newbieUS

Three down!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

God is so good!!! From our NOA-1 to NOA-2 now down to our MLA#. We're almost at the finish line. ;-) We just got our MLA # and our current status on line says, "READY". Now my question is, when are we gonna get the confirmation letter from the NVC? Will they send us via mail or email? If we pay for the visa fee today (Friday), could we still get for an interview schedule on line during the weekend? And lastly, where could we get for the December interview schedule? Thank you! :-)

They use MLA now and not MNL# anymore? NVC will not send you a confirmation email unless you sent them an inquiry email first. They only respond once the processing of your petition is complete. If you pay today, you just have to wait a couple of hours for your payment to appear on the system. Then you can go to this link any time http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-appointmentschedule.aspto schedule your interview.

Timeline

Hi, this is as per based on my experience..,u can start with your medical,DS160 and ,payment as long as u have your MNL# .if u started communicating with the embassy through email they will send you through it..but u do not need to wait for the hard copy via post office it will take long..ask a copy of the documents that your fiance(e) recieved,especially the one with the MNL# u can use that document on your medical at SLEC..pls pray before u have your medical it will help. Thanks

Timeline

@immrsregi oo0o0opps sorry for the typo error lol! Anyways thank you for replying, and may l know what's the email address of the NVC please? Uhmm l might just pay for my visa fee once we get the confirmation email then. Because l'm feeling anxious if we won't get it before my medical exam.

Hi. Congratulations! :) They send the letter with your case number to the petitioner when they ship your case. My fiancé received it today-7 days after our case was shipped to USEM. They also send a packet to the beneficiary. I'm not sure when I will receive that or if I would receive it at all. ;) I paid for the visa fee on a Friday afternoon (after 3:00 PM) and I was able to schedule my visa interview on Monday afternoon. I'm not sure if you would be able to do the scheduling on Friday evening if you pay before 3:00 PM today. When I checked yesterday, they opened more slots for December. It was almost filled out the other day. God bless you on the rest of your K1 journey! :)

Our K1 Visa Journey (L)

September 22, 2014: I-129F Packet sent via USPS Express Mail

September 24, 2014: I-129F received by USCIS

September 26, 2014: NOA1 received via email and text

October 3, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received and Alien Registration number changed

October 23, 2014: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 6, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 13, 2014: CEAC status "In Transit" (I was so happy to see it changed from "At NVC" to this status!)

November 14, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

November 25 and 26, 2014: SLEC Medical Exam

December 10, 2014: Interview- APPROVED!!!

December 10, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

December 15, 2014: CEAC status "AP"

December 17, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED"

December 20, 2014: Received a text from 2GO that passport is ready for pickup

December 22, 2014: VISA IN HAND! (Exactly 3 months after sending our I-129F petition)

January 22, 2015: POE

March 14, 2015: OUR WEDDING DAY (L)(L) (L)

AOS

April 15, 2015: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

April 16, 2015: Package delivered and signed for (Day 1)

April 20, 2015: NOA1 received via email and text (Day 5)

April 25, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (Day 10)

May 2, 2015: Biometrics notice received (Day 17)

May 13, 2015: Biometrics completed (Day 28)

June 29, 2015: AP approved (Day 75)

June 30, 2015: EAD approved (Day 76)

July 3, 2015: Case status was updated online (reflecting the approval of EAD/AP) (Day 79)

July 6, 2015: EAD approval received in the mail (Day 82)

July 17, 2015: Combo card received-17 days from approval (Day 93)

July 29, 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received in the mail (Day 105)

September 24, 2015: Green card received!!! Yay! (Day 162)

Timeline

@A+J Hi there thank you and you too congratulations! :) l plan to getting my interview on December 15th onwards because that entire week l will have my red days ayayay! Ah it's ok though because in the Chinese culture color red symbolizes good luck. Hehe! ;) And God willing, l will undergo my medical exam 2nd week of December before my period. You think l could still get a slot for dec 15th onwards next week?

Timeline

Hi. Just read this..u can have the info here.

Fiancé(e) (K1) visa applicants are required to read the IMBRA pamphlet which provides information on the legal rights available to immigrant victims of domestic violence in the U.S. You may download a copy of the IMBRA pamphlet from this website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/pamphlet/pamphlet_5725.html.

You need not wait for the hard copy of our interview notification letter and should visit this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/phor contact the Embassy's Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930 to schedule a visa interview appointment. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the USA may contact the Appointment Service at (214) 571-1600 between 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

Callers should have the applicant's case number, passport number, and passport expiry ready when requesting a visa appointment.

Please note that fiancé (K1) and fiancé derivative (K2) nonimmigrant visa applicants must pay the visa application fee of $265 before they can request a visa appointment via the online appointment website or the Embassy's Visa Call Center. There are three ways to pay the K visa application fee:

1. Cash payment at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch. All K visa applicants are required to present a U.S. visa application deposit slip to pay the K visa fee. They must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip which can be downloaded from the online appointment website: http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp, and take it to the bank to pay the fee.

2. Online payment bill option provided by BPI to their clients.

3. Online payment through Bancnet.

For more details regarding K visa payment instructions, you may visit a link to our website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3220.html.

You should follow all interview preparation instructions for K1/K2 visa applicants located on the Embassy's website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/iv_documents.html.

Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done at St.Luke's Extension Clinic in Manila 5 to 7 working days before their visa interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. Applicants are encouraged to register online at the St. Luke's website (www.slec.ph<http://www.slec.ph>)prior to their medical exam.

St. Luke's Extension Clinic is located at 1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila. The phone numbers are (632) 524-6082, (632) 521-0020, (632) 521-8647, and (632) 523-4327.

You should compile all the required documents and complete the medical examination before the visa interview (when scheduled). Please note that the medical examination may take more than one day to complete.

You dont need the NVC letter to schedule an interview and to complete your medical. Go pay the visa fee and get an interview scheduled before slots run out. Remember, Christmas is coming soon. Most, if not all, will be determined to leave before the year ends.

@A+J Hi there thank you and you too congratulations! :) l plan to getting my interview on December 15th onwards because that entire week l will have my red days ayayay! Ah it's ok though because in the Chinese culture color red symbolizes good luck. Hehe! ;) And God willing, l will undergo my medical exam 2nd week of December before my period. You think l could still get a slot for dec 15th onwards next week?

Hi. You're welcome and thank you. :) Haha. You're funny. (about the red days and good luck) :P iammrsregi is right. You don't need the NVC letter for your medical although it says on the SLEC website that it is needed. According to the information from the embassy, you should bring the appointment letter sent by NVC OR an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appointment Service. This might be helpful: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

So, you can go ahead and pay, schedule your interview then do your medical. I've just checked now and they have opened schedules for December 15-23. It was only up to December 11 yesterday. If you want to have your interview early, you can do your medical next week or the first week of December. You also don't need to worry about your red days. :) I'm not sure if those slots would still be there, but it is better to schedule right away. :)

Our K1 Visa Journey (L)

September 22, 2014: I-129F Packet sent via USPS Express Mail

September 24, 2014: I-129F received by USCIS

September 26, 2014: NOA1 received via email and text

October 3, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received and Alien Registration number changed

October 23, 2014: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 6, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 13, 2014: CEAC status "In Transit" (I was so happy to see it changed from "At NVC" to this status!)

November 14, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

November 25 and 26, 2014: SLEC Medical Exam

December 10, 2014: Interview- APPROVED!!!

December 10, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

December 15, 2014: CEAC status "AP"

December 17, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED"

December 20, 2014: Received a text from 2GO that passport is ready for pickup

December 22, 2014: VISA IN HAND! (Exactly 3 months after sending our I-129F petition)

January 22, 2015: POE

March 14, 2015: OUR WEDDING DAY (L)(L) (L)

AOS

April 15, 2015: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

April 16, 2015: Package delivered and signed for (Day 1)

April 20, 2015: NOA1 received via email and text (Day 5)

April 25, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (Day 10)

May 2, 2015: Biometrics notice received (Day 17)

May 13, 2015: Biometrics completed (Day 28)

June 29, 2015: AP approved (Day 75)

June 30, 2015: EAD approved (Day 76)

July 3, 2015: Case status was updated online (reflecting the approval of EAD/AP) (Day 79)

July 6, 2015: EAD approval received in the mail (Day 82)

July 17, 2015: Combo card received-17 days from approval (Day 93)

July 29, 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received in the mail (Day 105)

September 24, 2015: Green card received!!! Yay! (Day 162)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

God is so good!!! From our NOA-1 to NOA-2 now down to our MLA#. We're almost at the finish line. ;-) We just got our MLA # and our current status on line says, "READY". Now my question is, when are we gonna get the confirmation letter from the NVC? Will they send us via mail or email? If we pay for the visa fee today (Friday), could we still get for an interview schedule on line during the weekend? And lastly, where could we get for the December interview schedule? Thank you! :-)

Now that you have your MNL # it is Rock n Roll time!

Follow the flashing arrow below for details for the K-1 process in Manila.

NVC will only reply to an email you (petitioner) send requesting the MNL # (details in the link below)

You do not need any letter from the embassy to start this process.

Most times it takes 12-24 hours for the visa payment to be recorded at the embassy after paying at BPI.

Create your profile online (details in the link below), from there you can view the scheduling calendar

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

@ Hank l can't see the flashing arrow cuz i'm only using my android cell phone. :( anyway l have a questions regarding the ds-160:

A. Application lD- what is this?

B. Application Receipt/Petition #- is this our MNL#?

C. Intended date of arrival- l don't know what to put because l don't have an itinerary yet.

D. National ldentification#- l will put my voter's id #, is that okay? Should l also bring that in my interview?

And my last question l will just PM you. Thanks! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ Hank l can't see the flashing arrow cuz i'm only using my android cell phone. :( anyway l have a questions regarding the ds-160:

A. Application lD- what is this?

B. Application Receipt/Petition #- is this our MNL#?

C. Intended date of arrival- l don't know what to put because l don't have an itinerary yet.

D. National ldentification#- l will put my voter's id #, is that okay? Should l also bring that in my interview?

And my last question l will just PM you. Thanks! :)

Here ya go: http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

A) Application ID # is the identification number for your DS-160, write this number down so you can look it back up later if needed.

B) Application Receipt/Petition # - this the receipt number from the NOA2 (I-797, upper left corner of the form)

C) Intended arrival date - pick a date about a month after your interview (it really doesn't matter what date, they know you don't have travel plans yet.)

D) National ID - Leave blank, check the box DOES NOT APPLY

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

@Hank, brynz and iammrsregi from the bottom of my heart thank you all! :) :) :) and to you AJ wishing you great success in your visa interview. Kindly share and update us after your medical and interview. God bless us all! ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.