Dan&Yvette

My SLEC's experience.. :)

26 posts in this topic

My medical exam was held on November 17-18, 2014

I stayed in Casa Bocobo Hotel (just a few steps from SLEC) with my mom and sister.

3am - I went to SLEC. There were few applicants who arrived early and I'm the 11th person on the line.

5am - the security guards started to check the documents: 2pcs 2x2 picture, 2 copies of online registration form (if you registered online), 2 copies of NVC letter, 2 photocopies of passport biographical page and passport. If documents are complete they will allow you to enter the clinic (for those who are not registered online, the security guard will give you a form for you to fill up, while applicants who registered online can sit and wait for their number to be called by another personnel of the clinic who will recheck your documents).

5:45am - they called my number at US counter letter J. The lady asked me some questions while she's checking my documents. Then she told me to proceed to the 5th floor cashier to pay the P11,025. After I paid, i was told to wait for my name to be called.

6:30am - my name was called for the vital signs (BP/heartbeat, height/weight/vision) then told to wait (again) for my physical exam.

8:00am - they called my name to proceed to Room 8 for physical exam. The doctor asked me some questions and she checked everything from head to toe. I had an operation when I was young & the doctor told me to provide them a record. Unfortunately, I don't have any record anymore. She advised me to get a medical certificate from a surgeon and bring it on the next day. After physical exam, I proceed to the 4th floor for the laboratory at 8:30am and asked to wait again for my name to be called.

9:00am - they called my name for the XRAY (yay!). After my xray the nurse told me to wait (again) for the immunization interview.

11:45am - finally its my turn for the immunization interview. The doctor told me that I might get 3 shots.

I finished my first day med exam at around 12:00nn.

On the second day....

It was the longest day ever. I was told to come back at around 8:30am and to proceed to Room N to submit my medical certificate.

8:30am at Room N - ground floor, I gave my med certificate and was told to wait for my name to be called.

09:30am - they called my name to proceed to the US counter 5th floor. The personnel told me that another doctor will check my medical certificate and will have an interview with him. She gave me a number (Room 3, #8). The doctor (guy) asked me questions about the scar (due to operation). After few questions, he then told me to go to the second floor for immunization and wait for my name to be called. Yehey!!! (means no problem with my xray)...

It was a long wait.....

12:30pm -waiting.. waiting... for my name to be called. After 3hours I decided to ask the receptionist what time will be my vaccination. She told me to go back at 1:30PM since they are still waiting for the findings of the second doctor who interviewed and examined me.

1:30pm went back to the clinic..

4:00 pm - they called my name and proceed to the immunization room - 2nd floor. I got 2 shots (anti tetanus and measles). Again, the nurse told me to proceed to ground floor (releasing area) and wait for my name to be called.

7:00pm. Finally I GOT THE RESULT AND THE CD.

It's almost 12hours of waiting for the result but it's Worth it. I passed the medical exam. :)

Thanks to my sister who patiently waited outside the clinic for almost 12hrs (the security guard did not allow her to enter. Only senior and minor applicants are allowed to accompanied by their relatives).

TIP: (1) Always ask the receptionist or even the security guards (every floor has it) if you don't know what will be the next step. (2) Be attentive.

Goodluck to those who will have their medical exams.. :)

***K-1 Visa***

MAY 01, 2014: Met in person and got Engaged!
JULY 01, 2014: Sent I-129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox
JULY 04, 2014: Received via USPS Tracking
JULY 09, 2014: USCIS received the case - route to CSC - notified via email/text
JULY 10, 2014: NOA1 Hardcopy received and ARN changed
SEPTEMBER 26, 2014: Approved!!! (via USCIS site)...yipeee!!!! (80 days from NOA1)
OCTOBER 01, 2014: Got NOA2 Hardcopy
OCTOBER 15, 2014: Called NVC and got our MNL case # (19 days after approval)
OCTOBER 20, 2014: Paid the visa fee (BPI)
OCTOBER 22, 2014: Case status "In Transit". Completed and submitted DS-160 Form
OCTOBER 23, 2014: CEAC status "READY"
OCTOBER 30, 2014: Received NVC Letter thru mail (letter dated October 21st)
NOVEMBER 17, 2014: Medical (SLEC) - Result "Passed"
NOVEMBER 21, 2014: Received letter from US Embassy (Manila)
NOVEMBER 24, 2014: Interview - Result "Approved" :thumbs:
NOVEMBER 26, 2014: CEAC status "Administrative Processing"
NOVEMBER 28, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED" :dance:
DECEMBER 02, 2014: Got text message from 2GO courier that my US Visa is ready to pick up :wow:
DECEMBER 06, 2014: Got my Visa. :dancing:
DECEMBER 15, 2014: CFO Seminar (didn't get my certificate and sticker - the counselor wanted to have copies of chat logs and I forgot to bring, huhuhu)
DECEMBER 19, 2014: Follow up seminar with CFO... Got my CFO certificate and seminar
DECEMBER 26, 2014: POE - San Francisco, CA (L) (L)
DECEMBER 30, 2014: Courthouse Wedding

JANUARY 15, 2015: Got my SS card (with my married name)

***AOS, EAD & AP***

MARCH 12, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD & AP packet via USPS (Express Mail)

MARCH 13, 2015: Packet delivered & signed (via USPS tracking)

MARCH 18, 2015: Receipt notice from USCIS (via text message and email)

MARCH 23, 2015: Received NOA's in mail

APRIL 04, 2015 : Received Biometrics Appointment Notice via mail

APRIL 14, 2015 : Biometrics (in Oakland)

APRIL 23, 2015 : Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

APRIL 29, 2015 : Received letter from USCIS for my initial interview

MAY 27, 2015 : EAD and AP is approved

MAY 29, 2015 : Interview.... APPROVED!!!

JUNE 04, 2015 : EAD/AP combo card received

JUNE 07, 2015 : GC received!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Commentary is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Dan and Yvette,

Congrats!

PM sent to you, I have a question.

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Timeline

Can I print out a photographed copy of the NVC letter for submission? The NVC letter is the NOA 2 right?

Thanks

Edited by 7107
I-129F Sent : 2014-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-10-8

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-28

Interview: 2014-12-23 Approved!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I print out a photographed copy of the NVC letter for submission? The NVC letter is the NOA 2 right?

Thanks

NOA2 is not the letter from NVC, two different documents, from two different departments

The NVC will have your MNL # on it and yes you can print out copies of that to use for your medical

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

NOA2 is not the letter from NVC, two different documents, from two different departments

The NVC will have your MNL # on it and yes you can print out copies of that to use for your medical

I see, I don't think we got a letter from the NVC or an email. That's because we called them. But the site does say that our case is ready, can I print that out instead?

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-10-8

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-28

Interview: 2014-12-23 Approved!

I see, I don't think we got a letter from the NVC or an email. That's because we called them. But the site does say that our case is ready, can I print that out instead?

NVC only answers inquiries thats why you didnt get an email. You dont need this anyway. Just print your interview appointment confirmation. If SLEC asks you where you got your MNL number, just tell them you got it from NVC through phone call. Its not an issue

Timeline

No, printing out the CEAC webpage is not what is needed. Letter from NVC takes a few weeks to get once the case file ships to the embassy. Once you have your interview scheduled you can print out copies of the interview confirmation and bring that to St. Luke's. You do not need both the NVC letter and confirmation page for SLEC, only need one or the other (SLEC website is wrong, the embassy states NVC letter OR interview confirmation letter/email/page)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

then why I noticed that the one who checked our documents (inside the clinic) in SLEC always asked "where is the NVC letter with the MNL case #"?? One applicant did not allow to proceed with the med exam because they are asking for the letter. Well, I'm not sure why...

this is what indicated on SLEC's website :

d. Letter of Case Number

• Principal Applicant - original & 2 photocopies
  • Derivative - 2 photocopies

If Letter of Case Number was received via email, print 3 copies for the principal applicant and 2 copies for each derivative.

***K-1 Visa***

SEPTEMBER 26, 2014: Approved!!! (via USCIS site)...yipeee!!!! (80 days from NOA1)
DECEMBER 02, 2014: Got text message from 2GO courier that my US Visa is ready to pick up :wow:
DECEMBER 15, 2014: CFO Seminar (didn't get my certificate and sticker - the counselor wanted to have copies of chat logs and I forgot to bring, huhuhu)
DECEMBER 19, 2014: Follow up seminar with CFO... Got my CFO certificate and seminar

***AOS, EAD & AP***

then why I noticed that the one who checked our documents (inside the clinic) in SLEC always asked "where is the NVC letter with the MNL case #"?? One applicant did not allow to proceed with the med exam because they are asking for the letter. Well, I'm not sure why...

d. Letter of Case Number

If Letter of Case Number was received via email, print 3 copies for the principal applicant and 2 copies for each derivative.

If that were the case then I wouldn't have been able to complete my medical. I only received a response from NVC wayyyy after I already had my visa on hand so during the medical, I only brought my interview confirmation. We are advising based on what we know absolutely works.

If that were the case then I wouldn't have been able to complete my medical. I only received a response from NVC wayyyy after I already had my visa on hand so during the medical, I only brought my interview confirmation. We are advising based on what we know absolutely works.

When was your medical exam?? Maybe they have new instructions/procedure.... I really don't know.

It's just my observation. During my medical exam (November 17 - just last Monday), I saw one applicant who did not allow to proceed with his medical exam unless he can present a letter from NVC. The personnel was looking for a letter which indicates the MNL Case Number. I noticed also, that even the guy who sell ballpens / passport holder outside the clinic always remind the applicants that the requirements are 2x2 pics, 2 copies of NVC letter with MNL case #, interview appointment letter, the passport biographical page (2photocopies), passport and SLEC registration form (if you registered online) and black ball pen.

Edited by Dan&Yvette

***K-1 Visa***

***AOS, EAD & AP***

Timeline

d. Letter of Case Number

And this is what the embassy states (embassy trumps hospital):

What should I bring to my medical examination?

• Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appointment Service.
  • Appropriate medical examination fee.
  • Passport (valid for at least 6 months)
  • Three color pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background(two are for the visa and one is for the medical report).

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

And this is what the embassy states (embassy trumps hospital):

What should I bring to my medical examination?

• Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appointment Service.
  • Appropriate medical examination fee.
  • Passport (valid for at least 6 months)
  • Three color pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background(two are for the visa and one is for the medical report).

Yes.. That's why I'm also confused...

In addition, SLEC asked for 4pcs of 2x2 picture. They asked 2 pcs on the first day and another 2pcs on the releasing counter on the second day.

***K-1 Visa***

***AOS, EAD & AP***

Timeline

Yes.. That's why I'm also confused...

In addition, SLEC asked for 4pcs of 2x2 picture. They asked 2 pcs on the first day and another 2pcs on the releasing counter on the second day.

SLEC collects 1 passport photo for their file and the 3 needed for the embassy (they have been doing for years)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.