7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

my hubby went for his IR visa interview today and was denied. Yep denied. He pretty much told me everything that happened.

He arrived on time but somehow got in last...Funny isnt it. the pre interview was smooth too. The interview was the problem spot. He said he answered all the questions relating to me perfectly and CO asked to see pics which he gave to him, then the tide changed when he asked him about our previous marriages. particularly his ex wife living in the country and who had applied for a visiting visa to visit him while in the US as at the time we were dating. She was denied anyway. He answered in the best way he could but the CO pestered him more and asked if i met his mom when i came to Nigeria of course i didnt..DING!!! another big one and then he asked him if he had met mine and he answered yes. He also reported that he was asked why i have not visited since 2012 when we got married. He informed him of my health status and that i had to put an insurance on my flight to return in case of any emergency because my doctors said i shouldnt travel cos i cant take any shot my body couldnt handle it plus my medication ( I HAD A HEART TRANSPLANT IN 1989 AND A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT TOO) since 2013 my health hasnt been good my kidney is down and i do dialysis 3 times a week.

Anyways it was denied and on its way back to NVC the white sheet states but my co worker said its USCIS.

There you have it. truth is i am aware of all the red flags and we genuinely love each other, he has been a great guy an open book to read and our families are so really intergrated.

I have fought many battles some with him and did came out a better person. One good thing that drives us on is Christ. WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM.

Feel free to help us out....we really need your guide, got any info on what to do next or what to expect pls shoot we can take it.

thanks everyone.

JOURNEY ON

USCIS

2012-12-20 - Marriage
2013-09-10 - I-130 Sent
2013-09-13- Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
Priority Date : 2013-09-13
2013-12-30- RFE RECEIVED
2014-01-25- RFE RESPONDED TO VIA MAIL
2014-01-27- RFE ACKNOWLEDGED AND PUT IN REVIEW
2014-02-24 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
2014-03-04 - NVC RECEIVED
2014-04-03 - NVC CASE NUMBER RCVD
2014-04-07 - DS 261 FILLED N SUBMITTED
2014/04/09 - AOS bill Available and paid
2014/04/09 - IV bill available and paid
2014/05/07 - AOS & IV PACKAGE SENT TO NVC
2014/05/07 - DS 260 SUBMITTED
2014/05/09 - NVC ACKNOWLEDGED RECEIPT OF PACKAGE
2014/08/15 - Case Complete
CONSULATE
09/16/14 : Medical
11/12/14 : Interview AND DENIED
xx/xx/xx : Visa in hand
xx/xx/xx : POE
"KEEP THE FAITH..."

Timeline

Am so sorry this happened. I think the CO had his doubts when he discovered his ex wife wanted to visit him while he was dating you. Lagos Consulate is a tough one when it comes to visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

my hubby went for his IR visa interview today and was denied. Yep denied. He pretty much told me everything that happened.

He arrived on time but somehow got in last...Funny isnt it. the pre interview was smooth too. The interview was the problem spot. He said he answered all the questions relating to me perfectly and CO asked to see pics which he gave to him, then the tide changed when he asked him about our previous marriages. particularly his ex wife living in the country and who had applied for a visiting visa to visit him while in the US as at the time we were dating. She was denied anyway. He answered in the best way he could but the CO pestered him more and asked if i met his mom when i came to Nigeria of course i didnt..DING!!! another big one and then he asked him if he had met mine and he answered yes. He also reported that he was asked why i have not visited since 2012 when we got married. He informed him of my health status and that i had to put an insurance on my flight to return in case of any emergency because my doctors said i shouldnt travel cos i cant take any shot my body couldnt handle it plus my medication ( I HAD A HEART TRANSPLANT IN 1989 AND A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT TOO) since 2013 my health hasnt been good my kidney is down and i do dialysis 3 times a week.

Anyways it was denied and on its way back to NVC the white sheet states but my co worker said its USCIS.

There you have it. truth is i am aware of all the red flags and we genuinely love each other, he has been a great guy an open book to read and our families are so really intergrated.

I have fought many battles some with him and did came out a better person. One good thing that drives us on is Christ. WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM.

Feel free to help us out....we really need your guide, got any info on what to do next or what to expect pls shoot we can take it.

thanks everyone.

I'm confused about the ex-wife. She was in Nigeria or US applying for a visitor Visa? You say he has meet your family so your husband has come to US on B1/B2 Visa?

Do you have a big age gap?

I do see alot of red flags. Is there a 3rd country you can meet at for a visit. If your petition gets reaffirm you really need to be able to show you have visited each other. There's 90 countries Nigerians don;t need a Visa to. Places where you don't need a shot.

You can involve your Senator and congressman but its really nothing they can do to expedite or hurry things. It's a waiting game now. But I know from previous denials that came back to USCIS they are a bit faster now. So maybe in about 4 to 5 months it should be back and you might get a letter saying what their decision. is.

Really sorry for your delay.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear this dear. I truly hope that if you try again things will work out the second time.

My heart sinks whenever i read a denial post.

~~~~Prayers for all who are going through a rough time.~~~~

~ Sofi

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear this dear. I truly hope that if you try again things will work out the second time.

My heart sinks whenever i read a denial post.

~~~~Prayers for all who are going through a rough time.~~~~

~ Sofi

Bless you Sofi,

my heart bleeds too. thank you so much. May your journey be smooth and free of hitches. I just got to hold on and see this to the end. First i need to get my health up and risk Lagos again against doctors order.

I need to see the consular myself if that what it takes to get my hubby back i just miss my husband.

thanks again.

JOURNEY ON

USCIS

2012-12-20 - Marriage
2013-09-10 - I-130 Sent
2013-12-30- RFE RECEIVED
CONSULATE
"KEEP THE FAITH..."

Timeline

I'm confused about the ex-wife. She was in Nigeria or US applying for a visitor Visa? You say he has meet your family so your husband has come to US on B1/B2 Visa?

Do you have a big age gap?

I do see alot of red flags. Is there a 3rd country you can meet at for a visit. If your petition gets reaffirm you really need to be able to show you have visited each other. There's 90 countries Nigerians don;t need a Visa to. Places where you don't need a shot.

You can involve your Senator and congressman but its really nothing they can do to expedite or hurry things. It's a waiting game now. But I know from previous denials that came back to USCIS they are a bit faster now. So maybe in about 4 to 5 months it should be back and you might get a letter saying what their decision. is.

Really sorry for your delay.

Hello Dwheels,

firstly let me thank you for your attention on my case.

As per confused dont be. I met my hubby while he was a student in the US and while we were dating and he was separated from his ex wife, his ex wife went to the embassy and tried to get a visitor visa to come to the US, He was in Nigeria when it happened. As per age difference i'm 4 years older. My mother in law not been at the civil ceremony is bull #######. we both got married the second time and dont need anyone's consent to do that culture or not. Why do they make people go with docs they never get to check and then faults one when in fact the info are right there and they spend 5-10mins throwing down ones future.Anyway these are my questions

1. do i get a lawyer now or just wait till USCIS gets in touch.

2. What are my chances with USCIS, PLS BE FRANK.

3. If we get affirmed again would been in Lagos with my hubby for the interview makes a Huge difference.

4. Right now what should we be focusing on?

Thanks Dwheel. i need to go do Dialysis. i do this 3 times a week. Going to any of those 90 countries means i have to prepare for Dialysis. As per shots and all that, i have had a heart transplant and equally diabetic and hypertensive. I'M WALKING BY GOD'S GRACE HENCE MY NOT VISITING SINCE 2012. Thats my life. My hubby by now u see I NEED HIM SO BAD.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks again

JOURNEY ON

USCIS

2012-12-20 - Marriage
2013-09-10 - I-130 Sent
2013-12-30- RFE RECEIVED
CONSULATE
"KEEP THE FAITH..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Dwheels,

firstly let me thank you for your attention on my case.

As per confused dont be. I met my hubby while he was a student in the US and while we were dating and he was separated from his ex wife, his ex wife went to the embassy and tried to get a visitor visa to come to the US, He was in Nigeria when it happened. As per age difference i'm 4 years older. My mother in law not been at the civil ceremony is bull #######. we both got married the second time and dont need anyone's consent to do that culture or not. Why do they make people go with docs they never get to check and then faults one when in fact the info are right there and they spend 5-10mins throwing down ones future.Anyway these are my questions

2. What are my chances with USCIS, PLS BE FRANK.

3. If we get affirmed again would been in Lagos with my hubby for the interview makes a Huge difference.

4. Right now what should we be focusing on?

Thanks Dwheel. i need to go do Dialysis. i do this 3 times a week. Going to any of those 90 countries means i have to prepare for Dialysis. As per shots and all that, i have had a heart transplant and equally diabetic and hypertensive. I'M WALKING BY GOD'S GRACE HENCE MY NOT VISITING SINCE 2012. Thats my life. My hubby by now u see I NEED HIM SO BAD.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks again

Well sorry to hear of all you are going through. okay to you questions.

Well a lawyer really can't do anything for you at this point two things will happen:

The application is forwarded to USCIS with a memorandum explaining the case as presented at the time of the interview. The consulate does not handle the case any further until a clearance is obtained from USCIS.

The following are the next steps that take place

• Petition is returned to the United States by the interviewing consulate for “further review” in what is called a diplomatic pouch.
  • Returned petition is received by the NVC. It is reviewed and entered into the fraud database by fraud management.
  • Returned petition is sent to the local USCIS service center where the petition was originally filed and approved.
  • Local service center receives returned petition.
  • Local service center who processed the original petition sends a notice of receipt to the petitioner.
  • Local service center reviews the returned petition and consular officer notes on the case.
  • Local service center then sends either a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) or NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) to the petitioner also asking for more proof of the relationship, many cases have specific consular objections to rebut.
  • Petitioner is given 30-60 days from date of NOIR/NOID (depending on the service center) to respond with additional evidence of the relationship or other specific evidence. The timeframe to respond will be provided in the letter.
  • Local service center receives evidence…if in the timeframe given (30-60 days) the case is reviewed and either original approval is reaffirmed or the petition is officially denied.
  • If the petition is denied the local service center sends the petitioner an ‘official’ denial letter. This can be officially appealed if the denial letter states such.
  • If the petition is reaffirmed the local service center sends the petitioner an official notice of reaffirmation.
  • Local service center sends the reaffirmed petition AND its evidence provided in the rebuttal directly to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa.
  • Consulate notifies the beneficiary of a new interview date.
  • Beneficiary has interview for the reaffirmed petition and the visa is either issued, or the case in placed in Administrative Processing which after cleared a visa is issued, or worst case scenario it is denied via Section 221(g) and returned again to the USCIS with a recommendation for revocation.

2. What are my chances with USCIS, PLS BE FRANK? Have no idea because have no idea why they denied. I am sure the long time away and your health has a big part in that. So I am sure they will want evidence to why you can't travel.

3. If we get affirmed again would been in Lagos with my hubby for the interview makes a Huge difference? Don't know if it will make a dfference. But a visit in itself you need its been 2 years thats a long long time..

4. Right now what should we be focusing on? You should be on the phone immediately to your congressman or Senator NOWish . They should have been involved the minute you got denied.

Nothing else you can do but wait but get them involved for sure. call tomorrow get things rollin.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.