Slec advance Medical

44 posts in this topic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Providing documentation from the doctor that shows she completed TB treatment years ago could possibly help. She will be asked by SLEC if she has a TB history. It's highly possible she'll be doing the 60 day sputum process. Whatever SLEC's X-ray shows will be a big part of it.

thanks. thats why i told my mom to get clearance from her doctor. i guess i will send her on early medical even without interview date yet to avoid long wait. because im sure she will have the 60 days sputum test.

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

July 31 --- USCIS received

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Oct 16 PAID status for AOS Nov 1 IV Fee invoice and Pay

Nov 3 AOS and IV Package Sent

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Feb 5 - Interview @ 615 am (cancelled due to sputum test)

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

April 17 interview @ US Embassy - PASSED

June 30 TOUCHDOWN NY WITH ME AND MY KIDS....

Timeline

SLEC will complete their own x-ray and are not really interested it outside x-rays. No harm in bringing them but don't know that SLEC will take them.

her 2014 xray is cleared for some reasons...

her 2010 xray has suggestive ptb. and she finished treatment.

on the slec registration form theyre asking the last xray taken. will i put the 2014?

how can she admit that she undregone 6 mos treatment on 2010?

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

Timeline

One thing to remember when completing the medical early is the visa validity is tied to the date of the medical.

please explain more.. I don't get this?

when mom has medical on dec. sputum 2 mos , so feb is the results.

what do you mean by visa validity? I don't have interview date yet.

what if the interview date is January? do I need to resched her for feb after sputum?

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

hotmom,

What Hank means by that is this:

If Mom passes her physical say, on December 1st, and also passes the interview and gets her visa granted, she will have (I think) 6 months to leave the Philippines. So she'll need to arrive at the US POE by May 1st. That's what Hank meant by her visa validity being tied to the date of the medical.

Anyone (including Hank) feel free to correct me if I messed any of that up.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

please explain more.. I don't get this?

when mom has medical on dec. sputum 2 mos , so feb is the results.

what do you mean by visa validity? I don't have interview date yet.

what if the interview date is January? do I need to resched her for feb after sputum?

Medical date = December (this is when the 6 month clock start for the visa validity)

Interview is already scheduled for January? Are you sure it is still scheduled, SLEC I thought cancels them when the sputum has to be done.

Anyway, you have 6 months from the date in December to clear POE in the USA, if the sputum is OK. That would be June. (not May)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Medical date = December (this is when the 6 month clock start for the visa validity)

Interview is already scheduled for January? Are you sure it is still scheduled, SLEC I thought cancels them when the sputum has to be done.

Anyway, you have 6 months from the date in December to clear POE in the USA, if the sputum is OK. That would be June. (not May)

i got it! i just thought it will starts after the sputum test.

MoM

July 29 --- sent i130

August 1 Priority date
Aug 11 Received NOA1

Sept 29 - NOA2

Oct 11 DS 261 Done

Oct 11 Paid AOS fee

Nov 6 Scan Date

DEC 31 CASE COMPLETE

Jan 20-21 medical

Feb 3-5 Sputum Test

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my medical the moment I had the case number cos I know I will undergo sputum due to tb history. Save time indeed! I had my medical result last Friday and Monday is my interview. Better if your mom should take advance medical esp if she has scar in her lung.

Hi AR and BA,

I just want to ask, What would be the best thing to do As i was diagnosed with INACTIVE TB before and took medication for 2 months.

Now I'm afraid to undergo medical because of Sputum Culture. Did they find Scar in you lungs?

Any suggestions when is the best thing to take my Medical Exam?

Timeline

No need to be afraid, it is what it is... if there is cause to do the sputum it will happen. If not... of course otherwise

Hi Hank,

Thank You for that Message, I am now reading your site and i find it so helpful.

With the Medical I plan to go to my pulmonologist and ask if i should take medicine in advance to prevent any bacteria from growning. That Sputum Culture is really scary.

Timeline

No need to be afraid, it is what it is... if there is cause to do the sputum it will happen. If not... of course otherwise

I read on your Site that Visa Validity will only be for 3 months? What if you need to do sputum culture?

MandL,

I personally would not do that (start taking medications), unless you really do think you currently have TB & or if your private pulmo diagnoses you as such. Because look at it from the other side, if you are currently taking medications for TB, especially in advance of or at the time of the medical exam, what will the examiner think?

Follow Hank's advice. Whatever will happen will happen. Don't go to your pulmo and ask for medications you might not even need unless you really do have a current diagnosis of TB.

As for your last question, you will not be issued a visa unless you pass the medical. You won't even be allowed to have the interview until you do so.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read on your Site that Visa Validity will only be for 3 months? What if you need to do sputum culture?

Visa validity is 6 mos from the date of the medical, if you do the sputum and all is fine at the end of the 60 days the visa validity is now 4 months. If you test positive for TB and have to do the 6 months of DOT treatment you will have to pay for a 2nd medical then you will have only 3 months of validity to enter the USA.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.