AmCha241

Does NVC send mail to the Petitioner after NOA2?

8 posts in this topic

I've tried calling NVC to get our case number, but it's always busy. I also sent NVCinquiry an email with my receipt #, our names and DOB's to see - no reply.

Does NVC send the petitioner hard copy mail during post-NOA2 / NVC stage?

USCIS status via https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.dosays: "Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On November 10, 2014, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRCXXXXXXXXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing."

Current Status: Ready for Interview

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-26

I-129F RFE(s) : Nope

RFE Reply(s) : N/A

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-30

NVC Received : 2014-11-10

NVC Left: ?

Consulate Received : 2014-12-03

Packet 3 Received : Nope

Packet 3 Sent : Nope

Packet 4 Received : Nope

Interview Date : 2014-01-14

Interview Result : APPROVED!

Visa Received : 2014-01-24 , yesss!

CFO:

US Entry :

Marriage :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

not true. lately they have been getting through quicker. just got off the phone with them to reconfirm they sent our case to embassy and they said it was sent yesterday. I would call them right now. it was so funny I spoke with the same person I spoke with yesterday and he goes, "Welcome back!" hahah they are very nice there.

Also, it is quicker to call them but like the guy I spoke with this evening again said they send both you and the beneficiary a letter stating case number ect and future instructions to further process visa. However, once they send docs to embassy it is now under embassies jurisdiction not NVC as I was told again tonight.

According to Hank's guide, call after 4:45 PM Eastern Time so you don't have to wait for a long time. The first time my fiancé called, he was on hold for almost 30 minutes, and then he only had to dial twice the next time he called. It took 8 days for our case to be received by NVC. You can try calling NVC after a week that your case was sent to them. After two weeks is a good time too, but if you want, you can keep calling everyday or every other day after the first week.

Our K1 Visa Journey (L)

September 22, 2014: I-129F Packet sent via USPS Express Mail

September 24, 2014: I-129F received by USCIS

September 26, 2014: NOA1 received via email and text

October 3, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received and Alien Registration number changed

October 23, 2014: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 6, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 13, 2014: CEAC status "In Transit" (I was so happy to see it changed from "At NVC" to this status!)

November 14, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

November 25 and 26, 2014: SLEC Medical Exam

December 10, 2014: Interview- APPROVED!!!

December 10, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

December 15, 2014: CEAC status "AP"

December 17, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED"

December 20, 2014: Received a text from 2GO that passport is ready for pickup

December 22, 2014: VISA IN HAND! (Exactly 3 months after sending our I-129F petition)

January 22, 2015: POE

March 14, 2015: OUR WEDDING DAY (L)(L) (L)

AOS

April 15, 2015: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

April 16, 2015: Package delivered and signed for (Day 1)

April 20, 2015: NOA1 received via email and text (Day 5)

April 25, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (Day 10)

May 2, 2015: Biometrics notice received (Day 17)

May 13, 2015: Biometrics completed (Day 28)

June 29, 2015: AP approved (Day 75)

June 30, 2015: EAD approved (Day 76)

July 3, 2015: Case status was updated online (reflecting the approval of EAD/AP) (Day 79)

July 6, 2015: EAD approval received in the mail (Day 82)

July 17, 2015: Combo card received-17 days from approval (Day 93)

July 29, 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received in the mail (Day 105)

September 24, 2015: Green card received!!! Yay! (Day 162)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC will answer your email in about a month, which is about how long it takes to receive your hardcopy letter in the mail. Best to call, just keep hitting your redial button until you get put on hold, then wait patiently until a live person finally answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Just keep trying redialing the number. My fiance called them and he said it really takes a long time , the last time that he called before we got our case number , he said it took him an hour or so.Just keep trying.

NVC only answers emails once the processing of your case is completed.

Calling NVC is hit or miss, when I called at 7am one morning I got right through and then spent 25 minutes on hold, once at 5 pm I redialed 50 times and then was on ignore for 30 minutes, once at 6 pm I got right through and then was on ignore for twenty minutes, one Friday evening I hit redial 155 and then was ignore for an hour and 20 minutes.

I would say the beginning of the week and Fridays were the worst time for me in trying to get through. Wednesday evening seemed to be the easiest time for me to get through.

Will they send you written notice, yes they are supposed to, I the petitioner got written notice about 7 or 8 days after case was sent to consulate.

Best to ya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.