8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm a bit worried. My fiance sent the packet last Oct 6, 2014 via USPS and according to the USPS website it has been delivered Oct 10, 2014. He sent it to the Dallas, TX address as instructed on the USCIS website. He used money order and according to him it has been cleared the following day when he checked his bank account. But until now, he hasn't received any notification through email or text message and no NOA1 yet from the mail. Help!

You have to wait 30 days before contacting the USCIS. If you do so before they will just tell you the same thing. Just hang in tight, you have about a week left before you can request information and contact them and they should be able to tell you what you have to do.

Timeline

Thank you so much! He tried to contact USCIS but was advised to wait too for 30 days. I'm just wondering why he hasn't received any notification from USCIS when he attached a G-1145 form that they have received the packet. By the way, he sent it through the USPS to the PO BOX Dallas, Tx address. :(

For some reason it takes some longer to receive theirs than others. It also depends on the average length of time it takes your office to process. We received ours almost immediately but there are some who filed before us that haven't received theirs yet. Only the USCIS knows why it takes some so long and others not so long. Is there anything that could have affected receiving it, such as an accidental address misspelling on a form, or a recent move?

Timeline

Thanks for the info. My fiance had it double checked before sending the packet and he used his permanent address where he is currently residing. He used money order for the payment. I am not familiar how it works but he said that when he checked his bank account the following day, the money has been taken. He also used the G1145 form so he will be notified but no notification of receipt from the USCIS until now. :(

I'm not familiar with money orders but that could possibly be what's taking so long. I'd check around the threads to see if anyone else who filed had to wait a significant amount of time for their NOA due to money order.

Timeline

Aww!!! I really appreciate that! We really dunno what to do trying to figure things out. He couldnt call them within 30 days since they will definitely tell him to wait. We can't our status since we dont have a receipt number yet which is reflected on the noa1. You are amazing! Thank u!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Filing and Progress Reports -topic is filing/case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.