KemarW

IRS rounded up income on tax return - Got Checklisted!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey VJ family. We just got checklisted! :cry: . My parents received a checklist via email for our AOS packet, this is part of the email we received:

Checklist for I-864A (filed by LAST NAME, FIRST NAME)

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is
required to complete the financial evidence review. Please provide all requested documents and
refer to page two for mailing instructions.
General Instructions
[x] You will need to complete and submit the new form completely filled out (all pages required), which includes
the changes noted below. Submitting single pages of the form with the correction is not acceptable. In order
to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.
Part 1 Information on the Household Member
[x] LAST NAME, FIRST NAME's income indicated on line 11 of the I-864A does not correspond to that shown on
the most recent tax return and W-2(s).
[LBL 11/11/2014]

We did review the documents and the values on the tax return does NOT match the W-2 because the tax return was rounded UP by the IRS. What we wrote on the I-864A was the income from the tax return and NOT the W-2. But either way we would have gotten checklisted because all the values don't match (precisely).

Example:

-Tax return: $56,982.80

-I-864A: $56,982.80

-W-2: $56,982.79

This is just silly, its not our fault the IRS rounded up the figure.

Is there anyway for us rectify this problem and NOT have to resend the form and wait another 60 day for them to get to our AOS packet again, because It really wasn't our fault.

Other case details:

-Visa class: IR-2

-Case filed by my step dad (USC), mother (LPR) is the co-sponsor, also, the checklist is for her income

-We already submitted our IV packet 60 days ago with the first AOS packet.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you resolve it?

What our next step (best)?

Thanks for the help guys.

:) but :cry:

I didn't even think W-2s were required to submit. Just the 1040 for the most recent tax year. Maybe my understanding only applies to direct consular filing?

September 25th: I-130 Emergency petition filed at US Embassy in Lima.

October 3rd: I-130 Petition Approved.

October 10th: Consular Section sent checklist and notification scheduling my spouse's visa interview for November 13th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.