Niceb

Concerns about the interview date

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Finally my case number will be coming up in January (case number EU135XX), which I am super excited about. However, there is one little problem. I am Irish and I live in Brazil. I chose to be interviewed in Rio because of this. My husband and I will be in Ireland over Christmas until the 11th January. Given that the numbers run to EU16000, I am worried that our interview will be before we are back in Brazil and also that we won't have time to do the medicals. Does anyone know approximately when I will receive the interview date notification? Is it possible to contact the KC centre and get the interview rescheduled in Dublin early January (which would save us a lot of expense, as we will have to fly to Rio twice; for the medicals and interviews and take two unpaid leave days off work)?

Edited by Niceb

Interview letters will probably be posted to the website this week but I'd suggest you call KCC as soon as they open tomorrow to see if they have a date for you yet, or alternatively if there is still time to transfer the interview to Dublin, although if they do this you are unlikely to be able to dictate when in January you want it - so if you can't easily extend your stay it may not be worthwhile doing this.

Incidentally - while the case numbers determine the month, they are not scheduled in chronological order during the month - so your interview could be anytime in January, not necessarily early in the month.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I called KCC again yesterday. I have a date, which is unfortunately the 6th of January. I haven't received a second letter, nor is it online. I don't return to Brazil until the 11th January. I asked the lady in KCC what can I do. She said to call the embassy and see if they could change the date. I tried both the embassy in Rio and Dublin and all I could get through to was a voice machine. I tried to find email addresses to contact them, found one for Rio but none for Dublin. I sent the embassy in Rio and KCC asking if were possible to change the date or location. At the moment I am in a state of panic as it's going to be really difficult to change our flights due to the time of year. Has anyone been in a situation like this before?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just to update. My interview is on the 6th January. I tried to change the interview to Dublin however, the Rio embassy informed me that it would take at least 7 months to change posts, and there was a high chance that I wouldn't end up getting an interview at all. Rather than running the risk of losing my chance (after 13 years of entering the DV lottery), I changed all my flights, etc at a huge cost. However, I am excited that the possibility of getting a Green card is now really high. Fingers crossed!

Just to update. My interview is on the 6th January. I tried to change the interview to Dublin however, the Rio embassy informed me that it would take at least 7 months to change posts, and there was a high chance that I wouldn't end up getting an interview at all. Rather than running the risk of losing my chance (after 13 years of entering the DV lottery), I changed all my flights, etc at a huge cost. However, I am excited that the possibility of getting a Green card is now really high. Fingers crossed!

Interesting that they said it would take that long - thanks for sharing that info.

Good luck with the interview and medical stuff and getting that green card :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.