myleene2014

Citizenship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im a filipino i didnt apply for dual citizenship im a us citizen since i was 10 years old so my question is my nationality/citizen is AMERICAN? And do i have alien number? Coz the only proof i have is my us passport im having a hard time answering the form G325a thanks a lot

Do you mean you are Filipino-born with a US passport? If you hold a US passport, then you are a US citizen (on the form you may type USA or American). Alien numbers are for non-US citizens. You don't have to enter a number in the item that asks for an alien number, since you are a US citizen.

Timeline

Ahh ok thanks yup i was born in Philipines came to us when i was 5 years old through my parents and got my us citizen when i was 10 i think so i will put none or n/a in the Alien Number? Thanks a lot

Ahh ok thanks yup i was born in Philipines came to us when i was 5 years old through my parents and got my us citizen when i was 10 i think so i will put none or n/a in the Alien Number? Thanks a lot

Correct, you don't have to type in an Alien Number. You can leave it blank. You're welcome. :)

Edited by M and C

No. That number stays with you for life. If the form asks for it, you need to put it even if you are a USC. If you came here when you were five you had to have been an LPR first, which means you have an A number. Only those who are citizens at birth, wouldn't have one.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They do not have to list it if they do not know it. They are a USC and need to prove their US citizenship for the I-129F petition. Obtaining citizenship from a parent and providing copies of all pages of their US passport will do it. The A# can be left blank on the forms. People have been approved with and without listing the A# they had before becoming a USC.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks for all the response i will leave it blank to be safe and when they ask my Alien Number i will find a way to look for it thanks a lot

Like kaydeecee said, you don't need it if you don't know it because you are a USC. However, if you want to find it you can try checking in the passport that you used to enter the US. It would be stamped in there somewhere, or if you have a certificate of citizenship, it would be on there too. Also if you have a copy of your GC lying around somewhere too.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.