Mohamed31

Cairo Embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone I'm a little confused and I need to be sure:

My fiancee (the petitioner) received an email from U.S Embassy in Cairo telling her that I should prepare my papers and pay the visa fee through CIB and send them t the embassy through Aramex.

My understanding is that I should receive packet 3 in mail! But a member here told me that the email my fiancee received is packet 3

can anyone here confirm that?

Thanks in advance.

Mohamed & Tee Tee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

I am not positive as my case is still on its way to the NVC. But from my research, what I understand is that for countries where the mail systems are not great, and also depending on the embassy, packets can either be delivered by mail or e-mail. I have read that some couples only receive by e-mail, and I think I only read so far that the petitioner received the e-mails. I imagine this will be the case for me also since my fiance is in Libya, but has to go to either Tunisia or Morocco. Deliver a package 3 in Libya? Riiiiight....

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Two post removed One to edit out personal information and the other for quoting the post. Both post returned to view below. ~~

My friend i'm in ur same situation ..

first

u will prepare ur documents and send them to the embassy like i did ,, but u will late ur medical exam ,,

then they will schedule ur interview .

if u have any Question plz feel free to contact me

Use the PM system please for safety reasons, as VJ is not a private forum and anyone is able to access the information posted.

You're being very helpful, but please don't post your phone number on here... it's very unwise... you can send a private message to the person you want to contact and even then, be careful... at this moment, anyone from Argentina to Zimbabwe can access your profile photo, two of your phone numbers, and knows that you are applying for some sort of immigration benefit... that's a lot of information to give out to total strangers. I suggest that you ask that your previous post be deleted.

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.