Adbaker01

Denied K1 at Consulate case still open, now new petition approved

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wanted to jump in and help you regarding the message you inboxed me so I looked at your prior conversations in forums and such. Honestly, I have heard about this happening over and over for women in your situation. It is so very uncommon in arabic culture to marry an older woman. In fact, it is bizarre to marry a woman that is the same age as you. I'm guessing you're American too right? Do you have any cultural ties to the Middle East? Does your fiance speak FLUENT English? These are all things that could have led to a denial. I've heard of other American women who are older than their arab male husbands/fiances and getting denied. It was easier for me because I am Arab too and I moved to Jordan to be with him. Also we are similar in age and he speaks English fluently and we met organically while I was on vacation in Jordan. He was the friend of a family member of mine. So my stuff all went through really fast and easy because there weren't any "red flags" I guess you could say. Unfortunately it is REALLY common for Arab men to coax American women into marrying them when their intentions are Green Card driven. It's sad but true. I personally have seen it happen more times than I can count. And people like yourself who have genuine relationships often have to pay the price because of that stereotype. The best thing I could advise you on is making sure he knows EVERYTHING about you and make sure that he shows off his English skills. Also, when was the last time that you were together? I sent them photos of us that were taken like days before I applied for the VISA so that they knew that we were recently together. Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wanted to jump in and help you regarding the message you inboxed me so I looked at your prior conversations in forums and such. Honestly, I have heard about this happening over and over for women in your situation. It is so very uncommon in arabic culture to marry an older woman. In fact, it is bizarre to marry a woman that is the same age as you. I'm guessing you're American too right? Do you have any cultural ties to the Middle East? Does your fiance speak FLUENT English? These are all things that could have led to a denial. I've heard of other American women who are older than their arab male husbands/fiances and getting denied. It was easier for me because I am Arab too and I moved to Jordan to be with him. Also we are similar in age and he speaks English fluently and we met organically while I was on vacation in Jordan. He was the friend of a family member of mine. So my stuff all went through really fast and easy because there weren't any "red flags" I guess you could say. Unfortunately it is REALLY common for Arab men to coax American women into marrying them when their intentions are Green Card driven. It's sad but true. I personally have seen it happen more times than I can count. And people like yourself who have genuine relationships often have to pay the price because of that stereotype. The best thing I could advise you on is making sure he knows EVERYTHING about you and make sure that he shows off his English skills. Also, when was the last time that you were together? I sent them photos of us that were taken like days before I applied for the VISA so that they knew that we were recently together. Best of luck!

Speaking English isn't a requirement to receive the K1 visa.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.