Mickee

After DS 160 is done what next?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The DS 160 is done and sent electronically to Vancouver, BC I understand they need to be paid, medical done and set up an interview... Been looking around this site, inter-webs and consulate in BC but can't find anywhere how to get this done. Anyone shed some light on this? I'm sure this question has been asked many times but I can't find the answer.

Thanks

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hi,

I was a little in the dark about that also :)

you have to go to a dept of state website and create an account and there you will pay the fees online and then it will show you the appointment dates in the future open at the consulate for interviews.

Both the US citizen and the applicant are mailed a letter from the US consulate in the county of the applicant.

My fiancee is from Mexico so our leter came from the US consulate in Juarez Mexico where they conduct the fiancee visas.

The letter instructed us to go to

http:// mexico.usa-visainfo.com

where my fiancee created the account and paid and scheduled.

My guess is that the web address is diffeent for each country so that the applicant can set up the account in their own language. So I don't know the address for the canada site but is likely you can easily find it at usa-visainfo.com

Also I spoke to the applicant service center a few times to answer certain questions.

The consulate has a seperate place called an applicant service center. They are the ones that answer many of the questions posed by applicants.

I am sure there would be one close to your consulate you could call.

Good Luck on your visa journey

Rudy

US citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes this what our embassy in Jamaica sent to us:

Step 2Register online, pay the fee, and schedule your interview.

Please go to http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv, click Register, and follow the on-screen instructions.

After you pay the USD $265 fee online, you will be able to schedule your interview.

If you need help registering, please call (876) 632-7400 from Jamaica, or (703) 439-2360 from the U.S.

Not sure if it is the same website regardless of country. Did you email ur embassy? If not you could try that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.