ShirleyYDavid

I-129f petition DENIED

35 posts in this topic

So sorry to hear this. There is plenty of information on here and so many people to help you with any questions. Fingers crossed your second attempt will go a lot smoother, I agree, bin the lawyer!

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Re-do the petition yourself without lawyer , you will be fine with advise here.

Exactly! Drop that laywer like a bad habbit and let the group here gently guide you. Good luck.

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would add a word of caution to what everyone is saying here about not using a lawyer: if you are not proficient in English (I say this because your original post was not very well-written), then you may have trouble understanding the K-1 visa process and all of the requirements. In that case, it may be necessary to use a lawyer, but at the very least you should research and find out who are the good ones and who are the bad ones. I'd imagine in a city like Miami you have a lot of both, so it's just a question of identifying which is which.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

Hope everyone is well I need advise if I should or not appeal my case on Nov 8 I received the email stating that our application was denied I received the letter today stating the reason for the denial that not enough evidence was submitted for intent of marriage. We hired a lawyer to help us with the process in which I feel right now like she was useless. Do not know what to do. And for what it seem its better looking in here for advise rather than going to a lawyer. To appeal its 630.00 or should I just redo the K1 visa or get married. The wait is a major factor just want to be together asap.

hope to get some response

Thanks,

so you had got the RFE first asking for more evidences then you got denial?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

I would add a word of caution to what everyone is saying here about not using a lawyer: if you are not proficient in English (I say this because your original post was not very well-written), then you may have trouble understanding the K-1 visa process and all of the requirements. In that case, it may be necessary to use a lawyer, but at the very least you should research and find out who are the good ones and who are the bad ones. I'd imagine in a city like Miami you have a lot of both, so it's just a question of identifying which is which.

I have to disagree with your statement. There are many nationalities on this site, and many who do not have the same proficiency in the English language as others, but that in no way suggests a need for a lawyer.

If the OP has a problem understanding the process, they can just ask that things be clarified as many times as need be, until she fully understands. I'm sure VJers will be more than happy to accommodate and provide her with the adequate help she needs to fully understand the process. Just my opinion. I read the same thing you read and it does not strike me that the OP is too unlettered in the English language to understand the process with the help of the site.

IMHO. I'm just saying! Nothing personal. I say NO Lawyer is necessary, but at the end of the day, the decision to lawyer or not lawyer is hers to make.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi Shirley, I am not sure what happened in your case. I got an RFE because I was missing His letter of intent to marry. i submitted it and it was approved so I dont think if you had submitted both it wasn't that. I did not send any info about wedding arrangements or anything like that. Did you send in enough proof of a relationship such as emails, chats, pictures etc and your story how you met and fell in love?? Before you start again you want to make sure you know the real reason why it was denied. Any way good luck on your journey its just a little delayed from the inevitable if the love is authentic.

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have to disagree with your statement. There are many nationalities on this site, and many who do not have the same proficiency in the English language as others, but that in no way suggests a need for a lawyer.

If the OP has a problem understanding the process, they can just ask that things be clarified as many times as need be, until she fully understands. I'm sure VJers will be more than happy to accommodate and provide her with the adequate help she needs to fully understand the process. Just my opinion. I read the same thing you read and it does not strike me that the OP is too unlettered in the English language to understand the process with the help of the site.

IMHO. I'm just saying! Nothing personal. I say NO Lawyer is necessary, but at the end of the day, the decision to lawyer or not lawyer is hers to make.

Cabe mencionar que hay gente aqui hablan varios idiomas que le puede ayudar

It needs to be mentioned that there are people here that speak many languages that can help him

No lawyer needed

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

I fully disagree with your ''word of caution''! It definitely has nothing to do with being proficient in English or not and btw if the beneficiary is not I am sure that the Petitioner would be! And what's the point? If the person do not understand the requirements he/she wouldn't be able to understand the Lawyer as well if he/she doesn't speak the home country language of the ones applying! The original post is clear in regards to the english tho!

I've seen many people complaining about Lawyers and how they can mess up the whole thing! So the answer is NO, the Lawyer is not needed (Except for cases that require one due to immigration issues or something like that).

I would make sure that no RFE was sent before to the Lawyer without a proper answer provided to USCIS. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to be denied if you provided both Letters of Intent! I guess there's something else! Good luck!!

Timeline

I fully disagree with your ''word of caution''! It definitely has nothing to do with being proficient in English or not and btw if the beneficiary is not I am sure that the Petitioner would be! And what's the point? If the person do not understand the requirements he/she wouldn't be able to understand the Lawyer as well if he/she doesn't speak the home country language of the ones applying! The original post is clear in regards to the english tho!

I've seen many people complaining about Lawyers and how they can mess up the whole thing! So the answer is NO, the Lawyer is not needed (Except for cases that require one due to immigration issues or something like that).

I would make sure that no RFE was sent before to the Lawyer without a proper answer provided to USCIS. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to be denied if you provided both Letters of Intent! I guess there's something else! Good luck!!

You're free to disagree, but I stand by my original point. The immigration process can be intimidating and difficult even for people with full proficiency in English and who are aware of how bureaucratic the US government can be. Anyone who's tried to obtain residency in a foreign country can surely relate. Immigration lawyers often speak English as well as the language of their clienteles, and that is especially true for Spanish in Miami (where the OP is from). Also remember that it is natural for anyone who has had a bad experience with their lawyer to complain about it on here, while those who are satisfied have less reason for sharing their experience because their process went smoothly. That's why I said in my post that if you're going to use a lawyer, make sure it's a GOOD one. That means they are in constant communication with you and don't leave you guessing about what an RFE might have been for and when/if they might have responded to it.

I agree that this site has an abundance of resources even for people with limited proficiency in English. However, that assumes that a) the people who need that help actually FIND this site and b) that they receive the assistance they need from other users.

Edited by sma1488

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Appeal is out. When you appeal you are saying USCIS messed up. I don't think that's your case here. I believe you got an RFE for probably not submitting letter of intent. I believe the lawyer never responded so you were denied.

It was mentioned to go to lawyer and get the exact copy of what they sent. DO NOT call them. DO NOT email them. You will go to their office and demand it. If they do not comply tell them they will be reported to the ABA for their state (No lawyer likes a bad report). Any good lawyer would have sent you want they sent. They messed up.

Be proactive. Also do schedule an Infopassl like Tim/Mav suggested so you can see upfront what was submitted. This way you will know what you are dealing with and can act accordingly.

You have plenty of K1's here on board who were successful ask them, research so you have the best I-129F package.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am with dhwheels76. Go to the lawyer office demand the RFE letter and the reply they sent.

Come back here with exactly what that says and then you can get advice.

In any case.. do future filers a favor and report that lawyer, paralegal and whoever was involved in their mess up to the bar.

Best,

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There was a posting here a few weeks ago where someone's lawyer told them they got an RFE for bad paper size on the G325A (seemed like A4 vs. 8.5x11). Anyway, once the person actually saw the RFE, it was clear missing documents were the actual issue. You absolutely should go in person to the lawyer's office and demand to see all correspondence related to your case.

I'd agree that a lawyer isn't necessary for a filing that doesn't involve people with a criminal record, but if you still do want a lawyer, you have to really search to find a good one. There seem to be a lot of horror stories here where petitions or visas fail because of basic screwups by careless lawyers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thanks Dave, we both did give our lawyer a letter of intent of marriage they also stated that we was to include statement, wedding preparations, or other evidence that clearly establishes the beneficiary's intent to marry the petitioner. In which my lawyer did not requested

Thanks once again

This evidence is usually wanted at the interview stage by the consulate and not by USCIS with the I-129F petition.

Something sounds very strange with your case.

I have never seen USCIS requesting such evidence for approval of a petition.

Just to clarify ........ you did not have your interview yet right ? You mentioned appliction but the correct term is petition so it is confusing to me

at which stage you really are. If your lawyer received a RFE why did he not answer it with the requested evidence ?

A RFE is given so you can submit what is missing

within a certain time frame.

A 221g refusal is given after the interview if the CO is not convinced of a bona fide relationship.

Please clarify where exactly you are stuck.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Hi,

Hope everyone is well I need advise if I should or not appeal my case on Nov 8 I received the email stating that our application was denied I received the letter today stating the reason for the denial that not enough evidence was submitted for intent of marriage. We hired a lawyer to help us with the process in which I feel right now like she was useless. Do not know what to do. And for what it seem its better looking in here for advise rather than going to a lawyer. To appeal its 630.00 or should I just redo the K1 visa or get married. The wait is a major factor just want to be together asap.

hope to get some response

Thanks,

First of all let me start by saying that i am sorry to hear about your news. I can speak from experience as our 129F was also denied, however it was due to me submitting it hastily. I would recommend that you simply get married and go the CR-1 route, less paperwork and its it not as time consuming. I also recommend that you DITCH the lawyer. All the information that you need is here Trust me it is!! Why waste your hard earned money on it if you can simply do everything yourself. Why appeal? y gastar los $630? when you can utilize that for something that can be beneficial in the end. I know that it does hinder your immidiate plans, however beleive me when i say that it is better to go the CR-1 route and file the I-130....

Good luck to you ... and please dont hesistate to ask any questions.. be glad to help!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.