Megan & Luke

Pennsylvania Congressman/Senator

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I were assigned to the Texas Service Center because I (the petitioner) am a resident of Pennsylvania. As we inch closer to being 5 months out from our NOA1 date (July 8), I am preparing letters to send to my Senator and Congressmen/women. I wanted to know if anyone had already dealt with any of our representatives recently? I am not sure whether to call or mail letters, or both, and if anyone had recent dealings with them how it went.

Senators

Robert Casey Jr.

Patrick Toomey

Congressmen

We have 18 representatives, I am not sure which one to contact specifically - or do I just contact all of them.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_pa

I would assume I am looking for those with committee assignments close to what I am trying to do, Dept of Homeland Security, Immigration, Government oversight, etc.

Please note: I understand that USCIS.gov shows an April processing date. I know that we will only be just out from 5 months. I am fully aware I can be turned away because of these reasons, but I don't need to debate that here, I will attempt whatever I need to in order to bring my fiance here with me.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Hello - We are also a PA/UK applicant and have the same attitude. We are approaching the 4 month mark and fed up of waiting so decided to contact PA's congressman/senators to see if they could do anything to help and draw attention to the vast difference between the 2 service centres. And if it doesn't work that at least you have tried.

I read a lot about senators/congressmen in other states not being helpful but that is the complete opposite to PA's. We contacted Robert Casey Jr. and Patrick Toomey and their representatives were extremely polite and helpful and said they will do all they can to help us get a sooner approval. However the most helpful has been congressman Glenn Thompson who has been pushing the hardest for us - so I would highly recommend dropping his office an email also. They all replied within 1 day of us contacting them so they are quite efficient.

I wish you luck ... its worth a try and better than sitting idle!

Jason

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes I have worked with my Congress person. I filled in a waiver form and they called USCIS on my behalf. My case went from "oops someone here forgot it" to in progress in less than 48 hours.

Please note, my case had no issues, my fiance had lived in the USA for 2 years previously, and we've been a couple for 4 years. From filing at the lockbox to USCIS NOA, took over 8 months! We had an excellent case with literally zero issues, sometimes people really just don't care and blow you off.

Keep calling.

Legal immigration should not be this difficult. No one should have to beg to marry the love of their life, when other citizens of the same country can elope anytime. (venting)

I wish you luck :-)

Timeline

Hello - We are also a PA/UK applicant and have the same attitude. We are approaching the 4 month mark and fed up of waiting so decided to contact PA's congressman/senators to see if they could do anything to help and draw attention to the vast difference between the 2 service centres. And if it doesn't work that at least you have tried.

I read a lot about senators/congressmen in other states not being helpful but that is the complete opposite to PA's. We contacted Robert Casey Jr. and Patrick Toomey and their representatives were extremely polite and helpful and said they will do all they can to help us get a sooner approval. However the most helpful has been congressman Glenn Thompson who has been pushing the hardest for us - so I would highly recommend dropping his office an email also. They all replied within 1 day of us contacting them so they are quite efficient.

I wish you luck ... its worth a try and better than sitting idle!

Jason

This is great news! I'm glad to hear we have agreeable representatives. I know it will be getting busy with the coming holidays, so I will definitely start with the representatives you mentioned.

Thank you! :)

YVjFm5.png

Timeline

Yes I have worked with my Congress person. I filled in a waiver form and they called USCIS on my behalf. My case went from "oops someone here forgot it" to in progress in less than 48 hours.

Please note, my case had no issues, my fiance had lived in the USA for 2 years previously, and we've been a couple for 4 years. From filing at the lockbox to USCIS NOA, took over 8 months! We had an excellent case with literally zero issues, sometimes people really just don't care and blow you off.

Keep calling.

Legal immigration should not be this difficult. No one should have to beg to marry the love of their life, when other citizens of the same country can elope anytime. (venting)

I wish you luck :-)

Agreed. It should not be this difficult for legal immigration. My fiance and I are only a few years in age apart, both have solid jobs, a long standing relationship with proof, we've both met each others family, no previous marriages, children, criminal records.. I know we probably sound whiny because in all truth 5-6 months isn't that long.. but it is once you've decided you want to be with someone and finally have the means to do it. Thanks for the vote of confidence, I will definitely be giving this a shot!

YVjFm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I were assigned to the Texas Service Center because I (the petitioner) am a resident of Pennsylvania. As we inch closer to being 5 months out from our NOA1 date (July 8), I am preparing letters to send to my Senator and Congressmen/women. I wanted to know if anyone had already dealt with any of our representatives recently? I am not sure whether to call or mail letters, or both, and if anyone had recent dealings with them how it went.

Senators

Robert Casey Jr.

Patrick Toomey

Congressmen

We have 18 representatives, I am not sure which one to contact specifically - or do I just contact all of them.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_pa

I would assume I am looking for those with committee assignments close to what I am trying to do, Dept of Homeland Security, Immigration, Government oversight, etc.

Please note: I understand that USCIS.gov shows an April processing date. I know that we will only be just out from 5 months. I am fully aware I can be turned away because of these reasons, but I don't need to debate that here, I will attempt whatever I need to in order to bring my fiance here with me.

Thank you in advance!

The congress person you should contact is the one that represents the district you are in. If you contact another one, odds are their office will direct you to contact your own district's office.

Also, they will all require you to sign a release form (as amira2 mentioned), allowing them to use your personal info to contact USCIS.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.