Jsingh14

NVC Expedite

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My Medical Expedite was denied with no explanation. I called NVC to get an explanation and got none. I asked to speak to Supervisor and was told None available on two different days, the rep just said call back. Has anyone gone through this? any feedback on what I should do will be appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Were you expedited through USCIS for the same medical reason?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Were you expedited through USCIS for the same medical reason?

good luck

Its actually do to my mother's health. Its hard to balance work life and personal with her condition. I just need explanation from supervisor on what basis they denied.... Thank you

Timeline

Was your case expedited through NVC for the same medical reason?

good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

Was your case expedited through NVC for the same medical reason?

good luck

Sorry forgot to mention, no i did not. Her condition has gotten worse.

Timeline

What is the reason for the expedite? As in, how can your fiance arriving in the US help you with your work/life balance?

On the surface, NVC doesn't care about your work life balance, it is not their job to help you manage your life. Please give more details

good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

What is the reason for the expedite? As in, how can your fiance arriving in the US help you with your work/life balance?

On the surface, NVC doesn't care about your work life balance, it is not their job to help you manage your life. Please give more details

good luck

As I said before this was a medical expedite, I wasn't expecting to explain my case for you to tell me if my reason for expedite is legitimate. I was looking for help in contacting NVC to get answers. Seems you are more concerned about why I should be expedited rather then helping in anyway to contact someone who maybe able to help.

Well if you care.....I was able to speak to supervisor at NVC and was directed to contact the embassy since they denied my Medical expedite. Embassy needed more info on the expedite to approve, resubmitted expedite.

Timeline

Dude - If I didn't care I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to you 4 times. I'm trying to help. Stop being rude since I'm the ONLY one trying to offer you advice.

The reason for the expedite can dictate how you proceed. For example, if it was YOUR medical emergency I would suggest going to a senator or congressman with a detailed letter from your doctor. But it isn't, so that doesn't apply.

If your fiancé was a registered nurse who had a job lined up with a company that would offer care to your mother, I would suggest you contact your fiancé's future employer to have a detailed letter from them explaining the skills your fiancé has that would benefit your mother.

Finally - if it was an extreme financial drain upon you and you could show how your fiancé arriving in the US would not only help your mother, but alleviate your financial burden, then I would suggest adding banking documents to your next contact with NVC.

So...as you can see, details regarding your case CAN be helpful in advising you on how to proceed.

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

Dude - If I didn't care I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to you 4 times. I'm trying to help. Stop being rude since I'm the ONLY one trying to offer you advice.

The reason for the expedite can dictate how you proceed. For example, if it was YOUR medical emergency I would suggest going to a senator or congressman with a detailed letter from your doctor. But it isn't, so that doesn't apply.

If your fiancé was a registered nurse who had a job lined up with a company that would offer care to your mother, I would suggest you contact your fiancé's future employer to have a detailed letter from them explaining the skills your fiancé has that would benefit your mother.

Finally - if it was an extreme financial drain upon you and you could show how your fiancé arriving in the US would not only help your mother, but alleviate your financial burden, then I would suggest adding banking documents to your next contact with NVC.

So...as you can see, details regarding your case CAN be helpful in advising you on how to proceed.

It seemed like you were not concerned with helping, and I apologize for that. Your info is exactly what NVC supervisor mentioned and Embassy asked for financial docs since it is also affecting me financially.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.