JamieAndAmanda

Passport return after interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are having a problem what she needs to do about her passport. Canada requires everyone to travel with their passport even inside of canada to use as proof of ID. How can she travel back home after the interview is they keep her passport and mail it back to her with the visa papers.

This is a K1 Visa being processed by MTL, Canada also

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my passport and immigration papers back within 24 hours after interview.

You do not need your Passport to travel within Canada - I used only my driver's license - so long as you have a piece of government issued picture ID from within Canada, you are fine to travel. I brought my driver's license, health care card and birth certificate, but Air Canada only needed my license and said that was enough.

You would have had to register with Loomis before the interview so that the documents all get couriered back to you. I was interviewed last Wednesday morning, got back to B.C. on Thursday morning, and had my documents and passport on Friday morning.

:)

Just like Sylea said she will be fine. Here the Government of Canada link.

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/cntr-trrrsm/pssngr-prtct/dcmnts-eng.aspx

Good luck!

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.