riprip

When is Biometrics Appointment Scheduled?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi,

I came to the US on a K-1 visa and filed for AOS on Oct 15th. I received a letter requesting further information from the USCIS on Oct 29th and sent it. Then I received the following update.

On November 14, 2014, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC1590083170. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by January 13, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I'm a little worried because I haven't received the biometrics appointment notification yet, from my research most people receive it within 2 weeks after filing I-485. Is there any chance that they forgot to schedule my biometrics appointment? Should I call USCIS and check? I had issues with the mailman returning my mail so I'm not sure if I was sent but returned, do you receive updates online if a biometrics appointment is scheduled?

I'd appreciate it if anyone can share their experience on this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

I came to the US on a K-1 visa and filed for AOS on Oct 15th. I received a letter requesting further information from the USCIS on Oct 29th and sent it. Then I received the following update.

I'm a little worried because I haven't received the biometrics appointment notification yet, from my research most people receive it within 2 weeks after filing I-485. Is there any chance that they forgot to schedule my biometrics appointment? Should I call USCIS and check? I had issues with the mailman returning my mail so I'm not sure if I was sent but returned, do you receive updates online if a biometrics appointment is scheduled? [/color][/font]

I'd appreciate it if anyone can share their experience on this.

I sent mine on October 20th, got my NOA on November 7th, it's been 2 weeks since I got my NOA and I haven't received any biometrics appointment letter yet either.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Try calling your local USCIS office and ask if you already have a biometrics appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
iammrsregi

National Benefits Center has jurisdiction of my application. I'm not sure if the Raleigh/Durham USCIS office can help with my case yet. But I'll try calling on Monday.

You received your EAD & travel document fast!

Filed: Timeline

Normally your biometrics appointment is scheduled for approximately one month after you sent your AOS package. So you should get a letter about 2-3 weeks after filing or 1-2 weeks after the NOA1. However, I think your RFE delayed things, unfortunately.

Added to the mix is how busy your local Application Support Center (ASC) is, as that's where you'll have your biometrics appointment.

Edited to add: I don't remember seeing any updates online other than my biometrics fee was accepted and that I should be receiving an appointment in the mail.

Edited by landr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.