31 posts in this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We've been on since 9-2005. Not yet complete

I would like to know who in this forum is on AP since the interview and how long ?

For those whose cases are completed how long did it take ?

:unsure:

Is there a list like the MENA group has ?

Any volunteers ?

I would like to know who in this forum is on AP since the interview and how long ?

Any volunteers ?

Awww Omoba, I hate to see you all get stuck in security checks! Are you calling the DOS to check on the status? I hope you find a quick end soon! Shouldn't be too long since you are already more than a month into it!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Any volunteers ?

Awww Omoba, I hate to see you all get stuck in security checks! Are you calling the DOS to check on the status? I hope you find a quick end soon! Shouldn't be too long since you are already more than a month into it!

It is not a security or name check. We don't know what it is except " investigation of K1 visa eligiblity". The DOS people are crazy and one asked me do I still want to pursue this?

Duh......that is why I called.

Another one said it was returned to the embassy Jan.3 ( not so ), another one said it never has left the embassy in the first place. The embassy did not request any additional items from my fiance, they have everything. So what could be going on that we are being investigated by the fraud unit ........we are a genuine couple and have all evidence to proof that.

I asked why we are singled out if it is not a security/name check and was told they are not allowed to disclose the reason. The uncertainty is too much to handle sometimes and today I am having a very hard time to deal with it. Add to that power failures at the internet cafe and crappy phone connections .......barely any communication for months on end.

Just nuts !!!

* Rant*Vent* runs off crying.......... :crying:

Any volunteers ?

It is not a security or name check. We don't know what it is except " investigation of K1 visa eligiblity". The DOS people are crazy and one asked me do I still want to pursue this?

Duh......that is why I called.

Another one said it was returned to the embassy Jan.3 ( not so ), another one said it never has left the embassy in the first place. The embassy did not request any additional items from my fiance, they have everything. So what could be going on that we are being investigated by the fraud unit ........we are a genuine couple and have all evidence to proof that.

I asked why we are singled out if it is not a security/name check and was told they are not allowed to disclose the reason. The uncertainty is too much to handle sometimes and today I am having a very hard time to deal with it. Add to that power failures at the internet cafe and crappy phone connections .......barely any communication for months on end.

Just nuts !!!

* Rant*Vent* runs off crying.......... :crying:

Do not lose hope! Do not let the government officials intimidate you. Another VJ member was actually told by USCIS that if she left the interview by the backdoor, they would take care of her husband! You will never get a "reason" for anything and tey will work only as fast as government works. In the end it will be resolved and all of this agony will melt away. I promise. (F)

Going through the "fraud" unit sounds so scary, but its just the government doing their job (very poorly and unfarily it seems) and you will just jumps the hoops, overcome the obstacles and it will be over eventually. LDR are hard enough without all this so keep in mind that you are just in the middle of the tunnel and while you can;t see the light at the end..it is there!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey girl,

The Embassy in Lagos claims that it will take at least 6 months for AP. However, I do believe that they do not do too much of anything except check with the local registars. How long does that take? I have heard that this embassy will keep you waiting bcoz they want to see how much YOU as the US Citizen will push. As you may know that Nigeria is the place where you can get a fake document to look real. SO all the proofs you can provide in paper print are really not relevant to your case. If you can afford it, just make several long trips back and forth & try to visit the Embassy.

Don't worry it is going to be ok is an understatement to tell someone coz I understand. But there is hope on the horizion....a bill has been proposed in Congress to put a time limit on the AP. The waiting is the part that puts your heart thru hell.

Maybe we all on here can write letters to our Congressmen/women in support of the bill.

:whistle: And NO ONE still CONTINUES TO LISTEN TO ME!

Edited by NaijaPrincess Need NaijaPrince

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

MBP, thanks for your kind and encouraging words.

NiajaPrincess, I will definitly contact my congessman about the proposed bill.....do you

have any details on this ?

I am pushing the embassy and DOS with regular phone calls and emails.

Anyone else with dates and time of AP ? Any other African countries ( other than MENA )out there going through this ?

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

HIIIII.......

MY FIANCE AND I ARE IN AP TOO...HE PASSED HIS INTERVIEW IN FEBUARY, AND HE GO THE PAPER THAT SAID ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING...HE WAS CALLED TO BRING HIS PASSPORT TO THE CONSULATE ON mAY 21ST OF THIS YEAR HE WENT AND TOOK THE PASSPORT AND THEY KEPT ITAND GAVE HIM A RECEIPT AND TOLD HIM DONT ENTER TILL WE CALL YOU..THIS WAS ALMOST THREE WEEKS AGO. i DID EMAIL THE CONSULATE AND THEY RETURNED AN EMAIL SAYING YOUR FIANCE NEEDS ADDITIONAL PROCESSING IN THE USA..I CALLED MY LIASON IN THE SENATORS OFFICE AND HE SENT AN INQUIRY ON MY BEHALF AND HE SAID IT MIGHT TAKE SEVERAL DAYS TILL WE GET A REPLY...SO THAT IS HOW IT STANDS..DID YOUR FIANCE TURN IN HIS PASSPORT OR ARE U STILL GOING THROUGH AP/AR NOW AND WAITING TO BE CALLED TO CASA...KEEP IN TOUCH i WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU FOR A GOOD OUTCOME..DO THE SAME FOR ME TOO OK? HUGGS...DONNA(SAFIA) :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

We have been in AP for 6 months.

I-130 Sent : 03-08-2007

I-130 NOA1 : 03-19-2007

I-130 Approved : 06-06-2007

NVC Received : 06-20-2007

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-09-2007

Pay I-864 Bill : 07-10-2007

Receive I-864 Package : 08-02-2007

Returned I-864 Package : 08-03-2007

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-04-2007 (e-mailed)

NVC confirmation of the e-mail : 07-16-2007

IV fee bill generated : 07- 23-2007

Receive IV Bill : 08-02-2007

Pay IV Bill : 08-06-2007

IV Fee entered into NVC's system : 08-21-2007

DS-230 generated : 08-27-07

Receive Instruction Package : 09-14-07

Submit Ds-230 and originals to NVC : 09-20-07

DS-230 Delivered to NVC : 09-21-07

DS-230 Accepted at NVC : 09-25-07

Case Completed at NVC : 10-05-07

Visa in hand : 11-25-08

NVC Left : 11-15-07

Packet 4 received-petitoner : 11-19-07

Consulate Received :

Interview : 12-13-07

AP: 12:13:07

2nd interview: 11-20-08

Visa in hard:11-25-08

Entered US: 12-16-08

Green Card received: 01-05-09

SS card recieved: 01-07-09

First Job: 01-20-09

In school: 06-08-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.