LibCampFireClub

Here’s How a Seasoned Political Observer Says Republicans Should Respond When They’re Called Racists

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Here’s How a Seasoned Political Observer Says Republicans Should Respond When They’re Called Racists
Krauthammer offered his advice for Republicans who get hit with the rhetorical charge of racism:
I think that when you’re accused of being a racist, you don’t even dignify the accusation with a response because then you’re conceding the premise. I have to prove I’m not a racist. I oppose the president because of his policies, I have since the beginning of his administration. If someone wants to imply it’s on account of his race, I will not give them the dignity of a response. That’s not America.

Well, maybe most of the time that's good advice. But, in this case, the guy's so bloody predictable that it adds pages and pages of fun to a thread.
Edited by ExExpat

WOW you almost lost your cool. Maybe in year or two you might work up to raising your voice

Nope. The second I lose my cool, what little cred I do have here is gone for good. It's a luxury I don't have.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

He has cred????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Crystal. Now let me be clear:

When a member has consistently made bigoted and inflammatory comments on such a daily basis that it's to be expected, what is the appropriate response? Do we give them the benefit of the doubt and wipe the slate clean every time? Is that person exempt from any presumption even though they've shown they're bigoted towards certain individuals in 99% of their posts?

I've watched this member disrespect my religion, my ethnicity, and others. So I'm more apt to see it, even when you don't.

Jesus said to forgive your brother 7 times 70.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Me? Of course not. Why would I be posting here on VJ with an expectation of having any? It's pure entertainment watching you behave as if anything you write here actually matters to a hill of beans in a day.

Guess some of us have integrity, even on a message board.

Jesus said to forgive your brother 7 times 70.

I'm pretty sure Exexpat is already past the 490 mark.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Nope. The second I lose my cool, what little cred I do have here is gone for good. It's a luxury I don't have.

Marvin has to try twice as hard as the white posters to gt the same effect

You mean like this

quote-that-s-all-hymie-wants-to-talk-abo

www-freedumbnation-com_blackpantherparty

Yep, but I also mean this:

Jim Crow

Segregation

KKK

Slavery

When black folks here start enslaving white people, get at me.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yep, but I also mean this:

Jim Crow

Segregation

KKK

Slavery

Awesome. You got anything , say in the last 30 or 40 years

Filed: Other Timeline

I think they have a paid by US taxpayer scholarship to learn that at the US university level these days. The only catch is they have to hire a conservative CEO to run the plantation.