

hello all my sweet friend of VJ ..

im in AP 13 months ... nothing hear from embassy ... thinking about i should apply for married visa///

what your suggestions friend?? feel hopeless ... and around 2 months ago status was updated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello all my sweet friend of VJ ..

im in AP 13 months ... nothing hear from embassy ... thinking about i should apply for married visa///

what your suggestions friend?? feel hopeless ... and around 2 months ago status was updated

In my opinion it would be a big mistake to get married now without waiting to see what happens with your K-1. You would have to get married and file a new petition the I-130 with proof of the marriage then wait 5 or 6 months for that petition to be approved. After that you send more documents to NVC and that is another wait for them to process your case and send it to the embassy. There is another long wait until you get an interview date and then the embassy can put your case right back in AP for years if they want. I know it is very hard to wait but getting married is not the answer to your problems.

Timeline

Is it normal NOT to get a response to an email to the embassy?

Very normal

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Timeline

Thanks for the response. Your timeline...it's awful. :-/

Did they keep the passport that whole time? What happened at the interview?

They kept the passport the whole time but we did ask for it back a few months before visa was issued because my husband was sick of it all.

The interview, they kept accusing my husband of providing fake documents. They didnt beleive he was legally divorced And wanted more proof of that. But he awnsered all the questions about me and our relationship. They just wanted to give us a hard time, there was no issue with our case.

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam everyone, while this forum is very supportive and beneficial this topic is so scary. I just went back about 10 pages to read through everyone's experiences and I am shaken up by the amount of time some of you had to wait. This is ridiculous a husband and wife should not have to wait this long to be together. I pray to Allah that everyone gets united with their loved ones. Please hang in there Allah is great and mercy will come.

I wanted to give a little back story, me and my husband have been married for 5 years now Alhamdulilah :D. We have two kids together ( a daughter and a newborn). My husbands interview was today at the Islamabad embassy at 7am. He literally took a bundle of evidence with him with updated financial information. The CO did not ask him for anything. His interview was less than a minute. He was asked two questions 1. how do we know each other prior to getting married (my husband replied we were neighbors before I moved to the US) 2. Have you or your wife ever been married before (he replied no). Then the CO asked to see our wedding pictures, he flipped through them really fast and said we still need to work on your case you'll hear back from American Express in a month to receive your passport. So his passport WAS kept and he DID NOT receive any white slip that most people are mentioning.

Now I am nervoussssss wreck because I'm reading that they just say that to apparently get you off of their back and can put you in AP review. I did email the embassy this morning because the CO did not tell my husband anything like you are approved nor did he give him any type of white slip. This is the response I got back from them.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Administrative processing is mandatory for all sorts of visas to the United States. There are no waivers available. We understand that this wait can be frustrating for our applicants. Please rest assured we are making our best effort to finish this processing as soon as possible. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Sincerely,
Correspondence & Support Unit,
Visa Section,
US Embassy, Islamabad.
SN"

I am praying we do not get stuck into AP review for a long time. It's already been too long. The F2A category was already a snail ride to the interview. Lets bring our spouses home INSHALLAH. :D

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

PAhopefulDNP, I will also be applying under F2A. Do you mind sharing your timeline? ie when did you apply for i130, when did i130 get approved etc.

Hey visaseeker2016, I think it depends on which visa center is processing your case. Vermont the black hole was processing ours. Our priority date was March 4th 2014 and we got approved April 6th 2015. It took a year and one month to get approved. After our I-130 was approved the case was transferred to the NVC pretty fast. The only thing that held us back was waiting for our priority date to be current and finding a co-sponsor. But NVC to the interview stage was smooth. The interview was Alhamdulilah fine too just got stuck in AP review though. :(

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i was interviewed for immigration visa (I-730 Petition) on 1st June and the overall process was very smooth.

the interview with the CO was quite good and he told me "Everything looks good, i am approving this but we need 2 more months to issue you the Visa. if you don't get your passport in July you can contact the embassy".

its been almost 2 months now from June 1st and the CEAC status is Administrative Processing.

has anyone been in the same situation? can i expect my passport on time as informed by the Officer?

please kindly enlighten me :)

hoping for the best :)

Timeline

i was interviewed for immigration visa (I-730 Petition) on 1st June and the overall process was very smooth.

the interview with the CO was quite good and he told me "Everything looks good, i am approving this but we need 2 more months to issue you the Visa. if you don't get your passport in July you can contact the embassy".

its been almost 2 months now from June 1st and the CEAC status is Administrative Processing.

has anyone been in the same situation? can i expect my passport on time as informed by the Officer?

please kindly enlighten me :)

hoping for the best :)

Hi, my husband's interview was June 9. They didn't say approved (they gave him a white 221g form), but they did say to follow up if we don't hear anything by the end of July. You weren't given a form, were you?

Timeline

Hi, my husband's interview was June 9. They didn't say approved (they gave him a white 221g form), but they did say to follow up if we don't hear anything by the end of July. You weren't given a form, were you?

@ JWA2016 - no i wasnt given any slips or any forms.

the CO just told me he is approving the Case but they need 2 more months to issue me the visa.

he also said you will get your visa in July, if you dont get it. you can contact the embassy.

Timeline

@ JWA2016 - no i wasnt given any slips or any forms.

the CO just told me he is approving the Case but they need 2 more months to issue me the visa.

he also said you will get your visa in July, if you dont get it. you can contact the embassy.

Hmm..sounds like you are in better shape than we are! Please keep us posted if you hear something.

Timeline

Hmm..sounds like you are in better shape than we are! Please keep us posted if you hear something.

sure. i will let you know if i hear something.

people here have been waiting and suffering from years.

lets hope for the best and keep praying.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.