E-N

something interesting on ceac website

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know there are lots of people waiting to get their NVC case numbers but tonight something I noticed . the last three digits of your case number indicates I believe what number you were arriving to the NVC. I am not sure if it was for that day or from your particular consulate. For instance, we are LND(London) and I noticed if I erased my last three digits and kept going up in number, it went all the way up to mid thirties which, makes me wonder to they currently have 35 cases of petitions going to London...it would not let me get to 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ect so, makes me think there are 35 approved cases awaiting to go to London? In the mix of things, could this very well be for people that have been waiting and told their cases weren't there but they really are there in the mix of those numbers? Maybe I am imagining things but....dunno! I was told my case was shipped today but as of now it still says "At NVC" of which all the others did in playing with numbers. Perhaps all will be shipped together or still processing who knows. I am sure mine will leave the NVC tomorrow as they ship the next day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the NVC forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Hi, I actually tried it today too since there are very few cases for Bratislava embassy where my case will be processed so it makes it a little easier to understand the logics behind it all and I am sure it means the order in which the case was inserted into NVC system (not physical arrival of the case to NVC) for particular embassy on that exact day. I dont think they ship those 35 cases together...it simply indicates in which order they were put into their system. It should contain K-1 just as CR/IR1 so it wouldnt make sense if they were shipping all together since IR/CR1 usually take longer. If the number goes up to 35 then it should only mean on that day there were 35 cases inserted into their system for London embassy. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong. This is only based on my own observations :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

oh ok that makes more sense! It is interesting though on the website it still says my case is at NVC but yesterday I called and they said it was shipped to embassy. wonder how long it takes to update?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.