ShirleyYDavid

I-129f petition DENIED

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would recommend that you simply get married and go the CR-1 route, less paperwork and its it not as time consuming.

From what I can tell on the processing times page, this isn't the case, if you measure it in terms of how long from application to the date your beloved can move to the USA.

I would add a word of caution to what everyone is saying here about not using a lawyer: if you are not proficient in English (I say this because your original post was not very well-written), then you may have trouble understanding the K-1 visa process and all of the requirements. In that case, it may be necessary to use a lawyer, but at the very least you should research and find out who are the good ones and who are the bad ones. I'd imagine in a city like Miami you have a lot of both, so it's just a question of identifying which is which.

I speak and understand English perfectly. If I did not include my periods and commas where they belong or if my wording was different to your understanding my bad. My main concern was to get some advise but THANKS any ways for your time to comment.

I would add a word of caution to what everyone is saying here about not using a lawyer: if you are not proficient in English (I say this because your original post was not very well-written), then you may have trouble understanding the K-1 visa process and all of the requirements. In that case, it may be necessary to use a lawyer, but at the very least you should research and find out who are the good ones and who are the bad ones. I'd imagine in a city like Miami you have a lot of both, so it's just a question of identifying which is which.

I speak and understand English perfectly. If I did not include my periods and commas where they belong or if my wording was different to your understanding my bad. My main concern was to get some advise but THANKS any ways for your time to comment.

I would NOT use a lawyer and I would just go the i130 route will be cheaper and much more cost effective.

Thanks everyone for your advise.It greatly appreciated. I finally was able to see the letter that was sent to the lawyer and indeed she did not comply with all that was on the RFE and blamed the inspector that processed the petition. We learn from mistakes. THANKS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.