6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi..

I applied AOS for two weeks ago (K1 to permanent status).. i fill up form i-765 along with i-485 and necessary documents. ..then after a 1 week i received letter from USCIS which has mention that your case has been aproved...So my question is how much take time which they can send me my EAD (work permit authrouzation) because i dont have a job and i face to much problems..so any one can tell me which is better way to remind USCIS they can send me my EAD FAST.....thanks..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Progress to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS case status, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

IF you really have been approved your EAD within only two weeks I would first count yourself extremely lucky that it didn't take the usual 3 months.

And then I would suggest being patient. They won't send it any fast now if you ask them.

Be happy and wait.

Also please fill in your timeline it helps everyone use the forum.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Hi..

I applied AOS for two weeks ago (K1 to permanent status).. i fill up form i-765 along with i-485 and necessary documents. ..then after a 1 week i received letter from USCIS which has mention that your case has been aproved...So my question is how much take time which they can send me my EAD (work permit authrouzation) because i dont have a job and i face to much problems..so any one can tell me which is better way to remind USCIS they can send me my EAD FAST.....thanks..

Are you sure you didn't just receive the NOA1? Under "notice type" does it say "receipt"? If so, this is just USCIS confirming that they have received your application. There should be a receipt number listed. You can enter this here to check your case status.

The processing time for the I-765 is roughly 60-90 days, and for the I-485 it can be anything from a few months to over a year, depending on whether or not you need an interview and what your local field office is.

You should also receive a letter from USCIS in the next couple of weeks with instructions to go to a service center and get your fingerprints taken. If you haven't done this, there's no way anything has been approved.

2013 7/15 I-129F sent, 7/18 received Dallas lockbox, 7/22 NOA1, 10/22 NOA2, 11/15 NVC Case Created, 11/20 NVC Shipped, 11/25 Consulate received, 11/28 Packet 3 received/returned, 11/29 Medical, 12/9 Packet 4 received

2014 1/9 Interview - Approved, 1/15 CEAC - Issued, 1/17 Visa in hand, 2/5 POE: LAX, 4/4 Married!, 4/8 AOS/EAD/AP filed, 4/14 NOA1, 5/7 Walk-in biometrics, 5/19 EAD/AP approved (expedited), 5/22 EAD/AP mailed, 5/23 EAD/AP received, 7/29 Interview waiver letter

2015 4/13 AOS approved (no interview), 4/22 Green card received

2017 1/17 I-751 ROC filed (VSC), 1/23 NOA, 2/28 Biometrics

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

Timeline

Are you sure you didn't just receive the NOA1? Under "notice type" does it say "receipt"? If so, this is just USCIS confirming that they have received your application. There should be a receipt number listed. You can enter this here to check your case status.

The processing time for the I-765 is roughly 60-90 days, and for the I-485 it can be anything from a few months to over a year, depending on whether or not you need an interview and what your local field office is.

You should also receive a letter from USCIS in the next couple of weeks with instructions to go to a service center and get your fingerprints taken. If you haven't done this, there's no way anything has been approved.

thanks for correction....i received only i-797c which is mention that your documents recived by the USCIS office...

thanks a lot...

Timeline

IF you really have been approved your EAD within only two weeks I would first count yourself extremely lucky that it didn't take the usual 3 months.

And then I would suggest being patient. They won't send it any fast now if you ask them.

Be happy and wait.

Also please fill in your timeline it helps everyone use the forum.

thanks...but i am not lucky because the letter who send me to USCIS is i-797c. it only shows that your documents received by USCIS office... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.