bfulton71

Quick question on rfe - how do they come?

11 posts in this topic

If one was to get an rfe - how do they come? If we are set up for email and texting for notification of the NOA2 would we get a notification by email and text if we had a rfe?

Perhaps they only come in the mail? I am in Canada.

Thanks!

On the november thread someone just got an RFE and they had a status update on their USCIS page, prior to receiving details in the mail. Hope that helps.

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi guys,

Today we've got an RFE... I do not know what it is about. My boyfriend left to England because of serious family issues. So he is not in the country and I do not know when he will come back. I`ve read about RFE and it says that usually USCIS gives to a petitioner around 80 days to reply. Is that correct? Is it always 80 days or it depends on kind of request?

Thanks in advance.

Ladydi. I'm not sure how long they give to respond to a rfe. How did your rfe come? Email, text, by mail?

Thanks

Pheeps thank you! It helps but I wonder if all get a text or an email.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

If one was to get an rfe - how do they come? If we are set up for email and texting for notification of the NOA2 would we get a notification by email and text if we had a rfe?

Thanks!

we were set up for email and text notification as well. it might come as email or text first but the actual RFE ( if there is one ) will ALWAYS be send to you via mail. and it should be visible on your online case status on the USCIS webpage.

Timeline

Hi guys,

Today we've got an RFE... I do not know what it is about. My boyfriend left to England because of serious family issues. So he is not in the country and I do not know when he will come back. I`ve read about RFE and it says that usually USCIS gives to a petitioner around 80 days to reply. Is that correct? Is it always 80 days or it depends on kind of request?

Thanks in advance.

it was 80 days for ours and should be the same for everyone. but if your bf left to england, how do you know there is a RFE ?

Timeline

Thanks!

one question : I see on your timeline you already got the NOA2 ? is that correct ? in that case you will not get any RFE anymore because your petition has been approved by the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.