Bjorn&lyne

Syria Police Clearance

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My Filippina fiancee worked in Syria 2008-2011. In early August 2014 she applied for Syria police clearance through the Syrian consulate in Manila. She contacted them after 3 months but the consulate does not know what's going on with the clearance. We are currently at the NVC stage of our process and the last document we need is the Syria police clearance to submit to the NVC. Considering the civil war in Syria, does anyone have experience in dealing with Syria police clearance recently or the NVC regarding this issue, again considering the circumstances in Syria pertaining to the civil war? Thank so much for replies!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm Syrian

I fled the struggle 15 months ago

when I applied for K1 visa it was necessary to get this document so one of my relatives got it for me, we had to pay the officer a huge bribe to get it

Timeline

Thank for your reply. So it seems like it is very difficult to get for a person outside the country going through the Syrian consulate in a foreign country... Ouch.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My Filippina fiancee worked in Syria 2008-2011. In early August 2014 she applied for Syria police clearance through the Syrian consulate in Manila. She contacted them after 3 months but the consulate does not know what's going on with the clearance. We are currently at the NVC stage of our process and the last document we need is the Syria police clearance to submit to the NVC. Considering the civil war in Syria, does anyone have experience in dealing with Syria police clearance recently or the NVC regarding this issue, again considering the circumstances in Syria pertaining to the civil war? Thank so much for replies!

Ya know, I would contact USEM on this as it is only available if you 1) apply in person 2) have a family member that is living there apply 3) have an attorney acquire it. There is contact info for USEM in my link below, follow the flashing arrow.

Police/Prison Records

Available: Yes, as of 3 July 2013. For certificates previously obtained the following remains correct:

Fees: 55 SYP.

Document Name: Judicial Record Extract

Issuing Government Authority: The Criminal Police Branch - Ministry of Interior.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Usually round blue or red with eagle emblem - Arabic writing "Syrian Arab Republic-Ministry of Interior" on top of the eagle. - "The Headquarters of Police in the City of (Name of the city)" and "Criminal Police Branch (city)- Section of Criminal Registration" below.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Head of the Criminal Police Branch.

Registration Criteria: Checking Police database.

Procedure for Obtaining: 1- In Person 2- A family member 3- A lawyer.

Certified Copies Available: No

Pop over to the Philippines forum, great group to assist with the visa process in Manila.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I will contact the US Embassy in Syria and see what they say. I will also contact my senators and see what they can do.

there is no US embassy in Syria anymore

there is no diplomatic connections between Syria and USA

• 2 years later...
Timeline
On 11/17/2014 at 9:37 PM, Bjorn&lyne said:

Hello,

Did your fiancee got a police clearance from syria? I have same situation like her now.after 4 months of waiting no police clearance arrived.i requested to syrian consulate in manila and pay for 180$ but its useless.im under 221g because of this.the syrian consul gived me a police certificate a proof that i did my best to get one.i send it to USEM now and hoping they will issue a visa for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.