Bambi & João

Where will AOS Interview be if my husband came to Michigan on K1??

23 posts in this topic

My cousin's joint sponsor had a household size of 7 people and made $2k less and had no issues, the income is definitely not the problem because it is way over the minimum. Who told you that it was because of the income? It has to be something wrong in the paperwork. Did you submit proof of current employment for the joint sponsor? Did you go over each page of the I-864?

If you could provide a list of what you included for both yourselves and your joint sponsor we can break it down to see if something's missing. Only list what you submitted in regards to the financial part, not for the rest of the package. Then if it's not the paperwork, we can go over the actual form to check if something was unchecked or something.

They are saying we don't have enough income but my joint sponsor made 87000 last year. He has a wife and 3 kids but still made enought. So frustrated!

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think it is because if the transcripts I sent. We chose the ones suggested for immigration and they were hard to understand. My brothers wife files because she works for a regular employer but she only made $23,000. My brother is a self employed mechanic and it was listed under "other" on the transcript. Today when we went into the website and chose " employment verification", it printed out and was listed as income but it was farther down the page. I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask. I'm also going to inquire about the travel documents because even though he missed his moms funeral, his dad needs his help to get stuff taken care of. I'm praying that the USCIS just didn't read the transcript correctly.

February 13, 2011 I met the love of my life!!

February 21, 2013 He proposed in Rio de Janeiro at Ipanema Beach Post 9!!!!!

May 1, 2013 Petition mailed to USCIS
May 3, 3013 Petition Received by USCIS
May 7, 2013 NOA 1
September 11, 2013 Text and email saying USCIS APPROVED
September 13, NOA2 received
October 10, 2013 files sent to NVC
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.
October 22, 2013 marked as IN TRANSIT
October 23, 2013 Consulate received and later that same day marked as READY
October 31, 2013 Packet 3 &4
November 27, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE!!!

December 16, 2013 FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

December 18, VISA IN HAND!!!!

Flight to USA January 15, 2014

Arrives in Michigan January 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM!!!!

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Then that's the issue, he is self employed. When they are self employed they want the schedule C from his taxes. In cases of self employment I just send in a copies of the full returns instead of the transcripts. In my case they also wanted a letter of self employment. Also if he is combining his income with his wife, she needs to fill out an I-864A.

Remember that they have to see proof that the employment is current for both of them.

Timeline

Boo!!! Just remembered its Veterans Day so I have to call Wednesday!

With the visa, we sent the returns and his tax preparer is HORRIBLE. He printed them with a printer that either had very little ink or a dirty print head. I was forced to overnight the originals which were barely readable to Rio via FedEx. $139 to ship, insane stress, and a 4 week delay later he was approved. I can't believe its the same ####### with the AOS. Unfortunately, my brothers originals from prior years are somewhere in the US EMBASSY in Rio. Hes been doing a complete remodel of his house and it's crazy disorganized. I hope the other form will work. If not, my husband is doing volunteer work as a guitar teacher here for a really amazing non profit organization that teaches kids music. Hoping by the time he can work, people know him well enough that he can get paid to do what he lives. He was a guitar teacher in Brazil too. The owner and founder of the organization has volunteered to be a joint sponsor as well. I was hoping not to do that but it's at least another option.

At least with the AOS stress he's with me instead of 5200 miles away but now his poor dad is alone in Brazil.

May 7, 2013 NOA 1
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Well you have to get your hands on a copy of that return because even if you don't use the full return, the I-864 requires that he shows the schedule C because he is self employed. Is it possible that his tax guy can just email the returns to you guys and you could just print them yourselves? Or check on the IRS website again if there is an option for the actual return, instead of the transcripts.

Timeline

I'm an idiot but exactly what is schedule C?

May 7, 2013 NOA 1

event.png

event.png

Schedule C is a form that is filed with your taxes when you are self-employed or own your own business. It is basically a summary of the profits and losses from a business or from being self employed.

When you are self employed, the I-864 requires this form. This is why it's better to send in the full return in these kind of cases. I remember my cousin got a checklist for not providing it and they also wanted a letter of self employment.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.