tim131

Aos I 130 already at nvc

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello, it's a little complex so thanks in advance

Wife is becoming a citizen, ceremony on Thursday. I'm the intednding immigrant, our i130 has been approved but waiting at nvc as we were subject to the f2a category

I'm in the usa on the vwp I don't want to go back and wait it out, can I convert my petition to an aos and do he interview etc here!? Will we have to resend everything??

Any advice much appreciated.

Tim

Ps I posted this in the other forum and realised it was the wrong place, apologies

Edited by tim131

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Unless your spouse becomes USC, then you can call nvc and let them know. Then your visa number is available immidiately so you can adjust status here in the States (interview.) If she can't become USC, you will have bad time since you are out of status.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hi Thanks for the reply.

She will be taking the oath on Thursday and will have her naturalization cert then too.

We will call the nvc, so do what do I do to adjust my status here? Out local uscis is west Palm beach.

Do I have to apply all over again or will they be able to send my i130 from the nvc to west Palm or what? Any other forms like affidavit of support etc I need to send in?

Thanks

Tim

Wait until she takes an oath. You call them to let you know that your spouse is USC now and you will adjust status in the States, so they can transfer your file back to USCIS. Then you can file I-485 + I-765 along with I-130 notice of approval.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Wait until she takes an oath. You call them to let you know that your spouse is USC now and you will adjust status in the States, so they can transfer your file back to USCIS. Then you can file I-485 + I-765 along with I-130 notice of approval.

Thanks a lot for that :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.