nsolo

NOA2 Questions

5 posts in this topic

I received my NOA2 hard copy yesterday. Have a few questions...

01: For K1 petition, am I suppose to have a priority date? Mine is blank.

02: In the PETITIONER and BENEFICIARY boxes, they have our names printed and A numbers.

What do these A and nine numbers mean?

03: In the Notice Type box, it says Approved Notice Valid from mm/dd/2014 to mm/dd/2015.

What should happen during the time frame and what happens after it expires?

04: In the main message box, it says the following...

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate."

My questions are....

a) Do all NOA2s say that, or mine is exceptional?

b) Although it says forwarded to listed consulate, there is no where in the notice it mentioned which consulate they forwarded to.

Thanks in advance!

No PD for immediate relatives of USC's, including fiances.

The A number is like an identifying number for immigrants, kind of like an SSN. They are unique to each immigrant.

Do not worry about this, The CO can revalidate the petition if it expires.

The K1 petition is forwarded to the embassy/consulate where the beneficiary lives in order to apply for a visa. I think it's sent to the NVC first, then to the consulate.

The consulate would be based on your beneficiary's address, so it would be the American consulate that covers her area.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello, At least there is movement on your application. I am still in the middile of this progress with our file now in Phnom Penh. Go to your country specific Portal and see if you can obtain instructions as to how to procede once your fiance recieves the letter from NVC that has a case # and more information. Here in Cambodia, we do not recieve a "PACKET #3". I waited for about 2 weeks after the date of the NVC notice and sent the US Embassy documents requested on "Form Optional 169"- which seems to be country specific. We now have an interview date. I do not know what would have happened if we just waited to hear from the US embassy here.. I hope this helps a tiny bit.

I received my NOA2 hard copy yesterday. Have a few questions...

01: For K1 petition, am I suppose to have a priority date? Mine is blank.

02: In the PETITIONER and BENEFICIARY boxes, they have our names printed and A numbers.

What do these A and nine numbers mean?

03: In the Notice Type box, it says Approved Notice Valid from mm/dd/2014 to mm/dd/2015.

What should happen during the time frame and what happens after it expires?

04: In the main message box, it says the following...

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate."

My questions are....

a) Do all NOA2s say that, or mine is exceptional?

b) Although it says forwarded to listed consulate, there is no where in the notice it mentioned which consulate they forwarded to.

Thanks in advance!

1.To me if you are doing K-1 visa, there is no priority date.

2. A-number is like Identification number that is using in US homeland security department system.

3.Not sure about it, but I would guess they give you certain amount of time to reply to them, otherwise petition will be expired.

4. Even though they say that, but every visa petition has to go through NVC for case assignment and then go to consulate.

a) usual message on NOA2

b) it should be on your I-129f petition where you asked them to send your petition.

Thanks for all your replies guys. Appreciate them very much!

I called USCIS at 5:44pm PST and boy I was connected to them within 15 seconds. That was the first.

Anyway, the lady told me that the A numbers are our alien numbers. And also, she did confirm that our petition was indeed sent to the embassy. Not NVC.

No PD for immediate relatives of USC's, including fiances.

The A number is like an identifying number for immigrants, kind of like an SSN. They are unique to each immigrant.

Do not worry about this, The CO can revalidate the petition if it expires.

The K1 petition is forwarded to the embassy/consulate where the beneficiary lives in order to apply for a visa. I think it's sent to the NVC first, then to the consulate.

The consulate would be based on your beneficiary's address, so it would be the American consulate that covers her area.

1.To me if you are doing K-1 visa, there is no priority date.

2. A-number is like Identification number that is using in US homeland security department system.

3.Not sure about it, but I would guess they give you certain amount of time to reply to them, otherwise petition will be expired.

4. Even though they say that, but every visa petition has to go through NVC for case assignment and then go to consulate.

a) usual message on NOA2

b) it should be on your I-129f petition where you asked them to send your petition.

Hello, At least there is movement on your application. I am still in the middile of this progress with our file now in Phnom Penh. Go to your country specific Portal and see if you can obtain instructions as to how to procede once your fiance recieves the letter from NVC that has a case # and more information. Here in Cambodia, we do not recieve a "PACKET #3". I waited for about 2 weeks after the date of the NVC notice and sent the US Embassy documents requested on "Form Optional 169"- which seems to be country specific. We now have an interview date. I do not know what would have happened if we just waited to hear from the US embassy here.. I hope this helps a tiny bit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.