Fuji1978

Scheduling the interview in Ghana

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

For the US Embassy in Ghana, K-1 Visa, do we fill out a DS-160 online now or wait to be instructed to do so in the packed once the embassy processes the paperwork from NVC? Also, will they schedule the interview, or do we have to schedule one ourselves online? Any assistance from Ghana applicants would be greatly appreciated, because I've read the process is different for each consulate. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You should wait until instructed. One the embassy recieved your paperwork from NVC you'll be able to proceed. About two weeks after you get your case number email the embassy to schedule a date to pick up your packets. They will mail your notice but more than likely you won't recieve the notice or it will come extremely late.

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Timeline

The embassy will schedule your interview. When you go to pick up your packets your appointment letter will be included. You will be notified by mail however once you recieve your case number wait about 3 or 3 weeks and email the embassy...include your and your fiancée dob, first and last name, visa type, and case number. They will then email you back with a date and time to pick the packet.

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

Texas Service Center

Timeline

The embassy will schedule your interview. When you go to pick up your packets your appointment letter will be included. You will be notified by mail however once you recieve your case number wait about 3 or 3 weeks and email the embassy...include your and your fiancée dob, first and last name, visa type, and case number. They will then email you back with a date and time to pick the packet.

Thank you, so we will have to contact the American Embassy to arrange for a pick up date for the packet? I was thinking they would send out an e-mail notification or something. NVC received my file and sent it to Accra a few days ago. So I should probably wait until next week to send the e-mail? My current status at CEAC still says "IN TRANSIT"

Timeline

Thank you, so we will have to contact the American Embassy to arrange for a pick up date for the packet? I was thinking they would send out an e-mail notification or something. NVC received my file and sent it to Accra a few days ago. So I should probably wait until next week to send the e-mail? My current status at CEAC still says "IN TRANSIT"

Please read my previous responses but I will answer your question again.... The embassy will send the notice via snail mail, however most of the time the beneficiary will receive the notice to pick up the packets after the scheduled appointment or won't receive it at all. My fiance received the notice like 2 weeks before his interview. For this reason you need to contact the embassy. It will take two to three weeks from receiving your case number from NVC for the embassy to receive your file and load it into the system. Even if your CEAC status says ready it may not be loaded in the system. This is why you wait about 3 weeks not a few days. The email address is IVDVACCRA@state.gov. Include the information that I posted in the previous responses.

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Got it, thank you so much!

you're welcome.

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Please read my previous responses but I will answer your question again.... The embassy will send the notice via snail mail, however most of the time the beneficiary will receive the notice to pick up the packets after the scheduled appointment or won't receive it at all. My fiance received the notice like 2 weeks before his interview. For this reason you need to contact the embassy. It will take two to three weeks from receiving your case number from NVC for the embassy to receive your file and load it into the system. Even if your CEAC status says ready it may not be loaded in the system. This is why you wait about 3 weeks not a few days. The email address is IVDVACCRA@state.gov. Include the information that I posted in the previous responses.

OK, so now we are at 3 weeks since the file left NVC, here's what I have done and what has happened. I need advice;

- about 10 day ago, e-mailed them - response = not loaded into system yet

- about 7 days ago, e-mailed them - response = we should bring a copy of the invitation letter to the embassy along with a statement of why we missed our appointment. Never got such a letter, nor was advised of any appointment.

- responded to that e-mail asking did we miss an appointment, please advise.... response = no response

- about 5 days ago, sent e-mail requesting to come pick up packet , response = no response

Somebody please help.....what are we to do? Will they let her into the embassy with that e-mail implying that we missed an appointment? I'm thinking probably not, and there is no phone number to call. Any advice? Please help.

Timeline

OK, so now we are at 3 weeks since the file left NVC, here's what I have done and what has happened. I need advice;

- about 10 day ago, e-mailed them - response = not loaded into system yet

- about 7 days ago, e-mailed them - response = we should bring a copy of the invitation letter to the embassy along with a statement of why we missed our appointment. Never got such a letter, nor was advised of any appointment.

- responded to that e-mail asking did we miss an appointment, please advise.... response = no response

- about 5 days ago, sent e-mail requesting to come pick up packet , response = no response

Somebody please help.....what are we to do? Will they let her into the embassy with that e-mail implying that we missed an appointment? I'm thinking probably not, and there is no phone number to call. Any advice? Please help.

Hey :-). What exactly did you put in the email? Can you copy and paste it?

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Hey :-). What exactly did you put in the email? Can you copy and paste it?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/522326-need-advice-us-embassy-in-accra-ghana/

Timeline

Maybe the person who answered the email misunderstood. I'd resend the email and state that the appointment was not missed and that you need to pick up a call letter not schedule an appointment. As the person who responded said make sure to indicate that you need to pick up a call letter. Let me know how it goes. I'd send the email tonight

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

Timeline

Maybe the person who answered the email misunderstood. I'd resend the email and state that the appointment was not missed and that you need to pick up a call letter not schedule an appointment. As the person who responded said make sure to indicate that you need to pick up a call letter. Let me know how it goes. I'd send the email tonight

Thanks again for your time.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I am taking notes... Afia, please update us.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.